Acko Car Insurance
Acko Car Insurance started as India’s first digital general insurance company in the year 2016. It offers bike/car insurance, health insurance and Covid-19 insurance. It is currently the fastest growing insurance provider in the country. Acko Insurance Company has over 50 million customers and a team of 400 partners including Amazon, Ola, OYO and RedBus. The company has launched innovative products like electronics cover, trip insurance and hotel-stay insurance. Its micro-insurance product- Ola Trip Insurance was awarded the Golden Peacock Innovative Product. Acko Car Insurance offers instant policy, customised prices and super-quick claim settlements.
Types of Car Insurance
Acko General Insurance offers a range of third party and comprehensive car insurance plans to suit the needs of its customers. Car insurance plans offered by Acko car insurance are as follows:
|Sr. No.||Type of car insurance||Particulars|
|1.||Liability Only Policy- Private Car- 3 Years||This car insurance policy provides coverage against third-party liability and personal accidents. It is a 3-year policy which covers death or bodily injury suffered by third-party individuals and damages to third party property due to an accident.|
|2.||Liability Only Policy- Private Car||This is a third party policy with the tenure of 1 year for a private four-wheeler. This plan provides coverage against third party liabilities only.|
|3.||Private Car Package Policy||Private car package policy provides coverage against damage or loss caused to the vehicle insured due to various natural and man-made causes. It is a one-year package policy which provides complete insurance to you, your vehicle as well as the third party.|
Private Car Policy- Bundle
|Under this plan, the company will indemnify the insured against the loss or damage caused to the insured vehicle. The plan also covers the liability of third-party resulting in death or body injury to any person or damage to the property of third- party. Under this plan, third party coverage is provided for 3 years and own damage coverage is provided for 1 year.|
Stand-Alone Own Damage Private Car Policy
|It is a standalone policy which provides coverage against damage caused to the vehicle due to natural and man-made causes. This plan can be brought as an addition to the mandatory third-party liability insurance policy to enhance your coverage.|
Benefits of Acko Car Insurance Policies
Benefits of buying Acko car insurance policy are summarised as follows:
1. Low and affordable premiums
Acko boasts of a low premium rate on its policies without affecting the coverage. So, when you buy Acko car insurance plans, you get low and pocket-friendly premiums for the policy.
2. Digitized application
You can buy an Acko car insurance policy online with simple clicks of your mouse. No need to undertake the complex offline process of buying insurance. Acko offers a simple 3-step application mode which also allows you to get covered instantly, within 2 minutes.
3. Easy claim settlements
Acko believes that claims should be stress-free. So, its car insurance claims are processed quickly and you get easy claim settlements.
4. Reputed company
Acko has been ranked number World #8 InsurTech firm which makes it a reputed brand. The company has an existing customer base of more than 4.5 crore policyholders making it a trusted brand for your car insurance needs.
Acko Car Insurance plans offer various discounts subject to certain terms and conditions. The discounts offered on insurance plans of Acko Car Insurance are as follows-
- No- Claim Bonus Discount:
No-Claim Bonus discount is offered if the policyholder has not made any claim under the insurance plan in the previous financial year/years. Discount is also offered to the customers who wish to shift from the previous insurer to Acko Car Insurance Company. This benefit shall be given as per the no claim bonus of the expiring policy of the previous year.
- Additional Discount for Automobile Association of India Members:
If you are an active member of Automobile Association of India, then you can avail additional discount on the premium of car insurance plan offered by Acko Car Insurance.
- Premium Discount:
Premium discount is offered to those customers who opt for ‘voluntary deductible’ over and above the ‘compulsory deductible.’ This additional premium discount benefit shall be given as per the company’s pricing policies.
- Discount for safety devices:
If you install safety devices in your car and such devices are approved by ARAI, you can get a premium discount.
What is Covered in Acko Car Insurance Plans?
Coverage under third-party and comprehensive car insurance plans is different.
Third-party car insurance policies provide coverage only against damage caused to the third party which is as follows -
- Cover against third party liability
All the damages caused to the third party are covered under the third-party car insurance plan which includes coverage of-
- Damage caused due to an accident to the vehicle or property of the third party
- Any bodily injury or death suffered by the third party due to an accident
Comprehensive plans provide the above-mentioned coverage benefits and also cover the following contingencies:
- Cover against own damage
Acko car insurance plans provide cover against following damages and ensure security against:
- Damage caused due to natural calamities like earthquake, fire, flood, etc.
- Damage caused due to man-made calamity like strike, riot, etc.
- Theft of the vehicle
- Damages suffered during transportation of the vehicle
- Comprehensive cover
Damages caused to electrical/non-electrical accessories of the vehicle and bio-fuel Systems are also covered under the comprehensive cover.
What is not covered in Acko Car Insurance Plans?
Acko car insurance provides a list of exclusions which are not covered under insurance plans offered by it. You are required to understand these exclusions before buying a plan to avoid claim rejections. Coverage for the damage or loss for your vehicle or accessories by the following is not allowed -
- Damage caused to the vehicle when the policy is not active
- Items stolen from the car are not covered
- Regular servicing and expenses due to wear and tear
- Damage caused the vehicle when driving under the influence of intoxicating drugs or alcohol
- Damage caused during the war and similar conditions
- Damage when driving without a valid driving licence
- Damage caused to the tyres, engine and tubes unless they are damaged due to an accident
How to buy Acko Car Insurance Plans?
Buying Acko Car Insurance policy is a simple, easy and convenient process. You can purchase a car insurance plan online within minutes by following the steps as follows-
- Enter your car registration number or select the details of your car by visiting the official website of Acko car insurance
- Answer a few simple questions about your car to help the insurance company find an appropriate insurance plan for you
- Review online car insurance policies and prices which are tailor-made for you to suit your requirements
- Select a price and make the payment of the insurance policy and the policy will be in your inbox within seconds
Acko Car Insurance Claim Process
Acko General Insurance provides instant claim settlement in case of minor damages such as a crack in the windscreen, loose bumper, etc. For the claims that cannot be settled through an instant settlement route, Acko General Insurance provides detailed claim registration and process. The process to make claim under Acko car insurance policy is as follows-
- Register your claim by visiting the official website of Acko general insurance www.acko.com. You can also register your claim by calling 1800 266 2256 (toll-free number) or 1860 266 2256 (chargeable).
- Your car would be picked up within 30 minutes of registering the claim subject to certain terms and conditions.
- The repair status of your car would be updated on the website of Acko general insurance company.
- The repaired car would be delivered at your home once the process is completed.
Documents required for filing a claim under the Acko Car Insurance plan
The following documents are required to be submitted to file a claim of Acko car insurance policy:
- A copy of the registration certificate of the car
- Duly filled and signed claim settlement form
- FIR or police report
- The copy of your driving licence
- Copy of your insurance policy
- Original repair, bill cash receipt, etc.
How to renew lapsed/ expired Acko Car Insurance Policy Online
Renewing a lapsed or expired policy is very simple and can be done online. You can renew your Acko car insurance policy online through the following steps
- Visit the official website of Acko Car Insurance
- Log in with your credentials to renew your policy
- Fill in the required mobile number and generate the OTP
- After successful login in, you can click on the option to renew your policy which is lapsed or has expired
- Fill in a simple form with relevant details for car insurance renewal
- However, before renewing your policy you can buy or select the add ons as required
- Make the payment of the premium online using any of the modes available
- Your car insurance policy is renewed within seconds
Documents required to renew your car insurance policy online
Before beginning the renewal of your car insurance policy, you need to submit the following documents which are as follows:
- Duly filled proposal form
- KYC documents of the owner of the car
- Copy of last years’ car insurance policy
- Copy of RC book
Acko Car Insurance Review
Acko General Insurance Company is among the best car insurance providers in India. Acko General Insurance Company offers various third party and comprehensive insurance policies which provide coverage for the damage of your own vehicle as well as damage caused to the third party. The renewal process of the car insurance plans is simple and easy while the claim settlement process is smooth and quick.
Acko car insurance provides 24* 7 customer support making sure that the customers do not face any trouble and gain complete customer satisfaction. All these benefits of Acko car insurance make it an ideal car insurance provider with suitable car insurance plans.
Acko Car Insurance Customer Care Number
If you want to contact the customer care department of Acko car insurance company, you can do so in various ways. The customers can contact the customer care department in any of the following ways:
- Write an email to the insurance company at email@example.com
- You can call on the toll-free number to contact the customer care department at 1800 266 2256/1860 266 2256
- You can write to the department, for this, the address of Acko car insurance is- Unit number 301, 3rd floor, E-wing, Lotus Corporate Park, Off Western Express Highway, Jay Coach Goregaon, East Mumbai- 400063
- For other information, customers can also visit the official website of Acko General Insurance company by logging on to www.acko.com.