Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Comprehensive car insurance is a type of insurance policy that can save you money when your car is involved in an accident. To understand how comprehensive car insurance policies work, readers must first understand what a comprehensive car insurance policy is. This car or motor insurance offers better protection than third-party car insurance due to its added benefits. Policyholders are protected from various circumstances in the event of an accident or mishap, depending on the nature of the policy and the add-ons selected. The ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is an all-inclusive insurance policy for protection against unforeseen circumstances.
How does ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Insurance Work?
ICICI Lombard offers easy-to-buy and affordable premiums on its insurance policies. In addition, policyholders can enhance the overall coverage of their ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy by selecting from several add-on coverages offered by their insurance provider. The process is also relatively easy.
If and when they meet with an accident, policyholders first need to register and file a claim on the ICICI Lombard website. To file a claim, policyholders need the policy number and the vehicle chassis number. To submit an e-claim for your ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy online, policyholders must fill in the necessary details. A representative will contact them as soon as possible. After initiating a claim, users will need to complete a video survey and fill in the information on the nature of the incident. At the end of the process, policyholders will be required to submit several documents for further processing. ICICI Lombard car insurance offers a smooth and easy claim process to ensure policyholders receive compensation in the shortest possible time.
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance vs. Third Party Car Insurance
The critical difference between comprehensive car insurance and a third-party insurance policy is the coverage that both these policies offer. The following table shows the essential differences between the two insurance policies.
|Basis||Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy||Third-Party Car Insurance Policy|
|Compulsion||Optional to buy||Mandatory to buy|
|Coverage||Provides extensive coverage||Provides limited coverage|
|Premium||Higher premiums||Lower premiums|
|Cost-Effectiveness||Not very cost-effective||Highly cost-effective|
|Add-Ons||Add-ons are available||Add-ons are not available|
|Zero Depreciation Cover||Zero depreciation cover is available||Zero depreciation cover is not available|
How to Buy ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance?
ICICI Lombard has eased the process of buying an insurance policy and raising a claim. Users also have the option to buy ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance online. The steps involved in the process are:
- You can hop on the ICICI Lombard website and select the option ‘Motor Insurance,’ under which ‘Car Insurance’ will be listed.
- Then, fill in details with the vehicle registration number, mobile number, and email address.
- The website will show you a list of all the available car insurance policies. Select one from the list, and you can add-on specific coverage and benefits to your policy.
- After selecting the add-ons, you will get a quote for your insurance policy. If satisfied, select the preferred quote and proceed to pay for the same.
- ICICI Lombard will send you the policy details at your registered email address.
What All is Covered Under the ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
Following are the damages that are covered under the ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy:
- Damage to a third-party vehicle or person
- Theft-related damage and vehicle loss
- Up to 50% No Claim Bonus (NCB)
- Any legal and financial hurdles the policyholder may face
- It protects the insured vehicle in case of fire or natural disasters and calamities
- Users will also benefit from choosing from nine different add-ons for their policy with a comprehensive car insurance policy. These include, roadside assistance, zero depreciation cover, etc.
What All is not Covered Under the ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
As with every car insurance policy, the ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy does not cover:
- Damage due to war, warlike situations, and nuclear fallouts
- If the vehicle driver is driving without a valid licence/policy papers
- Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Willful damage to the vehicle
- If the policyholder uses their private vehicle for commercial purposes
- If the insurance policy had lapsed at the time of the incident
- Damage that is caused due to normal wear and tear of the vehicle
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
- Comprehensive car insurance is the highest protective coverage for your car.
- It offers third-party insurance benefits with the addition of several features.
- The ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance also covers the vehicle from further mishaps, natural or man-made.
- It also gives the policyholder easy access to a massive network of cashless garages.
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance Review
ICICI Lombard is one of the biggest insurance providers in India. ICICI Lombard has modernized the online process to make it easier for everyone to purchase car insurance. The company also provides insurance in various sectors, such as health, travel, two-wheeler insurance, etc. One of the best policies offered by any insurance provider in the country is ICICI Lombard car comprehensive insurance.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
1. Can you raise a claim for ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance online?
Yes, it is reasonably easy to raise car insurance claim online. Visit the ICICI Lombard website and select ‘Motor Claim’ under the tab ‘Claims.’ Alternatively, users can also use the IL Take Care app to raise a claim.
2. What is a No Claim Bonus in a comprehensive car insurance policy?
When the owner does not make a single claim within the policy tenure, the company offers a benefit for the responsible ownership of the vehicle. In addition, the insurance provider provides a benefit of up to 50% on insurance premiums after renewal.
3. Where can I check my ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy details?
You will find all the necessary policy details in your policy documents. Users can also log in on the ICICI Lombard website or the IL Take Care app.
4. Is comprehensive car insurance mandatory in India?
No, comprehensive car insurance is not mandatory, but third-party insurance is. However, a comprehensive car insurance policy offers several more benefits when compared to a basic third-party insurance policy.
5. Are offline and online ICICI Lombard comprehensive insurance policies the same?
Yes, users get the same benefits whether they choose the online or offline method to purchase the policy.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More