Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
National Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Insurance provides the confidence to drive without fear. Having motor insurance provides safety and coverage against unpleasant incidents. According to the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, having valid third-party insurance is mandatory. The two majorly offered insurance policies are comprehensive and third-party. A comprehensive insurance policy offers a wider coverage and also protects you from loss acquired due to your own damage. The premium for comprehensive is slightly higher than third-party, but several benefits are offered, leading it to be the customer's first choice. The National comprehensive car insurance policy has built a special place in thousands of hearts. The policy covers accidents, theft, or any damage caused to a third-party and offers 24*7 support.
How does National Comprehensive Car Insurance Work?
The national comprehensive car insurance offers coverage for loss of own damage in addition to third-party coverage. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 availing of third-party insurance is compulsory, but this add-on will enhance safety. The National four-wheeler comprehensive insurance policy covers the damage that occurred due to fire, explosion, self-ignition, burglary, theft, riot and strikes, and malicious and terrorist act. Damage due to natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods, typhoons, hurricanes, storms, tempests, inundation, cyclones, and hailstorms are also included. Transit by road, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air, landslide, rockslide are included under accidental external means.
The add-ons are the main highlights of National comprehensive four-wheeler insurance. The customers who have opted for add-on cover can enjoy zero depreciation, invoice protection, engine protect, and NCB protection, etc . Customer who requires these benefits can apply for them by paying an additional payment in premium. The premium of a National comprehensive car insurance policy will be higher compared to other policies, but it covers all the necessities and 100% assurance to the owner.
National Comprehensive Car Insurance vs. Third Party Car Insurance
|Comprehensive Car Insurance||Third Party Car Insurance|
|Offers coverage to damage inquired due to natural calamities such as earthquake, cyclones, etc.||Doesn't include natural calamities coverage.|
|Covers for the loss of own damage in addition to its liability for damage to third- party person, vehicle and property of up to INR 7.5 lakh.||Covers only liability for damage to third -party person, vehicle and property up to INR 7.5 lakh.|
|Optional to buy||Mandatory to buy|
|Coverage against fire and theft damages||Doesn't cover unexpected events like fire explosions, etc.|
|Provides a choice of add-ons||No extra add-ons are available|
|Premium High||Premium Low|
How to Buy National Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Customers can purchase the National four-wheeler comprehensive insurance policy either by paying a personal visit or online. Following are the steps to be followed to buy the policy offline.
- The customer can visit the nearest office and collect the required details and proposal form.
- Read the form clearly and fill it out accordingly. Submit all the required documents, such as a photograph, identity proof, address proof, etc., in the prescribed format.
- After filling out the form, submit it by visiting directly or through agents. Customers can also request National car insurance agent service.
- Customers will be informed regarding premiums and other information. The policy confirmation documents can be collected directly or through registered posts.
The National comprehensive four-wheeler insurance online offers the facility to buy the policy from the comfort of your home.
- At first, the customer needs to register by providing details such as vehicle type, Date of delivery, and model.
- Select the policy which fits the requirement. After verifying all details, proceed to buy by paying via net banking, ATM, etc. The transactions will be processed through a secured payment gateway.
- The customer will be intimated policy confirmation through email.
What All is Covered Under National Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
- The damage due to fire & explosion, natural/man-made calamities such as earthquakes, landslides, floods, riots, terrorism, etc., will be covered under this policy.
- Theft is another unplanned thing that can create quite a stress, but a National comprehensive car insurance policy covers all the losses that happened due to theft.
- The policy covers the legal liability for injury, death, and property damage caused to the third-party from your insured vehicle.
What All is not Included Under National Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
- Having a valid driving licence is mandatory. In case the customer fails to renew the licence or maintain it, the benefits of a National comprehensive car insurance policy will go out of action.
- Driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol.
- Loss during the war, and civil war are excluded.
- The unexpected electrical or mechanical breakdown and wear and tear cases will not be covered.
- Consequential loss and claims arising due to contractual liability are not included in National comprehensive four-wheeler insurance.
- In conditions like using the vehicle for other purposes such as the private car being used as a taxi.
National Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
- Highest claim settlement ratio.
- In case of an unexpected incident, customers need not worry about the vehicle because it has a connection with more than 3000 garages all over the country. The policy offers the benefit of a cashless garage network.
- The National comprehensive car insurance buying procedure is very easy. It involves minimal time investment.
- No-claim discounts ranging from 20-50% are available.
- The National four-wheeler comprehensive insurance covers losses due to own and third-party damage.
- The customer receives a quick response to their query with a 24*7 helpdesk and live chat support. Users can seek guidance at any time through a single call.
- Customers get a wide range of choice options on add-ons. They can choose which fits their interest.
National Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Review
The National comprehensive car insurance policy is quite affordable and fits into customers' requirements, and the service provided from beginning to end makes it the customer's first choice. According to the customer's review, the support team includes highly professional and experienced members and guides them even with the smallest details. The claim settlement procedures were simple and hassle-free. Overall the customers are very much satisfied with this car insurance service.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
National Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
1. Does a valid driving licenCe is mandatory to file a National comprehensive car insurance claim?
Yes, having a valid driving licence is mandatory to claim the insurance.
2. What is the claim settlement ratio of National comprehensive car insurance?
According to a source, the claim settlement ratio is 85.7%.
3. Does the customer have to pay the extra premium for buying add-ons on top of the National comprehensive car insurance policy?
Yes, those interested in buying add-ons need to pay a separate amount for that.
4. Can the customer buy National four-wheeler comprehensive insurance by directly visiting the office?
Yes, customers can visit the office and collect the information.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More