Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Add on Covers
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Highlights
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Allianz SE, the world’s leading insurer, and Bajaj Finserv Limited. The Company received the certificate of registration from IRDA on 2nd May 2001 and is one of the largest private insurer in the industry today, with offices in over 1100 towns and cities. The company recently changed its brand identity to ‘Caringly Yours’ and aims not just to take its service to the next level, but also seeks to provide the best customer experience at every touchpoint and make insurance a pull rather than a push product.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Zero paper claims
Available upto Rs 10,000
You recently purchased a two-wheeler that grabs everyone's attention as you ride it down the road. It was part of your style statement till the day heavy rains lashed your town, and water ingress in the engine caused it to seize. You're not worried when you receive a hefty bill from the garage as you have the best comprehensive bike insurance policy of Bajaj Allianz. But a rude shock awaits you. Your Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance policy doesn’t cover engine repairs. What can you do now but pay for the repairs yourself?
The next time you renew your bike insurance online, opt for the engine protection add-on offered by Bajaj Allianz. The company offers an array of useful add-ons to enhance the coverage scope of your bike insurance policy.
Let's delve deeper into the different add-ons provided by Bajaj Allianz.
6 Important Add-on Covers for Your Bajaj Allianz Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
Bajaj Allianz prides itself on providing customised bike insurance policies whose coverage can be enhanced with different add-ons. The add-ons increase the value of your policy without putting an undue monetary burden. This is because you can purchase the add-ons that meet your needs by paying a nominal amount as an extra premium.
Below is an overview of the add-ons offered by Bajaj Allianz to a bike insurance policy buyer. After going through the key features of the add-ons, you may make an informed decision regarding buying the appropriate ones.
The cost of bike components keeps reducing every year from an insurance coverage perspective due to age-induced depreciation. This is particularly true for components manufactured from nylon, rubber, plastic and other materials. During claim settlement, the depreciated value is deducted from the total amount reimbursed by Bajaj Allianz.
Conditions that govern the payment under the ‘depreciation shield’ include:
- The bike suffering partial loss must be repaired at Bajaj’s authorised garage. Otherwise, only 90% of the assessed total claim value shall be paid.
- The shield will be considered invalid if the bike’s ownership has been transferred before the accident.
- The shield’s benefits can be claimed only twice during the bike insurance policy period.
- The full value won’t be paid for replacing components not approved by Bajaj’s surveyor.
- Tyre and battery loss or damage aren’t covered.
The engine is the most vital part of your bike. However, a comprehensive bike insurance policy doesn’t pay for a damaged engine’s repair or replacement. Damage can occur due to water ingression, lubricating oil leakage, accidental damage to the gearbox, etc.
The ‘engine protector’ add-on pays for:
- Repairing/ replacing the engine’s internal components like crankshaft, connecting rod, piston, cylinder head, etc.
- Repairing/ replacing the gear box’s internal parts like gears, gearbox housing shafts, etc.
- The labour cost is borne for overhauling the damaged gearbox/ engine.
Some of the exclusions under this add-on have been covered below.
- Payment for consequential losses apart from the conditions/ parts mentioned above.
- Cost of consumable/ engine oil used for engine flushing.
- Restoration of the corroded engine if the corrosion occurred due to delay in intimating Bajaj Allianz or retrieving the bike from a water-logged area.
- Repair cost if evidence suggests negligence on your part in retrieving the bike from a water-logged area promptly.
The bike ownership transfer will render this add-on invalid.
3. 24x7 Roadside Assistance Add-on
Your bike can suffer a breakdown abruptly, leaving you stranded in a desolate area. Under such circumstances, Bajaj Allianz's 24x7 roadside assistance add-on will come to your rescue.
Its features include:
- Towing the bike to the nearest garage/ service centre in case of a bike accident/ breakdown.
- Payment of the labour cost for towing the damaged bike to the service centre.
- Arrangement of minor repairing or troubleshooting on the spot to rev up your bike.
- Replacement of a flat tyre on the road.
- Jumpstarting the bike’s battery if a breakdown occurs because of a flat battery.
- Topping up of fuel if the bike stops due to fuel shortage.
This bike insurance add-on takes care of your safety and comfort too. You will be shifted to a nearby hotel through a hired taxi if your bike has broken down at a spot far away from your home. Else, an arrangement will be made by Bajaj Allianz to drop you home.
4. Personal Accident Cover for Pillion Rider Add-on
A pillion may accompany you while riding the bike. If an unfortunate accident happens on the road, expenses incurred on your treatment will be covered under the own damage clause of your bike insurance policy. However, the pillion rider can also sustain grievous injuries, which may lead to minor or critical impairment.
This add-on dedicated to pillion riders facilitates:
- Treatment of the co-passenger for injuries caused during an accident.
- Adequate compensation payment to the co-passenger in case the concerned becomes critically impaired.
A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy doesn’t reimburse the expenses incurred on different consumables replaced during the repair of the damaged bike. This add-on cover enables you to claim the cost of such consumables, including:
- AC refrigerant
- Oils of the gearbox, engine, power steering, AC gas, brake
- The electrolyte of the battery
- Radiator heat suppressant fluid
- Windshield washer fluid
- Nuts and bolts
- Oil or fuel filter
- Weights for balancing wheels
- Other components of the same nature as the above
NCB is an incentive offered by Bajaj Allianz to those who had not placed any claim request during the last year of the insurance validity or the years before. The bonus value gets reflected as a percentage reduction in the total premium amount payable during bike insurance policy renewal.
If you file a claim with Bajaj, the NCB is lost. This implies that a claim request will cause you to pay more in premium value.
The NCB protect add-on ensures that:
- You are entitled to receive the NCB discount even if you file a claim from Bajaj during the previous policy year.
- The NCB percentage will not be adversely impacted or proportionately reduced.
Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance add-on covers compare with the best in the insurance industry. You must consider purchasing the ones that suit your specific requirements to steer clear of uncalled-for financial loss and mental stress.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Add on Cover FAQs
1. If the ownership of the bike has been transferred during the policy period, will I continue to enjoy add-on covers?
Bajaj Allianz categorically mentions that add-on covers like depreciation shield, engine protector, etc., will expire if such a transfer occurs.
2. Will I be dropped home after a bike breakdown if I have opted for Bajaj’s 24x7 roadside assistance cover?
Yes, you will be transported home or to a nearby hotel if your broken-down bike can’t be repaired.
3. Will Bajaj Allianz pay for the expenses incurred in treating the pillion rider who had been accompanying me and was grievously injured in a bike accident?
You will need to purchase the 'personal accident cover for pillion rider add-on'. This will entitle the pillion rider to claim reimbursement of the expenses incurred by him/her for the treatment of injuries sustained during an accident while travelling with you. If the pillion rider is critically impaired, Bajaj Allianz will adequately reimburse the concerned individual.
4. Will Bajaj Allianz settle my full claim under different add-ons even if I get my two-wheeler repaired in a service centre other than the one specified by Bajaj Allianz?
Yes. You will need to pay for the repairs and submit a reimbursement request to Bajaj Allianz. The insurer will check your reimbursement claim application and documents carefully before approving the same.
5. I claimed reimbursement from Bajaj Allianz last year. At the time of bike insurance renewal, will I be entitled to avail of the no-claim bonus?
Yes, provided you have the NCB protect add-on that retains the discount on the premium even if you file a claim request.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More