Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
National Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
National Insurance Company Limited is India’s Oldest General Insurance Company. The company was incorporated on 5th December 1906 in Kolkata, India. The company has a huge network of offices, branches, and network garage. The company has more than 1703 offices spread across India and has a presence in Nepal. The company deals in Health Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Rural Insurance covering Livestock, Agricultural Equipment, and Industrial & Commercial Insurance. The company is known for its unwavering commitment to providing a wide range of insurance products as per the needs and requirements of the customers.
Types of National Insurance Policies with National General Insurance Company Limited
Car insurance is a mandatory insurance in India. All car owners must purchase a car insurance policy as per the terms and conditions mentioned under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. Buying a car insurance policy is not only a mandatory product but is also a crucial instrument as it safeguards the car owner from unforeseen expenses caused to the vehicle. Apart from insurance coverage against damages a car insurance policy not only covers third-party legal liability but also provides coverage for a personal accident of driver or co-passengers of the vehicle.
National Insurance Company is one of the leading general insurance companies that offer a wide range of insurance products that satisfy the insurance needs of all vehicle owners. The following are the popular products of Motor insurance from the National Insurance Company:
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance –
This insurance cover is offered to a Passenger Carrying Vehicle.
- Private Car Insurance –
This insurance cover is offered to protect the damages caused to private cars
- Two-Wheeler Insurance -
This insurance cover is offered to protect the damages caused to two-wheelers
Let us understand in detail the features and benefits offered by the Private Car Insurance Policy of National Insurance Company Limited.
Benefits of National Car Insurance
National Insurance Company Limited is one of the most preferred general insurance companies for car insurance policies. The company has designed car insurance covers encompassing all needs and requirements of car owners. The following are the benefits offered by the private car insurance policy:
- Damage Cover:
The private car insurance policy is designed to cover for the damages arising out of incidents like an accident, fire, explosion, etc. This car insurance plan offers insurance coverage for total or partial damages and takes care of the expenses.
- Personal Accident Cover:
The insurance policy is not only designed to cover the expenses of damage caused to the vehicle but it also covers for the expenses of injury caused to the owner if he/she meets a car accident while driving or traveling in the insured car.
- Third-Party Liability:
The National Insurance Company Car Insurance policy covers third-party car insurance liability. In the event of an accident if the property of a third party is injured then such damages are secured under this policy. Similarly, if any such accident leads to death or bodily injury of a third party is involved then all such expenses and damages are secured under this policy.
- Add-On Covers:
Customers can enhance car insurance protection by adding add-on covers to the base policy. These add-on covers make the insurance policy robust and provide maximum protection. The add-on covers can be availed by paying an additional premium amount. The following add-on covers are available under National Insurance Company Car Insurance Policy:
- Nil Depreciation plus for Private Car:
Also called as Zero Depreciation add-on cover. Under this cover for any damage caused to the car parts, the insurance company will reimburse the full cost of damages and not the depreciated amount.
- Invoice Protect:
In the event of theft or loss of the vehicle, this add-on cover will reimburse the entire amount as mentioned in the car invoice.
- Engine Protect:
The engine protection add-on will cover the expenses of engine repair and keep your savings intact.
- NCB Protect:
The ‘No Claim Bonus’ benefit is offered for continued payment of premium and for not registering any claim in a particular year. This benefit is passed on by providing a discount on the premium amount of the package policy. The NCB offered ranges between 20% to 50%, depending upon the number of consecutive claim-free years. The following table shows the NCB allowed under National Insurance Company Limited
- Nil Depreciation plus for Private Car:
|Number of Claim Free Year
|5 or more than 5
- Towing Charges:
The National Insurance Car policy pays for towing charges in the event of car break down. The towing service is available from the point of an accident or car breakdown to the nearest network garage. The maximum permissible towing charges are INR 1500. Higher towing charges can be availed by paying extra premium.
What is Covered in the National Insurance Car Insurance Plan?
The National Insurance Company has designed the car insurance cover keeping in mind all the needs and requirements of the car owner. The following are the list of things that are covered under the National Insurance Car Policy:
1. Liability Only Policies
The car insurance policy is designed to cover the vehicle owner's liability of compensation in the event of an accident for:
- Death / Bodily Injury to a third-party person
- Damage caused to third-party property
Kindly note, the liability coverage is ‘unlimited’ for death or bodily injury of a third-party person, however, liability coverage is INR 7.5 lakhs for damages caused to third-party property
2. Package Policy
Package Policy offers extended coverage over and above the Liability Only Policies. The Package policy cover for the damages or losses incurred to the vehicle or its accessories due to:
- Fire, Explosion, Self-Ignition or Lightning
- Burglary or Theft
- Malicious Act
- Act of Terrorism
- Damage caused due to Earthquake
- Flood, Typhoon, Cyclone, etc
- External Means like an accident
- Landslide or Rockslide
What is not Covered in the National Insurance Car Insurance Plan?
The following is a list of things that are not covered under the car insurance policy. It is important to understand and know the exclusions under a car insurance policy as it will give a complete understanding of what all damages are covered or excluded from an insurance claim.
- Normal wear and tear caused due to general ageing of the vehicle
- Consequential Loss
- Damages caused to the vehicle in an accident occurred while driving under the influence of alcohol or without a valid license
- Damages caused due to civil war, war, etc.
- Claim arising on account of contractual liability
- Use of vehicle done against the ‘limitations as to use’ for example: using a private car as a taxi
How to Apply For National Car Insurance Plan
Any customer willing to purchase National Insurance Car Policy can purchase it in two ways:
1. Through Offline Channel: The following is the procedure to purchase a car insurance policy from National Insurance Company via offline mode:
- Contact or visit the nearest National Insurance Company Office either directly or via an authorised agent.
- Collect and fill out the Proposal Form
- Submit the duly filled Proposal Form along with relevant documents directly to the branch office or submit them to us through National Insurance Authorised Agent.
- Premium Amount estimates shall be conveyed to the proposer
- Upon the receipt of the premium amount from the proposer the National Insurance Company shall issue the policy to the customer
2. Through Online Channel:
- To buy car insurance online the customer first needs to register himself/herself on National Insurance Company Limited Portal
- Customers can either register or can also buy a policy by continuing ‘as Guest’
- The first step is to get a ‘Quick Quote’ by entering all valid and relevant details like vehicle type, Registration No, Model, RTO Location, etc.
- Once you enter all the valid details a premium quotation will be generated and if you are satisfied with the quote then you can go ahead and purchase an online car insurance policy by paying the premium amount.
National Car Insurance Claim Process
The following is a detailed procedure for filing the car insurance claim with National Insurance Company Limited
1. In case of a claim arising due to accidental damage to the vehicle
- The 1st and immediate step is to file a written intimation to the nearest National Insurance Company Office or Branch
- In case of an accident, a vehicle spot survey will be arranged by the company at the accident site
- Obtain a claim form from the office or branch
- Fill out the claim form duly along with required relevant documents like
- Copy of Registration Certificate
- Copy of Driving License of the Driver
- Estimate of Repairs
- Kindly note, do not start the repairs of the vehicle unless it is been surveyed by IRDA licensed Surveyo
2. In case of a claim arising due to theft of the vehicle
- First and Foremost, intimate the theft by lodging an FIR with the nearest Police Station
- Inform the nearest National Insurance Company Office or Branch at the earliest
- Obtain a Claim form from the office, duly fill it and submit it along with required relevant documents
- Submit the final police report with the insurance company as soon as it is received.
3. In case of a claim arising from Third-Party Liability
- Inform about the accident/incident to the insurance company at the earliest
- On the receipt of summons from the Court, it should be submitted to the insurance company at the earliest
- Obtain a claim form from the insurance company, duly fill it and submit it to the insurance company along with relevant required documents like Registration Certificate, Copy of Driving License, FIR, Summons Copy, etc.
How to Renew Your Lapsed/Expired National Car Insurance Policy Online?
The renewal of Lapsed or Expired National Car Insurance Policy is simple, quick, and hassle-free. The customer can either renew the lapsed policy via an offline channel or through online mode. For renewing the lapsed policy via an offline channel or via online mode you need to keep the following documents handy in order to renew the policy quickly:
- Copy of expired or previous years Car Insurance Policy
- Copy of Registration Certificate
- KYC Documents of the car owner
- Duly filled proposal form
If your car insurance plan has already lapsed or expired, you need to get your vehicle surveyed before you can renew your car insurance policy. This is done by the insurer at your preferred address so that they can check the vehicle’s health and fitness before issuing a fresh car insurance policy.
If your vehicle insurance has lapsed more than 90 days before, you may even lose your No Claim Bonus. Thus, you should never lapse your vehicle insurance plan as it is not only mandatory, but to get continued benefits of coverage.
National Car Insurance Review
National Insurance Company is India’s top general insurance company. Customers are happy and satisfied after purchasing a car insurance policy from National Insurance Company for the following reasons:
- The company offers a seamless buying and renewal process
- The claim settlement process is quick and simple
- 24*7 customer service facility is available
- Wide range of add-ons is available to widen the scope of car insurance coverage
- A huge network of cashless garage
National Insurance Customer Care Number
National Insurance Company has a strong presence in India. The customer care department has created numerous ways through which customers can reach and avail customer services without any hassle. The following are the ways to contact the customer care department of National Insurance Company:
- Correspondence Address: 3, Middleton Street, Prafulla Chandra Sen Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700071
- Telephone Number: 22831705
- Fax Number: 22831740
- Unresolved Grievances: write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report Frauds: write to email@example.com
- Customer Portal Queries: write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intermediary Portal Requests: write to email@example.com
- Other queries: write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Add ons for your Car Insurance
National Car Insurance FAQs
1. How many add-on covers does National Insurance Company offer?
National Insurance Company is one of the leading general insurance companies in India. The company is well-known for providing a wide range of add-on covers for their customers to pick and choose. These add-on covers can be added to the base policy in order to avail additional coverage for their car insurance policy. The add-on covers is a cushion that offers additional protection against the damages or losses to the car thereby ensuring peace of mind. These add-on covers can be added by paying a minimal extra premium.
The add-on covers offered by National Insurance Policy are as under:
- Nil Depreciation
- Invoice Protect
- Engine Protect
- NCB Protect
- Towing Charges
2. What is the incurred claim ratio of National Insurance Company?
The Incurred Claim Settlement Ratio of National Insurance Company for motor insurance claims as per IRDA Annual Reports for FY 2018-19 is 121.67%.
3. How can I check my National Insurance Company’s Car Claim status online?
National Insurance Company has a dedicated portal where customers can check their claim status within seconds. Visit https://nationalinsuranceindia.nic.co.in/portal/page/portal/Corporate/Home/ClaimsDetailsFromEbao and you can easily track the claim status.
You need to fill in details like Customer ID, Claim No, Policy Number, Date of loss, etc. to get the relevant details.
4. How can I download my National Insurance Company’s Car Policy Document Online?
To download a car policy document online you need to first register yourself to National Insurance Company’s website. You can register yourself by providing necessary information like name, surname, policy number, email id, address, etc. Once you register your User ID and Password will be generated with which you need to re login and register a service request for a policy document. The customer support executive upon receipt of the service request shall send the policy document to your registered email ID from where you can easily download it.
5. How long does the National Insurance Company take to process and settle car insurance claims?
As per IRDA guidelines and regulations, the insurance company has to settle the car insurance claims within 30 days of receiving all the documents and verification. If any further investigation is required the claim settlement process should be completed within 6 months starting from the date of filing the claim in writing. However, the Nation Insurance Company usually takes 7 working days to settle the claim.
6. Does National Insurance Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, National Insurance Company does not offer a pay-as-you-drive car insurance facility.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More