Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
United India Third Party Bike Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The most basic bike insurance plan is third-party bike insurance. It offers coverage to the insured for all third-party liabilities such as injuries, death, and/or property damage, etc., caused due to an accident/mishap involving the bike of the policyholder. While the amount of compensation in case of third party injury/death is decided by the court, the extent of compensation for third party property damage is limited up to INR 7.5 lakh.
How does United India Third Party Bike Insurance Work?
The third-party policy of United India bike insurance works in a simple way. When you get involved in an accident and end up harming any third party, United India helps you with the claim. The insurer asks for specific documentation, other relevant details, etc., to conduct a verification. If you meet all the specified criteria, then the insurer will reimburse for all the costs of repairs and replacements as per the insurance policy’s terms and conditions.
United India Third Party Bike Insurance vs Comprehensive Bike Insurance
|Aspects||Third Party Bike Insurance||Comprehensive Bike Insurance|
|Coverage||Compensation for all types of third party damages is offered.||Compensation for any type of damage related to third-party and own is provided.|
|Requirement||It is mandatory.||It is not mandatory.|
|Add-ons||No add-ons are there.||Varieties of add-ons are available.|
|Cost||It is comparatively cheaper.||It is comparatively costlier|
How to Buy United India Third Party Insurance?
Based on the insurer you select, you can purchase the policy online or offline. United India's third-party two-wheeler insurance online is simple, user-friendly, and quick. To make the purchase online or offline, you must submit a few documents and provide the necessary details.
You should enter your name, age, date of birth, gender, and occupation. Documents such as a copy of your driving licence and registration certificate are needed. If you want to renew your policy, the same can be done online. You will also need basic information about your current policy for renewal.
What All is Covered Under United India Third Party Bike Insurance Policy?
- Financial liabilities of third-party property damages: This third-party policy takes care of any third party's property damage caused in an accident/mishap involving the insured's bike. The insurer compensates for third-party property damage (the maximum limit is INR 7.5 lakh).
- Third-party bodily injury/death: The insurance company is responsible for any third-party injury, disability, and/or death caused by the insured's motorcycle. The amount of compensation is determined by the court in this case. The court of law decides the compensation amount.
What All is not Covered Under United India Third Party Bike Insurance Policy?
- No coverage for damages caused to your insured bike.
- Injuries sustained by policyholders will not be offered.
- Damages occurred through man-made and natural calamities.
- Normal wear & tear and mechanical & electrical breakdown.
- Damage happened under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- No coverage will be offered if the damages occurred outside the geographical location.
Key Benefits of Purchasing United India Third Party Bike Insurance
- Paperless Purchase
Almost all transactions can be completed online. To purchase or renew a United India insurance plan online, you need an internet-enabled smartphone or device.
- Comply with the Indian Law
All bike owners must get this two-wheeler insurance policy since it is a must as per the Indian law.
- Economical Plan
Compared to other types of bike insurance, the premium of this policy is relatively low. Thus you don't have to spend much to get this mandatory third-party liability protection.
- Ride with no Stress
Accidents can harm your savings. Especially when a third party suffers losses, physical damages, death or damages in assets, you have to pay for that all from your pocket. Hence, with a liability only policy, you can ride your bike without the stress of third-party financial liabilities.
United India Third Party Bike Insurance Review
If you are looking for the best insurer to buy insurance for your bike, United India is the name you can trust. The company offers third-party bike insurance with so much ease that it would be a hassle-free journey for you online.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
United India Third-party Bike Insurance FAQs
1. Is third-party bike insurance compulsory according to Indian law?
Yes, as per Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for every bike owner in India to have at least third-party insurance. Riding your bike without this mandatory insurance is a punishable offence.
2. Does United India third-party insurance cover electrical and/or mechanical damages to the bike?
No. The third-party insurance does not cover these damages for the insured bike.
3. What is the maximum compensation amount provided according to the United India third-party two-wheeler insurance policy?
There is no fixed compensation for bodily injuries or death to a third person /party. As for damages to their property, the compensation amount is set at INR. 7.5 lakhs.
4. What should I do if my United India third-party bike insurance policy documents are lost?
You may contact United India's customer care at the earliest to get duplicate copies.
5. How is the cost of United India third-party bike insurance calculated?
The cost of third-party bike insurance is determined by IRDAI as per the cc of your bike.
Recent ArticlesView All
Renewing an HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy is simple. To make a note of the considerations, you should...Read More
Insurance companies offer several add-ons to a two-wheeler insurance policy. Learn about their terms and condi...Read More
Bike insurance immunes you financially against third-party claims, loss and damage to the two-wheeler, etc. Bu...Read More
Riding a bike with a lapsed Royal Sundaram bike insurance policy can result in fines up to INR 2000 or impriso...Read More
Transferring the ownership of a two-wheeler and its registration certificate can be a tiresome process. The pr...Read More
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory to get the PUC certificate. Now, we can apply, view, and ...Read More
Not every bike insurance covers damage to bike fibre parts. A two-wheeler insurance policy with add-on zero-de...Read More
The Honda Activa series of scooters are among the most popular ones in India. Here are the 3 best Honda Activa...Read More