Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy Download
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Universal Sompo car insurance policy document is a legal document that acts as an agreement of insurance between the car owner and the insurance provider. Here, one party is the insurance company, which offers insurance cover against a premium amount. The other party is the insured member/policyholder, who would be given compensation in exchange for a periodic premium to the insurer. The document is a set of paperwork containing details regarding coverage, exclusions, as well as terms and conditions of the policy. Every car owner must have a car insurance policy document, either in a soft or a hard copy.
The policy document is an essential element required on various occasions. For example, it is required during the claim settlement procedure as well as at the time of policy renewal. Hence, it is needed that all the policyholders must read the entire document with clarity to not fall into anything faulty. The policy document includes the following in detail:
- Policy type that you have bought, its IDV and duration.
- Policy number and the premium to be paid by the policyholder.
- Benefits, inclusions & exclusions of the policy.
- Other features of the policy.
- Policyholder’s personal information.
- Information about the vehicle.
- Grievance redressal process.
How to Download Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy Online Using Policy Number?
For your Universal Sompo car insurance policy download, follow the steps given below:
- First, visit the official website of Universal Sompo car insurance.
- Then, log in to the customer portal using your personal details.
- Find and click on a tab titled ‘policy details.
- Next, click on a tab titled ‘new policy.’
- Enter your policy number in the required field and click on ‘search.’
- The screen would now display your policy details and other information.
- Download the policy document in PDF format.
Do I Need a Hard Copy of the Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy Document?
All car riders must carry a car insurance policy while riding on public roads in India, as per the traffic law. Due to this, you must have your policy documents with you at all times. In the absence of valid documents, you may face imprisonment or fines imposed by the law. However, with rapidly advancing technologies these days, you can escape all such punishments even if you don’t have hard copies of your policy document. With the E-Vahan Bima initiative by the government, you can now maintain insurance documents in the form of a soft copy on your mobile. In addition, you can also keep a PDF document of the policy on your email ID for inspection purposes.
How to Get a Hard Copy of Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy?
The Universal Sompo car insurance policy document is sent to your registered address in hard copy format once you purchase the policy by paying its premium online. If the policyholder has lost their papers, they can get a soft copy of their policies by following the above-mentioned process.
How Can I Make Changes in My Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy Document?
If any incorrect details are mentioned in the policy document, the policyholder must contact the customer support staff of Universal Sompo General Insurance Company as soon as possible. Inaccurate or falsified information can end up in the rejection of insurance claims. The necessary rectifications can be done by contacting Universal Sompo’s toll-free helpline number available on the company’s website. Staff from the customer support team of the insurance company would make the rectifications. The insurer would then grant a new copy of the policy document to the policyholder in PDF form. Moreover, the policyholder may also visit the nearby branch office of Universal Sompo.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy Download FAQs
1. What are the ways of getting a duplicate Universal Sompo car insurance policy document if the original is lost?
Ways to get duplicate copies of your car insurance papers:
- Contact your insurance agent.
- Write to the insurance company.
- Submit an application.
- File a police complaint.
- Publish an advertisement.
- Get an indemnity bond.
2. Will you be charged for an indemnity bond while asking for a duplicate Universal Sompo car insurance policy document?
You will have to pay the fee and the stamp fee to obtain the indemnity bond.
3. Can you use the DigiLocker facility to store the Universal Sompo car insurance policy document?
Yes. The DigiLocker is a safe and secure digital storage platform backed by the Government of India. It helps you store government-issued personal and official documents in a digital format.
4. Are Universal Sompo car insurance customer service representatives available 24/7?
Yes, the Universal Sompo car insurance customer care team is available 24/7 on the toll-free numbers available on the company’s website.
5. How can you check your Universal Sompo car insurance policy status?
You can check the insurance status via VAHAN:
- Firstly, go to the website for VAHAN.
- Click on the ‘know your vehicle details’ tab.
- Now, provide the car's registration number and enter the verification code.
- Click on ‘search vehicle’.
- You will then see the insurance details.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More
The benefits of 'Pay as You Drive Car Insurance' are numerous. This article aims to provide you with an unders...Read More
Telematics car insurance is a contemporary and technologically advanced system using which you pay the premium...Read More
The trend of CNG cars in India is increasing rapidly as people want to save on expenses on fuel and join hands...Read More