Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
New India Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
India is a densely populated country, and driving on Indian roads takes a lot of proficiency. This is because accidents are extremely common in urban as well as rural areas. Therefore, to ensure the rider's safety and others on the road, the government has made it mandatory for all car owners to buy car insurance.
The New India Assurance car insurance is a way to ensure that your car and the third-party vehicle are safe against damages. There are a number of different insurance policies to choose from for your car. Third-party car insurance is mandatory by law. Apart from that, the car owner can choose any other policy and add-ons to their coverage. Let us know more about the processes regarding buying and renewing a New India car insurance policy.
Types of New India Assurance Car Insurance
The New India Assurance Company offers three types of car insurance policies. They are designed to provide different types of coverages as per the customers' requirements. With millions of clients in place, the company caters to every need and requirement of its policyholders.
Along with the three insurance policies, New India Assurance offers several add-on covers to accompany specific policies to be bought over them. Add-on covers focus on fulfilling particular requirements of the policyholders that regular car insurance policies would not cover. It is up to the policyholder which add-on they prefer for their car.
The three types of New India Assurance car insurance policies are as follows:
- Third-party Car Insurance Policy: The government has made a third-party car insurance policy compulsory. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, every car owner has to buy a third-party car insurance policy. This is to safeguard the interest of the third party affected in the event of an accident. Under this policy, the insurance provider covers the expenses incurred by the third-party person/vehicle as a result of an accident or collision with the policyholder's vehicle. However, it does not reimburse any costs incurred by the policyholder or their vehicle. New India third-party car insurance also protects the policyholder in terms of legal matters concerning the third party. This policy provides partial coverage that only deals with third-party damages affecting the property, life, etc.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy: A New India comprehensive car insurance policy is a complete insurance policy that covers every damage. This includes the policyholder's own damage as well as third-party damages. This type of car insurance policy provides extensive coverage to the policyholder concerning all the financial and legal liabilities. The New India comprehensive car insurance policy is recommended to be bought over a third-party car insurance policy. This will cover all the expenses incurred by the policyholder. They will be protected against financial liabilities that can rake up a lot of money in the form of damages and repairs. With a comprehensive policy, you can also buy add-ons to enhance the protective cover of the base policy. This option is not available with third-party insurance policy.
- Standalone Car Insurance Policy: A New India standalone car insurance policy is, in essence, completely opposite of a third-party insurance. It only covers the own damages of the policyholder. It would not cover third-party liabilities, financial or legal. This type of insurance policy is also a great addition to the compulsory third-party. A standalone car insurance policy also allows the addition of add-ons over it. Policyholders have the freedom and option of buying as many add-ons as they wish on top of a standalone car insurance policy.
Benefits of New India Assurance Car Insurance
A New India Assurance car insurance policy has the following benefits for policyholders:
- New India car insurance can be bought online or offline, as per the customer's convenience.
- Policy renewal can also be done online, with minimal documentation.
- New India Assurance helps customers in raising claims without hassle.
- The company provides immediate redressal of complaints.
- Claim settlement is done digitally.
- Claims settled by the company do not take a lot of time and are completed without many formalities.
- Reimbursement of liabilities, third-party or own damage, is done in a matter of days.
- The company has an extensive network of nationwide repair garages for the convenience of the policyholders.
- Customers are provided with 24/7 customer service through the company's online portal and through their toll-free phone number.
- In the event of third-party property damage, the New India car insurance provides coverage of up to INR 7.5 lakh.
- Add-ons can be bought to enhance the overall coverage. More than ten add-on covers are available for policyholders to choose from as per their requirements.
What is Covered Under New India Assurance Car Insurance Policy?
A New India car insurance policy will cover the following damages:
- Damages incurred due to theft, burglary, or housebreaking.
- Damages incurred due to natural calamities like earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, etc.
- Damages incurred due to man-made disasters such as explosions, terrorist activities, etc.
- Damages incurred as a result of fire or explosion.
- Accidental damages incurred by the insured vehicle.
- Third-party damages, under the compulsory third-party car insurance policy.
- If the policyholder has bought a comprehensive or standalone car insurance, the policy will also cover the policyholder's own damages, both financial and legal.
- The New India car insurance also covers damages incurred by the vehicle as a result of malicious acts.
- The insurance policy will also cover damages caused in transit.
What is Not Covered Under New India Assurance Car Insurance Policy?
The New India car insurance will not cover the following damages:
- In addition, the policy will not provide coverage if the damages have occurred due to driving the car under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If the driver has been caught driving without a valid driving licence, the policy will not cover legal or financial damages.
- If a private insured car is being driven for commercial purposes, the damages incurred in the process will not be covered under the New India car insurance.
- Consequential losses are not covered under New India car insurance.
- If the car is damaged as a result of being under attack during a war or mutiny, the insurance company will not cover damages.
- The New India car insurance will not cover any tyre damage incurred by the insured car.
- If the car is driven without valid third-party insurance, the company will not cover financial and legal damages.
- If the car is being used beyond the borders specified in the insurance policy document, its damages will not come under the coverage of the insurance.
- If the policyholder is using their car in organized racing, the damages incurred in the process will be excluded from the policy coverage.
- Non-accidental engine damages also do not come under the coverage provided by New India Assurance.
- The company will also not provide coverage for the cost of consumables of the car.
How to Apply for the New India Assurance Car Insurance?
You can apply to buy the New India Assurance car insurance online or offline. It depends on your convenience and preference which mode of purchase you choose.
To apply for the New India car insurance online, follow the process given below:
- First, visit the official website for New India motor insurance.
- Then, select 'car insurance.'
- Next, find the 'Buy Online' tab and click on it.
- Click 'Ok' and proceed.
- Select the type of car you are getting insurance for: private or commercial.
- Select 'Buy insurance for a new vehicle' and proceed.
- Fill in all the fields with accurate details regarding your car and submit.
- Fill in your personal details and submit.
- You will have to choose from the offered quotes by the company.
- Make online payments through credit/debit card, net banking, etc.
- Collect the policy details on your registered email ID.
If you are planning to buy your New India car insurance offline, the following steps will help you do the same:
- Visit the nearest branch office of New India Assurance.
- Enquire about motor insurance and meet with the customer representative in the office.
- Collect the application form for car insurance from the customer representative.
- Fill in the details required in the state with complete accuracy.
- Submit the form and collect the list of documents to be submitted for the insurance policy.
- Submit the documents.
- Choose the type of policy you are purchasing and the quote offered by the company.
- Make the payments using cash, cheque, or DD.
- Collect policy documents in hard copy form in person or get them delivered to your registered postal address.
New India Assurance Car Insurance Claim Process
If your car, insured under the New India car insurance, happens to meet with an accidental mishap, you can raise a claim online on the New India Assurance official website. You can quickly get your claim settled with New India Assurance by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Intimation: As soon as you fall into an accident or collision, or your vehicle suffers any of the losses covered by your insurance provider, you have to intimate the insurer about it. There is a specified period of time under which the insurer has to receive the information regarding the damage. If the stipulated period passes, the insurer can reject your claim. Intimating the insurance provider in time helps you and the insurer start the formalities using the proper procedure.
- Photo Evidence: The second step in the claim settlement process under the New India car insurance is to provide photo evidence of the damages incurred by the insured car. You must click pictures of your damaged vehicle right after the accident takes place. This acts as evidence for the inspector that later inspects your claims and their validity. Try and take pictures of the damages from every possible angle. These pictures will help you get the entire compensation for the liabilities. In addition, if a third party has been injured in a mishap, photographic evidence will also support your claim in court if need be.
- Form Filling and Documentation: Now begins the process of actually filing for a claim with your insurance provider. You need to contact the insurer and collect the claims form. After filling the form with your personal details and details about your policy, you will receive a list of documents that need to be submitted with the claim request. You must submit all the documents required by the insurance provider to get your claim settled. It is advised to keep all your documents ready beforehand so that the claim settlement process can be completed without any delay and you can receive the compensation at the earliest.
- Inspection: The next step would be getting your damaged car inspected by the officials sent by the insurance provider. The New India Assurance company will send a couple of inspectors who will investigate the events of the accident and verify your claims. If the inspectors find any discrepancies in your claim and the actual damage, your claim will be rejected.
- Repairing: After verifying your claims, the damaged vehicle will be sent to a garage for repairs. New India Assurance has an extensive network of hundreds of repair garages across the country. The insurance company will reimburse the repair expenses. For cashless claims, the insurance company will take care of the repairing expenses on their end.
- Compensation: Lastly, the insurance provider will compensate you for every expense you have incurred for repairing your vehicle. The compensation will also include the costs as a part of the legal liabilities incurred by the policyholder. In the case of cashless claims, all the expenses will be directed toward the insurer, and the policyholder will not have to pay anything in physical form.
How to Renew Your Lapsed/Expired New India Assurance Car Insurance Policy Online?
Car insurance must be renewed in a timely manner within the stipulated period of its expiry. Generally, the New India car insurance policy has a validity of 1 or 3 years, depending on the vehicle. The process of New India car insurance renewal is straightforward and simple. It can be easily completed online without any hassles.
For the New India car insurance renewal of an expired policy, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website for New India Assurance.
- Choose 'Motor Insurance' from the menu on the home page.
- Click on 'Buy Online.'
- Choose the type of car- private or commercial.
- Choose 'Renew existing policy from any insurer.'
- Fill in all the details with utmost accuracy in the displayed form and submit. The details will concern your existing insurance policy that has lapsed or expired.
- Submit the details.
- The website will now display the renewal quotes, out of which you need to choose the one that suits you the best.
- At this point, you can also choose add-ons if you are willing to increase the policy coverage.
- Make the payments through digital transactions using Net Banking, Debit/Credit cards, etc.
- Collect the renewed policy details on your registered email ID in PDF format.
Failure in renewal may result in getting your policy lapsed/cancelled. In addition, you will have to buy a new policy to keep your insurance valid. The company can also impose a fine on your next premium if you cross the threshold of policy renewal stipulation.
New India Assurance Car Insurance Customer Care Number
If you want to contact the New India Assurance Company for matters relating to your car insurance, the details are as given below.
- Toll-Free Number: 1800-209-1415
- Website: www.newindia.co.in
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New India Assurance Car Insurance Review
The New India car insurance is an ideal choice if you want to ensure your priced car against damages. The company has been known for decades for providing the safest and most reliable insurance products in the country. The New India Assurance company also takes care of customer queries in a matter of minutes with its efficient customer service team that tirelessly works 24/7.
The different insurance products come along with a wide selection of add-ons. These add-ons ensure your and your vehicle's safety by providing cover for various damages that can happen in an accident or collision. In addition, the company makes sure that renewal and claim settlement is done in a hassle-free and reliable manner without making the policyholder submit a lot of documents.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
New India Car Insurance FAQs
1. Can I skip renewing my New India car insurance policy regularly?
You must renew your New India car insurance policy within the stipulated period regularly before it expires.
2. How many cashless garages are there in India run by New India Assurance?
New India Assurance runs more than 250 cashless garages all across India.
3. Is it possible for a New India Assurance executive to be present in court at the time of a third-party hearing?
You can request for the presence of a New India Assurance company executive at the third-party court hearing.
4. Is it necessary to buy add-ons on top of a base New India insurance policy?
It is recommended to buy add-ons with your base policy as there are certain aspects of accidental damage that your base policy might not cover. An add-on covers specific damages, providing additional coverage.
5. How do I renew my expired New India policy offline?
You can renew your policy offline by visiting the New India Assurance office near you. You can meet the customer representative and request for a renewal form, and complete the formalities in person. You can also make payments in cash and collect renewed policy document in physical form.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More