Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without two wheeler number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Your two-wheeler ownership entails having an insurance cover compulsorily according to the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. Since the primary intention of the legal obligation is to promote road safety, third-party insurance cover is mandatory. However, it makes sense to enhance the ambit by adding the own-damage feature to it for umbrella protection from driving hazards. And the Universal Sompo comprehensive bike insurance policy fits the bill eminently with additional and redeemable features seldom offered elsewhere.
How does Universal Sompo Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Work?
Study the standard features offered in the comprehensive policy of Universal Sompo bike insurance, as you have ample scope to enhance the coverage while purchasing. Accordingly, the policy protects you from third-party liabilities and adds an own-damage cover protecting the insured vehicle and the policyholder from loss and damages regardless of accidents. Thus, the policy protects your dream machine from losses involving theft, fire, explosions, and natural calamities, to name a few. However, that does not preclude the options for add-ons to augment the coverage further.
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Vs. Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance
Comparing the comprehensive and third-party policies is handy to satisfy the need for enhanced coverage beyond the legal obligation.
|Features||Comprehensive Policy||Third Party Policy|
|Coverage||Own damage, in addition to third-party liabilities.||Only third-party physical and legal liabilities.|
|Legal Obligation||Optional to buy.||Compulsory account to the MV Act 1988.|
|Cost||Costlier due to extensive coverage.||Comparatively lower due to meager coverage.|
|Policy Term||1 year||3 years|
How to Buy Universal Sompo Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance?
It is most convenient to purchase Universal Sompo comprehensive bike insurance online from the comfort of your home or office in a user-friendly environment. The steps are simple and minimal.
- Visit the insurer’s or the aggregator’s portal and select the “Buy Now” button under the Universal Sompo two-wheeler comprehensive insurance policy option.
- Enter the vehicle number, phone number, location, and email ID and proceed.
- Next, confirm the input and choose suitable add-on covers to continue.
- Then, receive the quote and pay the premium online using the available payment solutions.
- Your purchase is complete, and you can download the policy document for future reference.
What All is Covered Under Universal Sompo Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
The coverage is true to the name providing comprehensive coverage to the insured vehicle and the two wheeler insurance policyholder.
- Fire: Compensation for loss or damage due to fire.
- Explosion: Heat, light, noise, and shock waves produced by rapid nuclear and chemical reactions.
- Self Ignition: Loss or damage caused due to automated combustions without any external heat source.
- Natural/Man-made Disasters: Floods, earthquakes, rock slides, cyclones, strikes, riots, terror attacks and many others.
- Theft: Loss of the insured vehicle due to burglary.
- Human Interventions: Loss or damage during transit using the road, rail, water, air transport, and malicious acts.
Add-on Covers: Any cover with an enhanced coverage provided in the add-ons
Third-party Liability: Compensation for loss and damage to third party person, vehicle and property.
What All is not Covered Under Universal Sompo Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
It is essential to clearly understand the Universal Sompo comprehensive two-wheeler insurance exceptions to prevent claim repudiation.
- General Wear and Tear: Wear and tear suffered due to the vehicle’s age leading to depreciation and consequential loss.
- Wear and Tear of Consumables: Tyres and tubes get a 50% compensation if damaged at the same time.
- Wilful Negligence: Accidental loss And damage caused due to wilful negligence and in violations of the limitations clause.
- Illegal Acts: Driving without a driving licence or under the influence of intoxicants and narcotics.
Benefits of Universal Sompo Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance
There are ample reasons to buy Universal Sompo two-wheeler comprehensive insurance policy laced with several benefits:
- Policy issuance is instant in the total digital service environment.
- Universal Sompo provides a quick claim settlement mechanism in three simple steps.
- You can choose from a portfolio of long-term insurance policies.
- The add-on covers offered are extensive, helping to augment the coverage substantially.
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Review
Universal Sompo is gaining popularity among the two-wheeler owner fraternity for their extensive network garages affording cashless claims. In addition, the customer support system operates 24/7 to provide emergency assistance in times of need. And the icing on the cake is that the insurer offers unlimited claims under their Universal Sompo comprehensive bike insurance policy.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
1. How do you determine the financial liability under the Universal Sompo comprehensive bike insurance policy?
The insurer’s financial liability towards the policyholder is up to the Insured Declared Value (IDV) mentioned while purchasing the policy.
2. When should you renew your Universal Sompo comprehensive bike insurance policy?
It is best to renew the policy well before the expiry date to prevent losing coverage benefits.
3. What is the eligibility criterion for purchasing the Universal Sompo comprehensive bike insurance policy?
The only criterion for purchasing the Universal Sompo comprehensive bike insurance policy is that your two-wheeler must first register with the local RTO.
4. Is there any bar on the number of add-on covers while buying the Universal Sompo comprehensive bike insurance policy?
There are no bars on purchasing add-on covers in the Universal Sompo comprehensive bike insurance policy against an additional premium.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
It's All About Selecting No-claim Bonus (NCB) During Bike In...
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewal of IFFCO-Tokio Two-wheeler Insurance Online: A Compr...
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
Steps to Claim Reliance Bike Insurance
It's a big relief if you have someone who will cover all your financial losses that may incur in the future du...Read More
Steps to Claim Bike Insurance at HDFC Ergo
All bike insurance policyholders expect an easy and hassle-free claiming facility from their bike insurance co...Read More
Off-road Bike Insurance: All You Need to Know
Youngsters in India are very adventurous and love to do off-road riding. It is always advisable to purchase bi...Read More
Different Types of Bike Insurance and Its Variants
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Bike Insurance: Should You Buy It from Bike Dealers?
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Everything You Need to Know About Acko Bike Insurance Before...
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More
Bike Insurance Premium for 125cc Engine
Bike insurance varies because of many factors, and one among them is bike capacity. Know the insurance policy ...Read More