Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
National Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. How many add-on covers does National Insurance Company offer?
National Insurance Company is one of the leading general insurance companies in India. The company is well-known for providing a wide range of add-on covers for their customers to pick and choose. These add-on covers can be added to the base policy in order to avail additional coverage for their car insurance policy. The add-on covers is a cushion that offers additional protection against the damages or losses to the car thereby ensuring peace of mind. These add-on covers can be added by paying a minimal extra premium.
The add-on covers offered by National Insurance Policy are as under:
- Nil Depreciation
- Invoice Protect
- Engine Protect
- NCB Protect
- Towing Charges
2. What is the incurred claim ratio of National Insurance Company?
The Incurred Claim Settlement Ratio of National Insurance Company for motor insurance claims as per IRDA Annual Reports for FY 2018-19 is 121.67%.
3. How can I check my National Insurance Company’s Car Claim status online?
National Insurance Company has a dedicated portal where customers can check their claim status within seconds. Visit https://nationalinsuranceindia.nic.co.in/portal/page/portal/Corporate/Home/ClaimsDetailsFromEbao and you can easily track the claim status.
You need to fill in details like Customer ID, Claim No, Policy Number, Date of loss, etc. to get the relevant details.
4. How can I download my National Insurance Company’s Car Policy Document Online?
To download a car policy document online you need to first register yourself to National Insurance Company’s website. You can register yourself by providing necessary information like name, surname, policy number, email id, address, etc. Once you register your User ID and Password will be generated with which you need to re login and register a service request for a policy document. The customer support executive upon receipt of the service request shall send the policy document to your registered email ID from where you can easily download it.
5. How long does the National Insurance Company take to process and settle car insurance claims?
As per IRDA guidelines and regulations, the insurance company has to settle the car insurance claims within 30 days of receiving all the documents and verification. If any further investigation is required the claim settlement process should be completed within 6 months starting from the date of filing the claim in writing. However, the Nation Insurance Company usually takes 7 working days to settle the claim.
6. Does National Insurance Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, National Insurance Company does not offer a pay-as-you-drive car insurance facility.
1. Does the National car insurance policy renewal cost higher than buying the insurance plan?
In case you file a claim during a policy year, you will get premium discounts on National car insurance renewal. But a revision in third-party liability premiums by the IRDAI, as and when it deems fit to do so, could raise your National car insurance premium rates on renewal. In addition, if you have been fined repeatedly for violating traffic rules, driving under the influence of intoxicants such as liquor, National Insurance could raise the premium.
2. What happens if I don't renew my National car Insurance policy on time?
Your car will remain uninsured against unforeseen car damage expenses and third-party liabilities until the policy is renewed.
3. Is there any facility to pay National car insurance premiums in installments?
A facility like this is not available as of now. In India, car insurance contracts are typically available for a year, and you must pay the entire amount upfront rather than in installments.
4. Is it safe to renew my car policy online from National Insurance?
Online policy renewal is safe and convenient at National Insurance. You can instantly renew the policy and start getting the benefits out of it.
5. Can I renew my National car insurance policy online without net banking?
You can renew your plan without internet Banking. You can make the payment with a debit card, credit card or UPI.
1. What are the main documents required to file a National car insurance Claim?
To file a claim, you need a copy of an incident report, proof of identification, domicile proof, policy information, etc.
2. Can I make a claim even if my National car insurance policy has recently expired?
You can’t file a National car insurance claim in that case. Therefore, it is critical to renew the insurance before it expires.The genuine and bona fide claims will be processed within 24 hours of receipt of all needed documentation and information.
3. Are damages from natural calamities covered under a National car insurance claim?
Yes, you can raise a National car insurance claim for damages caused to your vehicle due to natural calamities. Edelweiss claim settlement ratio for the year 2021 was 97.01%
4. Can I re-claim for compensation if my claim was once rejected by National Insurance?
After carefully pointing out your mistakes and rectifying them, you can again file for a new claim.
5. What is a cashless National car insurance claim settlement?
A claim is settled in a cashless manner whenever the repair is done at an insurance provider's network garage.
1. Shall I dial the toll-free number for the National car insurance policy document download?
Yes, you can dial the toll-free number, which is 1800-200-7710, for the said purpose. However, the number can change with time. So, you should refer to the company’s website to know the updated number.
2. What is the utility of a National car insurance policy document?
You can show the document to be able to ride safely and legally. While meeting with an accident or facing damage/loss due to an accident or natural or man-made disasters, you will need to produce your policy doCcument for getting a National car insurance claim with ease.
3. What happens if I mistakenly delete my National car insurance policy documents on my smartphone?
If you happen to delete your digital policy document by mistake, you can download it again using your policy number on the insurer’s website.
4. How many times can I download my National digital car insurance policy documents?
There is no limit to the times you can download your digital policy documents.
5. Does the National car insurance policy document contain inclusions and exclusions?
Yes, your National car insurance policy document will contain details regarding the inclusions and exclusions.
Add On Covers
1. What do National car insurance add-on covers mean?
National car insurance add-on covers provide additional protection on your vehicle insurance policy, which can help you supplement the coverage provided by your regular car insurance policy. You need to pay the premium for the add-ons as well as the one you do for the standard National car insurance policy. These add-ons can be attached to both standalone own damage and comprehensive plans offered by National car insurance.
2. Can I get multiple add-ons on a single policy of National Insurance?
Yes, you can choose from a variety of add-ons when purchasing National car insurance.
3. Is it necessary to purchase National car insurance add-on covers?
While purchasing National car insurance add-on covers is not mandatory, doing so only helps widen your financial coverage against unforeseen events related to your vehicle. Since these add-ons come at an extra premium, select the one that you would need mostly.
4. Can I claim daily cash benefits if my car is damaged in a flood?
The claim procedure does not change from one add-on to another. You will need to intimate National Insurance, which will be followed by a surveyor visit, relevant document submission, claim approval (if all goes well) and the subsequent disbursal of the claim amount.
5. Which National car insurance add-on is the best?
Choosing from a range of National car insurance add-on covers depends on your actual needs. But add-ons such as zero depreciation, engine protection and roadside assistance cover are must to have. Vehicles will depreciate sharply over time, resulting in far less claim disbursal amount in case of damage to the car. Other add-ons mentioned also add value by protecting you against unforeseen expenses.
1. Does a valid driving licenCe is mandatory to file a National comprehensive car insurance claim?
Yes, having a valid driving licence is mandatory to claim the insurance.
2. What is the claim settlement ratio of National comprehensive car insurance?
According to a source, the claim settlement ratio is 85.7%.
3. Does the customer have to pay the extra premium for buying add-ons on top of the National comprehensive car insurance policy?
Yes, those interested in buying add-ons need to pay a separate amount for that.
4. Can the customer buy National four-wheeler comprehensive insurance by directly visiting the office?
Yes, customers can visit the office and collect the information.
1. Who should buy National third-party car insurance?
Any car owner who wishes to protect his/her vehicle can buy National third-party insurance.
2. What will happen if I am caught driving without National third-party insurance?
In such a scenario, you'll have to pay a fine. Therefore, it's always advised to buy insurance.
3. Can I add additional riders to my base third-party policy of National Insurance?
No. third-party insurance doesn't allow adding riders to the base policy.
4. Why is National third-party insurance less costly than the company’s comprehensive insurance plan?
Third-party insurance is less costly than comprehensive insurance because the former provides very limited coverage compared to the latter.
5. How much cover does National third-party car insurance provide?
A National third-party car insurance policy covers property damage of the third person for up to INR 7.5 lakh. Whereas bodily injuries, disability or death of the third party do not have a predefined coverage limit as the court decides the compensation amount for the same.
1. I have a National zero depreciation add-on cover along with its comprehensive Cover. Will it cover electrical/mechanical breakdowns in my car?
No, the zero depreciation add-on cover of National Insurance does not cover electrical/mechanical breakdown.
2. How much money can I save with National zero depreciation car insurance add-on cover?
How much money can I save with National zero depreciation car insurance add-on cover?
3. Does a zero depreciation National car insurance add-on cover the CNG kit?
No, National zero dep car insurance does not cover any depreciation to the bi-fuel kit.
4. Can I buy a zero depreciation cover for a second-hand car?
You can buy a zero depreciation add-on cover for your second-hand car if it is not older than 5 years.
5. In case my car is stolen, am I eligible to avail of National zero dep car insurance benefits?
No, National zero depreciation car insurance offers no coverage against stolen vehicles.
1. Can I buy National standalone car insurance on the company’s official website?
Yes, you can buy the standalone car insurance on the official website of National Insurance Company.
2. Can I buy the National standalone car insurance policy offline?
The National standalone car insurance policy can be bought offline by visiting the nearest office of the company.
3. Is no claim bonus available on the National standalone car insurance policy?
The National standalone car insurance policy has the facility of a no claim bonus for policyholders.
4. Can you customize the IDV while renewing the Reliance standalone Car Insurance policy?Does the claim settlement ratio of National Insurance Company include the cases settled for standalone car insurance policyholders?
National car insurance claim settlement ratio represents the entire claims settled under the company’s various policies, including its standalone variant.
5. Is a standalone car insurance policy affordable to purchase?
Yes, a standalone car insurance policy is affordable as compared to a comprehensive plan.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More