Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Highlights
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Allianz SE, the world’s leading insurer, and Bajaj Finserv Limited. The Company received the certificate of registration from IRDA on 2nd May 2001 and is one of the largest private insurer in the industry today, with offices in over 1100 towns and cities. The company recently changed its brand identity to ‘Caringly Yours’ and aims not just to take its service to the next level, but also seeks to provide the best customer experience at every touchpoint and make insurance a pull rather than a push product.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Reimbursement -3 working days after document submissions - 50% advance cash on parts only without GST (labor not included) liability should be above 1 lakh - 6 months accidental repair warranty not eligible on replaced parts - Zero Paper Claims
- Reimbursement -3 working days after document submissions - 50% advance cash on parts only without GST (labor not included) liability should be above 1 lakh - 6 months accidental repair warranty not eligible on replaced parts - Zero Paper Claims
Available upto Rs 30,000
Available upto 50%
24*7 Road Assistance (radius - 100 km from city center of customer residence)
- 24*7 Road Assistance (radius - 100 km from city center of customer residence)
1. How many add-ons are sold by Bajaj Allianz with its car insurance plan?
Bajaj Allianz car insurance offers a variety of add-ons with its comprehensive policy. The add-ons are as follows –
- Personal Baggage-
Personal baggage add-on cover protects your personal belongings and covers the losses that you may incur because of damage or theft of the personal belongings from your car.
- Zero Depreciation-
Zero depreciation add-on cover helps you to nullify the depreciation associated with your car. With this add-on cover, when you claim your insurance, the insurance company will pay the full value of the car and all of its spare parts without deducting any cost of depreciation.
- Conveyance Benefit-
Convenience benefit add-on insurance helps you to pay for your daily conveyance during which your car is getting repaired in a garage. It includes the daily cab or transportation charges for the period of your car servicing.
- Key and lock replacement-
Key and lock replacement add-on reduces the expenses resulting due to misplacement or loss of the car keys. The insurance company will replace and purchase the car’s lock and keys on your behalf.
- Engine protector-
Engine protector add-on covers the expenses arising due to oil leakage, hydrostatic lock, etc. and protects your engine from wear and tear. It pays for the damages caused to the engine and engine parts, differential parts and gearbox and gearbox parts.
- Personal Baggage-
2. What is Bajaj Allianz’s Incurred Claims Ratio (ICR)?
The Incurred Claim Ratio for Bajaj Allianz motor insurance policies for 2018-19 is 62%.
3. How to download my Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy document online?
When you buy Bajaj Allianz’s car insurance policy, the policy document is automatically sent to your email ID. If you want to download the document again, you can visit https://general.bajajallianz.com/BagicNxt/OnlinePrint/printbagicpolicy.jsp and provide your policy number and registered mobile number. A UIN would be generated which you should enter and provide the registered email ID. Then you would be allowed to download the e-policy online.
4. How long does it take for Bajaj Allianz to settle its claims?
Bajaj Allianz’s Caringly Yours application gives you instant settlement for minor claims. For other claims raised digitally, the company takes about 20 minutes to settle the claims. For complicated claims, however, there might be a few days before which your claim would be settled.
5. How can I check the car insurance claim status of Bajaj Allianz online?
To check your claim status, visit https://general.bajajallianz.com/BagicNxt/b2c/customer/claim_enquiry_new.jsp and enter your policy number and claim number and the claim status will be displayed.
6. Does Bajaj Allianz offer Pay-as-you-Go policy?
No, currently the company does not offer Pay-as-you-Go car insurance plans.
1. Which is better between the online and offline car insurance renewal process?
From a convenience perspective, online renewal seems better than offline procedure. However, people who are not used to technology much may prefer to visit the branch.
2. Can a shift between offline to online or vice versa be made after some years of the policy?
Yes, you can always choose between the two options available during the policy period.
3. Do I get the benefit of add-ons in my Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal?
Yes, with a comprehensive car insurance policy, you are entitled to get add-ons such as zero depreciation and NCB in your Bajaj Allianz Car renewal.
4. Will the Bajaj Allianz insurer inspect my car before insuring it?
No, it may not every time necessarily be needed by the company to inspect your car unless it has not been insured for a while.
5. In case I do not find my car's model on Bajaj Allianz's website, what should do I do?
You can contact the customer care department of the company on 1800-209-5858.
1. Can I claim Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance twice a year?
No restrictions are levied on the number of times you can file a Bajaj Allianz four-wheeler insurance claim. However, frequent claims can minimize the protection.
2. What happens if I cannot file Bajaj Allianz car insurance claim in the required time?
If you fail to file an insurance claim on time, your claim might be rejected.
3. Are scratches covered in the car insurance claim of Bajaj Allianz?
No. Scratches are not covered in the insurance policy.
4. Can I claim Bajaj Allianz car insurance without proof of accident?
Producing proof of an accident is mandatory while claiming car insurance. This increases your chances of getting a claim rejected.
5. Can I cancel my Bajaj Allianz car insurance during the tenure?
Yes, you can cancel your car insurance. You will receive all the money you paid in the form of premiums minus the penalty. However, it is not advisable to cancel your car insurance as driving your car without the same on Indian roads is a punishable offence.
1. What are the contact details of the Bajaj Allianz Customer Care department?
You can call 1800-209-0144 or 1800-209-5858 at anytime 24*7 for any assistance.
2. Can I get a duplicate insurance policy copy for my Bajaj Allianz car insurance?
In case you have lost the original papers or they are stolen, you can request the company to issue a duplicate copy by contacting their customer care team.
3. Do I get the option of Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy download in Bajaj Allianz's app?
Yes, you can download the policy document with the company's mobile app.
4. Can I get entitlement to NCB on Bajaj Allianz's car insurance policy?
Yes, you can get an NCB on your comprehensive car insurance policy from Bajaj Insurance, subject to the terms and conditions.
5. Can I still apply for a claim where I have lost my Bajaj Insurance Car Insurance Policy documents?
You should apply for duplicate policy documents in case the documents are lost or stolen. Then afterward, you can apply for the claim.
Add On Covers
1. Is it mandatory to have car insurance add-on covers?
The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, mandates for all motorised vehicles to carry insurance. Cars need to have either comprehensive or third-party insurance for them to become road-worthy.
Add-on covers are optional and applicable as per the owner’s risk appetite. However, in light of the rise in road accidents and the growing risk to your vehicle, it is advisable to carry car insurance add-on covers.
2. How to choose Bajaj Allianz car insurance add-ons?
Choosing the Bajaj Allianz car insurance add-on covers should solely depend upon your specific needs and requirements. It should also depend on how much premium you can afford to pay. It is advised to choose add-ons wisely.
3. How to claim the Bajaj Allianz add-on covers added to my car insurance policy?
In any scenario where your vehicle suffers damage, the applicable Bajaj Allianz add-on covers become automatically active when you file a claim.
4. How does adding Bajaj Allianz add-on covers affect my Bajaj Allianz car insurance premium?
Add-ons are additional covers that car owners can avail on top of their base policy. This directly implies that as the number of add-ons increase, the payable premium also increases. Therefore, add-on covers and policy premiums are directly proportional to each other.
5. How many times can I claim the zero-depreciation add-on cover?
The zero depreciation cover can be claimed for a maximum of two times during the policy period.
1. Is a comprehensive car insurance policy more expensive than third-party insurance?
Comprehensive car insurance offers the most extensive protection for your vehicle. While the premiums are higher as compared to the other alternatives, you get the maximum claim settlement in the event of a mishap.
2. Can I extend the coverage under Bajaj Allianz comprehensive car insurance?
The coverage under a comprehensive insurance policy can be extended through Add-on coverages. You can choose from among the several options available for you.
3. Is Bajaj Allianz comprehensive car insurance mandatory?
While the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 does not mandate comprehensive cover for four-wheelers, such a policy can help ensure your peace of mind.
4. Is it worthwhile to get comprehensive car insurance?
Comprehensive car insurance policies offer the most extensive coverage for your vehicle. While they are costly, the degree of coverage helps ensure your safety and protects against losses in the event of an accident.
1. What is the fine amount that is imposed for driving without Car insurance?
A penalty of INR 2000 (for the first time) and INR 4000 (for repeated offense) is imposed offense and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
2. Am I allowed to port my third-party cover from another company with Bajaj Allianz?
Yes, you can port the same. Contact at 1800 209 5858 to know the detailed procedure.
3. Is buying Bajaj Allianz third-party car insurance beneficial?
Yes. Third-party car insurance will provide you coverage in case you cause vehicle or bodily damage to a third party in an accident.
4. Why is Bajaj Allianz's third-party car insurance premium lower than the premium of comprehensive insurance?
Bajaj Allianz's third-party car insurance premium is lower than the premium of comprehensive insurance because third-party insurance offers limited coverage.
1. How can I get my Bajaj Allianz insurance renewed?
Visit the insurer's website. Click on the Renew Premium option. Use your listed email address and password to log in. Make the payment, and your policy will get renewed shortly.
2. Is it possible to have separate names under insurance and vehicle ownership?
It's important to remember that the insurance covers the car that the owner purchases. This means that the insurance must be purchased in the same name as the vehicle. It facilitates a smooth claim payout process. If there is a difference in the car owner's name or address, the insurance company may reject the claim outright.
3. Do you have to pay extra while opting for Bajaj Allianz zero depreciation?
Yes, an extra premium of zero depreciation add-on would be included in your comprehensive policy hence your final premium payment would rise.
4. What is covered under a zero depreciation cover?
Zero depreciation cover protects all automobile parts made of plastic, fiber, wood, and metal from harm. It pays for painting and dent repair according to policy guidelines.
5. How long does Bajaj Allianz take to resolve its claims?
Bajaj Allianz's special application Caringly Yours helps you receive immediate payment for minor claims. The corporation takes around 20 minutes to settle other disputes raised digitally. However, for intricate claims, it may take a few days before your claim is resolved.
1. Will my Bajaj Allianz standalone insurance coverage be transferred on buying a new car?
No, if you purchase a new car, you must obtain insurance for both vehicles individually. You cannot have the primary insurance coverage for two cars at the same time, according to the rules. Bajaj Allianz, on the other hand, offers personal accident coverage for two automobiles under one insurance.
2. Is standalone automobile insurance going to cover electrical/electronic accessories?
Users can acquire electrical or electronic equipment protection as part of their online car insurance coverage, but only as an add-on to their existing insurance policy.
3. How long will it take to purchase car insurance standalone coverage online?
To obtain insurance online is the most convenient and effective. Standalone car insurance may be purchased online in 3 to 5 minutes. However, before purchasing a plan, you should do your homework.
4. Is there a set of requirements for purchasing a standalone car insurance policy?
An automobile insurance coverage can be purchased without any additional requirements. If you have a lawfully purchased car in your name, you are eligible for any type of motor insurance coverage from Bajaj Allianz.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More