Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
National Third Party Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, mandates that every car owner in India has third-party insurance. You can buy this insurance from companies, such as National Insurance, for third-party damages. However, you can’t get any financial assistance for yourself and your car damages from National third-party car insurance. However, this doesn't lessen the importance of third-party insurance. This is because it protects you legally as well as financially in case you end up hurting a third party or the concerned’s vehicle in a road mishap. Read on to more about National Insurance third-party car insurance.
How does the National Third-party Car Insurance Work?
The mechanism of National third-party car insurance is as easy as it can get. In an event where you (the insured/ policyholder) cause a mishap and hurt a third party severely or end up damaging the vehicle of the concerned person, you can raise a claim. After National Insurance conducts the necessary inspections, you get the required financial help in terms of legal as well as monetary liabilities.
National Third-party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
|Third-party Car Insurance||Comprehensive Car Insurance|
|Only third-party liabilities are covered.||Third-party as well as personal liabilities are covered.|
|No add-ons are available.||Add-ons are available.|
|Low premium costs.||Premium costs are high.|
|Mandatory by law.||Not mandatory by law.|
What All is Covered Under National Third-party Car Insurance?
Here are the things that your National third-party car insurance will provide coverage for:
- Legal liabilities to the third party as a result of a mishap.
- Financial liabilities arising out of an accident with a third party.
- Coverage for the third party’s bodily injury, death or permanent disability.
What All is not Covered Under National Third-party Car Insurance?
Here is a list of events where your National third-party car insurance won't extend any help:
- Damage caused as a result of drunk driving.
- Damage caused outside the permissible boundaries.
- Damage caused when the driver wasn't having any valid DL.
- Damage caused when the vehicle was being used for illegal purposes.
- Damage caused as a result of car racing, speeding, etc.
How to Buy National Third-party Car Insurance?
There are two ways by which you can purchase National third-party car insurance. These include the online and offline procedures. Here is what you need to do if you wish to buy the policy online:
- Visit the official website of National Car Insurance.
- Go to ‘motor insurance’ and then on to ‘private car’
- Get the proposal form and fill it up
- Provide the necessary details and submit the documents
- Pay the premium and submit your form
Your policy will get active, and you can enjoy the benefits.
You can purchase a National third-party car insurance policy by following these steps -
- Contact National car insurance directly or through an insurance agent.
- Get hold of the insurance form and provide all the necessary details.
- Clear all your confusion regarding the insurance policy if you have any.
- Submit the specified documents.
- Pay the premium, and the car insurance policy is yours!
Key Benefits of Purchasing National Third-party Car Insurance
Buying National third-party car insurance brings with it several benefits:
- You don't have to worry about finances in case you get into an accident and end up inflicting serious injuries to the third party
- You are covered against legal liabilities as well if the injury extends to the third party’s death.
- Helps you abide by the law.
- Lower premium rates given the limited coverage, hence, affordable.
National Third-party Car Insurance Review
Buying third-party car insurance from National Insurance can prove to be one of the best decisions of your life. The company not only ensures a hassle-free buying procedure but also has an active customer service team. Your claims are heard on time, and you receive the necessary assistance within the stipulated time.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
National Party Car Insurance FAQs
1. Who should buy National third-party car insurance?
Any car owner who wishes to protect his/her vehicle can buy National third-party insurance.
2. What will happen if I am caught driving without National third-party insurance?
In such a scenario, you'll have to pay a fine. Therefore, it's always advised to buy insurance.
3. Can I add additional riders to my base third-party policy of National Insurance?
No. third-party insurance doesn't allow adding riders to the base policy.
4. Why is National third-party insurance less costly than the company’s comprehensive insurance plan?
Third-party insurance is less costly than comprehensive insurance because the former provides very limited coverage compared to the latter.
5. How much cover does National third-party car insurance provide?
A National third-party car insurance policy covers property damage of the third person for up to INR 7.5 lakh. Whereas bodily injuries, disability or death of the third party do not have a predefined coverage limit as the court decides the compensation amount for the same.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More