Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Reliance Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. How many add-on covers does Reliance Car Insurance Offer?
Reliance Car insurance offers multiple add-on covers, such as:
- Nil Depreciation Cover
- No Claim Bonus Retention Cover
- Daily Allowance Benefit
- Key Protect Cover
- Engine Protector Cover
- Consumable Cover
- EMI Protection
- Motor Secure Premium Cover
- Motor Secure Plus Cover
2. What is the Incurred Claim Ratio of Reliance Car Insurance Company?
Reliance General Insurance Company Limited had a motor ICR of 85% and a total ICR of 86% in the financial year 2018-19.
3. How can I check my Reliance Car Insurance claim status online?
You can easily check your claim status, you need to visit the official website and enter your policy details. You will get the details of your status. To go to the company page, click https://www.reliancegeneral.co.in/Insurance/ClaimPage.aspx. To get further assistance you can get in touch with customer care executives, call on - 91 22 48903009.
4. How can I Download My Reliance Car Insurance Policy Document Online?
You can download all car insurance-related documents from here: https://www.reliancegeneral.co.in/Insurance/Motor-Insurance/Car-Insurance.aspx
5. How long does Reliance Car Insurance Company take to process and settle a car insurance claim?
Once all the formalities are done with, in a few days the company settles the claim. As cashless claims need less documentation they are generally quicker than reimbursement claims.
6. Does Reliance Car Insurance offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, as of now the company does not offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance.
1. Can I renew Reliance car insurance after missing its expiry date deadline?
Yes, you can do Reliance car insurance renewal even after expiry. Yes, you can do it within 90 days of the expiry date. However, the insurer will inspect the car before approving renewal.
2. What are the available discounts during Reliance car insurance policy renewal?
Three significant discounts are available to the policyholder during the Reliance car insurance renewal. These are:
- No claim bonus accumulated up to 50% for claim-free years.
- Installing ARAI certified anti-theft device in the insured vehicle.
- Opting for a voluntary deductible in addition to the compulsory.
3. Which is the primary factor for deciding the Reliance car insurance policy renewal premium?
You get the renewal quote according to the IDV accepted during the process. However, Reliance allows customization of IDV to your benefit.
4. What payment modes are available to the policyholder during Reliance car insurance policy renewal?
You can choose from a range of payment solutions, including credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI and Paytm, to pay the premium online.
5. Does the car model impact the Reliance car insurance policy renewal premium?
Yes, it is one of the many factors determining the premium quote offered during renewal.
1. What do you need to feed for Reliance car insurance claim intimation?
You must intimate and register the claim using their helpline or “Self-I” App with the following data.
- Car insurance policy number.
- Name of the policyholder.
- Contact number.
- Date and time of the incident.
- Insured vehicle’s registration number.
- Make and model of the vehicle.
- Location and the extent of the loss.
- Brief description of the accident or other incidents.
- Garage name with other details, if available.
2. When Reliance accepts the liability on receipt of the surveyor’s report, which are the forms to submit?
You must submit duly signed forms 28, 29 and 30 for Reliance car insurance claim settlement. In addition, submit the financier-signed undated and blank form 35.
3. When should you report to the police for a Reliance car insurance claim?
You must register an FIR with the police for third-party injury, death, or damage to property. In addition, an FIR is a must for the theft of the car.
4. What do you mean by constructive total loss as per Reliance car insurance?
What do you mean by constructive total loss as per Reliance car insurance?
5. Is there any bar on the number of Reliance car insurance claims during the policy term?
You can file as many valid claims without any bar unless specified under a Reliance car insurance policy. For example, Reliance car insurance zero depreciation cover can be availed only twice during the policy term.
1. Can I access the Reliance car insurance policy document through mParivahan app?
The app allows you to access a registration card, road tax receipt, policy document, PUC certificate, and driving license.
2. Does the Digilocker app help you access the Reliance car insurance policy document?
The Digilocker is an Aadhaar based app by which you can access the Reliance car insurance policy document. You need to register the policy on the app first. Once that’s done, you can check the policy document anytime.
3. Is the soft copy of Reliance car insurance policy a substitute to the original?
The soft copy is a valid version of the original, and you can show it to the traffic police as and when it interrupts you on the road.
4. Do the aggregators provide a Reliance Car Insurance download facility?
You can download the policy document on several aggregators’ portals or take assistance from their customer care executives.
5. Besides the online option, how else can you get the physical Reliance car insurance policy document?
You can call the Reliance helpline at 1800 3009 and seek the assistance of their executives to obtain a hard copy of the policy document.
Add On Covers
1. What are the limitations of the Reliance car insurance add-on for nil depreciation?
The add-on facility is available under a private car insurance policy, and you can claim protection under the add-on twice during the policy term. In addition, the insured car cannot be more than 5 years old.
2. How much will the premium be for the add-on cover of Reliance car insurance?
How much will the premium be for the add-on cover of Reliance car insurance?
3. How many Reliance car insurance add-ons can you choose during a single policy term?
There is no bar on selecting the add-one coverage while purchasing or renewing your car insurance policy. However, choose wisely to match your risk perceptions and budget.
4. Does the cost of Reliance car insurance add-on cover remain uniform?
You pay an additional cost for the add-on cover, but the price is not uniform and varies according to the protection offered.
5. Can you purchase add-ons with Reliance third-party car insurance?
No, the add-on covers are available only with Reliance comprehensive and own-damage car insurance policies.
1. What factors determine the Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy?
The critical factors that determine the Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy are:
- Make and model of the car.
- Manufacturing year.
- Number of chosen add-on.
- Whether no claim bonus is available.
- The customized IDV.
2. Are there any discounts for purchasing the Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy?
You can get the following discounts for your Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy based on the following incidents -
- Automobile Association of India (AAI) membership.
- Installation of anti-theft devices.
- Opting for a higher voluntary deductible.
- Premium discounts on not claiming in a financial year.
3. How does the IDV impact the Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy premium?
The renewal premium depends significantly on the IDV besides NCB and add-on covers. However, the higher the IDV, the higher the premium.
4. How can you renew the expired Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy?
You can renew the expired policy by paying the premium online on Reliance’s portal or through its “Selfi” App. Make sure to renew within 90 days of the expiry date to prevent the policy from getting lapsed.
5. How long does the Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy remain valid?
The Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy comes with a validity of one year, which you must renew before its expiry.
1. What is the coverage limit for third-party property damage under the Reliance third-party car insurance policy?
The policy’s financial compensation limit for third-party property damage is INR 7.5 lakh.
2. Who determines the compensation for third-party bodily harm and demise involving the insured car?
The court of law determines the compensation quantum under the third-party car policy for the following:
- Bodily injury or demise of the third party.
- Permanent disability of the third party.
3. Can you extend the coverage of Reliance Car Third-party insurance?
No, you cannot extend the coverage of third-party Reliance car insurance. However, you can purchase the comprehensive policy for extensive protection.
4. Can you choose the long term policy for Reliance third-party car insurance?
Yes, you can choose a long-term three-year policy at Reliance General Insurance.
5. When should you ideally renew Reliance Car Third-party insurance?
To enjoy uninterrupted coverage, you must renew the Reliance third-party car insurance policy on or a few days before the expiry date.
1. How does Reliance General Insurance determine the applicable depreciation rates in car insurance?
Car insurers must adhere to the depreciation rates fixed by the IRDAI. Accordingly, Reliance applies the rates while settling the claim amount of policyholders. The eventual amount would come less than claimed. However, with a zero depreciation add-on cover, you can get the full claim amount.
2. How often can you claim under the Reliance car insurance zero depreciation add-on?
You can claim zero depreciation cover of Reliance car insurance twice during the policy term.
3. Which parts does the Reliance Car insurance zero-dep cover?
The Reliance car insurance zero depreciation add-on covers all the parts except tires and tubes.
4. Can you purchase other add-on covers under Reliance car insurance zero depreciation policy?
Yes, you can buy as many offered add-on covers, depending on your risk perceptions and budget. However, remember that you can purchase add-on covers with the comprehensive or standalone car insurance policies for an additional cost.
5. Do you pay the cost of the Reliance Car insurance zero-dep add-on cover while purchasing or renewing?
Reliance quotes the premium (including that of zero depreciation add-on) to its policyholders willing to purchase or renew such covers.
1. How does the no claim bonus impact the Reliance standalone car insurance premium?
No claim bonus entitles you to a discount while renewing the Reliance standalone car insurance policy. The bonus is available only when you don’t claim in a policy year. The premium discounts can range from 20-50%.
2. When is the ideal time to renew the Reliance standalone car insurance?
Renew the Reliance standalone car insurance ideally before the end of the policy term to enjoy uninterrupted coverage. However, you get a grace period of 90 days from the expiry date to restore the coverage benefits.
3. What is the voluntary deductible in the Reliance standalone car insurance policy?
It is the share of the claim amount the policyholder pays for every claim settlement. Accordingly, a higher voluntary deductible entitles you to a discount on the renewal premium.
4. Can you customize the IDV while renewing the Reliance standalone Car Insurance policy?
Yes, you can customize the IDV to fix the claim limits of the insured car. However, remember that the higher the IDV, the higher the premium.
5. What are the two add-on packages offered under the Reliance standalone car insurance policy?
You can choose the Motor Secure Plus and the Motor Secure Premium add-on covers in a package to augment the standard Reliance standalone car insurance coverage.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Buying a car insurance policy requires thorough research about different insurance and inclusions. Read on to ...Read More
Do you have an old car but don't know if you should get comprehensive insurance? Check out this guide to know ...Read More
To avoid financial constraints, if your car gets stolen, you must invest in the right kind of policy that can ...Read More
Planning to buy a Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance and are not sure what it entails? Read on to know more.Read More
Thinking of purchasing a vehicle insurance policy from Universal Sompo car insurance? Keep reading this exhaus...Read More
The Indian consumer remains spoilt for choice regarding car insurance options. However, a few things to keep i...Read More
Third-party insurance policy offers protection from financial liabilities that may come your way if your car a...Read More