Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. How many add-on covers does the Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Company offer?
The Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policy offers the following add-on covers:
- Depreciation Waiver Cover
- Windshield Glass Cover
- Voluntary Deductible Cover
- Full Invoice Price Insurance Cover
- Loss of Baggage Cover
- Spare Car Clause
- NCB Protector
- Key Replacement Cover
- Tyre Cover
- Lifetime Road Tax Clause
- Aggravation Cover Clause
- Enhanced PA Cover
- Vehicle Replacement Value Plus Clause
2. What is the incurred claim ratio of the Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Company?
The incurred claim ratio of the Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Company Limited is 89%
3. How can I check my Royal Sundaram Car Claim status online?
Customers need to get in touch with the insurance provider to get details about the car claim status:
- By SMS <MOTORCLAIM> to 567675
- Through mobile application m-Chatra
- By visiting the nearest branch office
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contacting via toll-free number at 1860 258 0000 or 1860 425 0000
4. How can I download my Royal Sundaram Car Policy Document Online?
All the services are offered by the customer services team. Customers need to contact the team over phone, email or live chat and request for a copy of the policy document. The team shall send the same on your registered email ID
5. How long does the Royal Sundaram Company Limited take to process and settle car insurance claims?
The claim settlement process of Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited is swift. Once all the documents are received the company processes the claim at the earliest.
6. Does the Royal Sundaram Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, the company does not provide pay-as-you-drive car insurance.
1. What is the online process for Royal Sundaram car insurance renewal?
- Visit the official website of Royal Sundaram vehicle insurance and go to the 'insta renew' link.
- Enter your policy number and other details.
- You will get to see Royal Sundaram car insurance renewal quotes.
- Choose the quote you feel is good for you and pay the renewal premium via net banking, UPI, debit card or credit card.
2. Do the third-party and comprehensive car insurance policies of Royal Sundaram have distinct renewal processes?
No, both types of insurance plans can be renewed through the company's official website's same portal. The difference is in the renewal fees.
3. How do I keep track of all my Royal Sundaram car insurance renewal transactions?
Enter your login ID and password on the Royal Sundaram login screen. The next page will show all your transaction information.
4. What documents are needed to renew a Royal Sundaram automobile insurance policy online?
There is no paperwork involved in renewing a Royal Sundaram vehicle insurance policy online. You only need to enter your existing policy's policy number and expiration date.
5. Can I renew my Royal Sundaram car insurance policy offline?
Yes, you can do so by visiting the nearest branch of Royal Sundaram and pay the renewal premium in cash, cheque or demand draft. Royal Sundaram may deny accepting cash for renewals. In that case, you can renew via cheque or demand draft.
1. What are the documents required for Royal Sundaram car insurance claim?
Below are the documents to have when filing a Royal Sundaram car insurance claim.
- Insurance policy paperwork.
- A claim form that has been completed and signed.
- A photocopy of your PAN card (if the claim amount is more than Rs. 1 lakh).
- A self-attested photocopy of the vehicle's RC.
- A self-attested photocopy of the driver's licence at the time of the accident.
- FIR in case the third person is killed or seriously injured, and the car is stolen.
2. What is the toll-free number for the Royal Sundaram car insurance claim?
1860 425 0000 is that toll-free number you can dial to raise a Royal Sundaram car insurance claim. However, the number can be changed afterward. So, you should cross-check it by referring to the Royal Sundaram’s official website before dialing for a claim.
3. For which can I raise a Royal Sundaram car insurance claim?
It will depend on the type of Royal Sundaram car insurance policy you purchase. Purchasing a limited third-party cover only will make you eligible for third-party claims online. Whereas a standalone policy of the insurance company grants you to file a claim for own and vehicle damages caused by an accident, theft, or natural or man-made disasters. Royal Sundaram comprehensive car insurance policy is the best as it covers both third-party and own damage claims.
4. How is the Royal Sundaram car insurance claim settlement amount determined?
The amount of compensation granted in a claim settlement is determined by the IDV of your vehicle, the extent of damage/loss, and the type of coverage you purchased.
5. What does a surveyor do when you raise a car insurance claim with Royal Sundaram?
A surveyor is a person who inspects the damaged vehicle and ascertains your eligibility for a claim.
1. What does the Royal Sundaram car insurance policy document mean?
The Royal Sundaram car insurance policy document is a contract wherein the insurance company agrees to settle the eligible claim filed by the insured in the advent of an accident, natural or man-made disasters. It contains coverage details, the things included and excluded under the policy, terms and conditions, etc.
2. How to download the Royal Sundaram car insurance policy document?
- Go to the Royal Sundaram’s website and select 'customer service request' from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to ‘register your request online’.
- Before submitting your policy copy request, enter your name, mobile number, policy number, email, and text verification captcha. With that, you can obtain the Royal Sundaram car insurance policy document. You can print the same and keep it as a hard copy.
3. Can I access Royal Sundaram car insurance policy document through E-Vahan Bima service?
Yes, you can access your Royal Sundaram car insurance policy document through E-Vahan Bima service by entering your personal and vehicle details.
4. Is Royal Sundaram car insurance download policy possible on the company’s website?
Yes, you can do so by mentioning a few personal, vehicle and insurance-related details.
5. Is Royal Sundaram car insurance policy hard copy necessary?
No, it’s not necessary to have the hard copy of Royal Sundaram car insurance. You can show the soft copy saved on your mobile to the traffic police as and when it asks you to submit the same.
Add On Covers
1. Which Royal Sundaram car insurance plans have add-on coverage?
Royal Sundaram car insurance add-on covers can be made available with the company’s comprehensive or standalone own damage policies.
2. How much do I need to pay to include the add-on coverage in my Royal Sundaram insurance policies?
Various add-on plans of Royal Sundaram car insurance are available at various rates. However, you need to pay for the add-on covers according to the costs mentioned in the policy document or Royal Sundaram's online portal.
3. Is it possible to get an add-on benefit for my third-party Royal Sundaram car insurance policy?
No, the add-on facility is not available for third-party insurance covers.
4. Is it required that a Royal Sundaram automobile insurance policy include an add-on cover?
No, adding an add-on cover to your auto insurance policy is not a requirement; rather, it is an optional benefit that may be used to extend the coverage of your policy.
5. How many additional coverages can I add to my Royal Sundaram car insurance policy at once?
There is no limit to the number of add-on covers you may include in your car insurance plan, and you can add as many as you like at a time.
1. What does Royal Sundaram comprehensive insurance provide compensation for?
Royal Sundaram comprehensive insurance provides compensation for all third-party liabilities. In addition, it offers compensation for damages to the policyholder.
2. What are the benefits of Royal Sundaram comprehensive insurance?
- Customer service
- Towing service
- Accidental coverage
- Quick & cashless claim settlement
3. What is the official website of Royal Sundaram insurance?
The official website for the same is www.royalsundaram.in.
4. Can I buy the Royal Sundaram comprehensive car policy offline?
Yes, you can purchase the policy offline as well.
1. What Is Covered Under Royal Sundaram Third Party Car Insurance?
- Third-party property damage coverage of up to 7.5 lakh.
- In the event the covered car causes bodily damage or death to a third party, the liability coverage is unlimited. A court of law determines the amount of compensation.
2. What Does Royal Sundaram third-party car insurance not cover?
- Damages to the insured car regardless of whether it happens due to an accident, natural or man-made disasters.
- Injuries or death of the vehicle owner.
- Theft of the vehicle.
3. What are the add-ons for Royal Sundaram third-party car insurance?
No add-on covers will be offered with the third-party liability policy.
4. Can I apply for Royal Sundaram third-party car insurance online?
You can purchase the Royal Sundaram third-party car insurance policy online. Just visit the website of Royal Sundaram, go to car insurance and buy the third-party policy by paying its premium.
5. Do I need to renew my Royal Sundaram third-party car insurance policy?
Yes, you will need to keep renewing it on the specified date to make it valid under the law. Else be ready to pay a fine or face an imprisonment if you are caught with an expired Royal Sundaram car insurance policy on the road.
1. Is it possible to add a Royal Sundaram zero depreciation car insurance add-on cover to my existing third-party policy?
A zero depreciation cover cannot be added to a third-party car insurance policy.
2. A zero depreciation cover cannot be added to a third-party car insurance policy.
Yes, high-end car owners can purchase this Royal Sundaram zero depreciation car insurance add-on cover. Purchasing this cover will help them avoid greater expenses in the event of an accident owing to depreciation.
3. Is it possible to purchase a zero depreciation cover from Royal Sundaram for my car aged more than five years?
While most insurers don’t allow this, Royal Sundaram grants zero depreciation for cars aged up to 10 years. However, it may inspect vehicles aged beyond five years before granting the add-on cover.
4. Is fiberglass depreciation covered under Royal Sundaram zero depreciation car insurance?
Is fiberglass depreciation covered under Royal Sundaram zero depreciation car insurance?
5. Can I buy Royal Sundaram zero depreciation car insurance online?
You can apply for Royal Sundaram zero depreciation car insurance online.
1. Does Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance cover third-party claims ?
No, it does not cover third-party claims. Only the damage caused to you and your vehicle by accidents, man-made or natural disasters will get covered.
2. What are the benefits of Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance?
It offers coverage for damages caused to you and your vehicle. Besides, you can buy the Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance policy online in a few clicks. You can even renew the policy easily. Besides, value-added features such as no claim bonus only makes your experience with Royal Sundaram better. If you want to supplement your standalone car insurance policy, you can choose from a variety of add-on covers such as zero depreciation, full invoice price recovery, engine protection, etc.
3. How much is the Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance premium?
The premium will depend on the insured declared value (IDV) of the car, its age, location, engine type, etc. Add-ons, if you opt for, will also influence your Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance premium.
4. How can I renew my Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance policy?
Yes, you can renew your standalone car insurance policy of Royal Sundaram online or offline. For online renewals, you need to visit the website of Royal Sundaram, enter a few personal and vehicle-related details, and pay the required premium using the online modes. Alternatively, you can visit the local branch office of Royal Sundaram to renew the policy. Pay the premium in cash, cheque or demand draft.
5. Can I buy Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance online?
Yes, you can do so on the official website of Royal Sundaram or via aggregators tied up with the insurance company.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Buying a car insurance policy requires thorough research about different insurance and inclusions. Read on to ...Read More
Do you have an old car but don't know if you should get comprehensive insurance? Check out this guide to know ...Read More
To avoid financial constraints, if your car gets stolen, you must invest in the right kind of policy that can ...Read More
Planning to buy a Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance and are not sure what it entails? Read on to know more.Read More
Thinking of purchasing a vehicle insurance policy from Universal Sompo car insurance? Keep reading this exhaus...Read More
The Indian consumer remains spoilt for choice regarding car insurance options. However, a few things to keep i...Read More
Third-party insurance policy offers protection from financial liabilities that may come your way if your car a...Read More