Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Renewal
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
In India, every vehicle owner must maintain an insurance policy for their four-wheelers as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. In addition, the Act makes it mandatory to obtain at least a third-party insurance to protect the third-party interest in case of accidents.
However, car insurance is of no use if it has expired at the time of the accident or claim submission. Hence, every vehicle owner must check whether the insurance policy is active or not.
If the owner finds out that the insurance policy is no longer in existence, he must apply for policy renewal. HDFC ERGO renews a car insurance policy hassle-free with just a few simple steps. Here, while obtaining the HDFC ERGO four-wheeler policy renewal, you are offered the option to add extra add-ons at the time of renewal. With over 4.4 customer ratings, HDFC ERGO four-wheeler insurance review is among the top insurance providers in India.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy Renewal - Online Process
You can opt for HDFC ERGO four-wheeler insurance renewal online by following these below simple steps-
- You need to visit the official website of HDFC ERGO and navigate yourself to “Car Insurance.” Once you reach there, you must open the “Renew” app.
- Then, you need to enter your policy number in this tab.
- You can also choose to go with your registered mobile number or email ID.
- Once you provide the details, you will get the various add-on covers to choose from. These add-ons are designed explicitly for the enhancement of your renewal policy.
- Choose the add-on that you find suitable for your car.
- Once you submit the details, you will see the premium details displayed on your screen.
- You need to pay the premium via online banking or credit card.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy Renewal - Offline Process
If the vehicle owner is not well versed with the online process of renewal, they can choose the offline method for their four-wheeler insurance renewal HDFC ERGO. You need to follow the below steps-
- Visit your nearest branch of HDFC ERGO.
- Ask for the details required for your car insurance renewal.
- You will need to provide your policy details.
- Submit your details, such as – your registered mobile number and registered email ID.
- Once the inspection of the papers is done, the insurance agent will require you to choose add-ons if you want any.
- You may select the add-ons even if you did not have them in your original policy.
- After the procedure, you must pay the premium for your HDFC ERGO car renewal.
HDFC ERGO four-wheeler renewal can be quickly done by those who don’t want to go online or know less about the technology.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Renewal Benefits
Only fulfilling the mandatory requirements of the law for buying car insurance is not the only reason for HDFC four-wheeler insurance renewal. There are many other benefits to HDFC ERGO four-wheeler insurance renewal, such as-
- The insurance renewal helps the vehicle owner get a cover for injuries and damages that happened to the car.
- The most beneficial point about HDFC ERGO car insurance renewal is that it protects you against any legal repercussions in case of bodily injuries to the third party and property damage.
- In the case of claim-free years, you can benefit from a discount for the premium payable on renewal.
- Unlike the offline procedure, you don’t need to wait for the insurance agent to process the complete renewal.
- The online car insurance renewal procedure does not require paperwork to be done. As a result, you save a lot of time and costs on documentation.
- 24/7 customer online support.
- You need high repair costs if you do not have an active car insurance policy. Therefore, it is necessary to obtain an HDFC ERGO 4-wheeler insurance renewal.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Renewal FAQs
1. When should I obtain my HDFC ERGO four-wheeler renewal?
You should obtain your HDFC ERGO renewal two-wheeler 45 or 60 days before your HDFC ERGO car insurance expiry. You may also choose auto-renewal.
2. What documents are required at the time of HDFC ERGO insurance renewal car?
You must submit the below list of documents at the time of renewal-
- Identity proof issued by the government such as PAN, aadhar, passport, or voter ID card
- Valid driving licence
- Address proof- passport or bank passbook
- Latest passport-sized photographs
- Vehicle RC details
- Pollution under control (PUC) certificate
- Old policy number
- In the case of online banking- credit/debit card details
3. When will my HDFC ERGO car insurance renewal start getting covered?
The coverage will start from the date of payment.
4. What happens if I don’t renew my car insurance policy?
You will need to bear all the expenses related to accidental damages, and as a consequence, you may need to bear substantial financial losses.
5. You will need to bear all the expenses related to accidental damages, and as a consequence, you may need to bear substantial financial losses.
You may contact HDFC ERGO customer care or check your policy document. You can also fill your registered number and email ID in place of the policy number to proceed.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More