Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Kotak Car Insurance Highlights
Kotak General Insurance, a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd., offers a wide range of non-life insurance products such as vehicle insurance, health insurance, etc, to tap into the emerging protection needs. Its strong management practices and a team of experienced professionals have allowed it to insure 45 lakh+ customers till September 2021.
Claim Settlement Ratio
1. When am I supposed to do Kotak Mahindra car insurance renewal?
Kotak Mahindra car insurance renewal is typically done every year. But the insurance company could offer you long-term policies too. Based on the policy term you get, the renewal date will be decided by Kotak.
2. What exactly is an endorsement in Kotak Mahindra car insurance policy?
Let's imagine you want to add a few extra coverages to your current car policy or make some adjustments to it. You will be required to sign an endorsement in such circumstances. The endorsement acts as written documentation of an agreed-upon modification in your Kotak car insurance policy conditions.
3. My Kotak car insurance has already run out. Is NCB still available to me?
Even after your Kotak car policy has expired, you will have access to NCB protection and practically all additional advantages. You will have 90 days to renew your policy to keep your NCB intact. Your policy will become void if you don't do so within that time.
4. Is it necessary for me to pay for Kotak Mahindra roadside assistance add-on ?
You must pay an additional cost for roadside assistance when adding this to your policy. The same needs to be paid for when getting your Kotak Mahindra car insurance renewal done for your existing insurance.
5. I have a habit of forgetting to renew my Kotak car insurance; is it possible to receive reminders?
Yes, Kotak Mahindra recognizes the pressures of a hectic lifestyle and intimates you about renewal a few days before the date of renewal. You can thus do Kotak Mahindra car insurance renewal taking note of the SMS or email reminders from the insurance company. You can renew your Kotak car insurance policy online or by going to its nearest branch office.
1. What is Kotak Mahindra vehicle insurance's cashless facility?
The policyholder can get free car maintenance services under the cashless provision of Kotak Mahindra four wheeler insurance by just paying the depreciation and deductible. Cashless services are only available at an insurance company's network garage, where the Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim can be settled directly with the garage directly. You don’t need to make any upfront payment
2. Is it possible to file a Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim online?
Yes, you can file a claim online using Kotak General Insurance's official website. Select the 'motor insurance claim' option from the 'claim' tab on the website. To file a Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim online, scroll down and click on the 'register' option.
3. What is the average time taken for a Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim to be processed?
Kotak immediately commences payment after all processes have been completed. However, the Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim reimbursement can take up to 7 days.
4. What if my towing costs are more than Rs 1,500?
If you don't have roadside assistance, Kotak General will refund towing costs up to Rs 1,500. Any amount above that is the policyholder's responsibility.
5. How much compensation would I get from Kotak in the event of an accident?
If the insured's car is damaged due to an accident, the insurer provides the insured’s declared value (IDV) after depreciation and deductible.
1. What exactly is the Kotak car insurance policy document?
A Kotak Mahindra car insurance policy download document is an insurance proposal form containing detailed information about the car insurance policy components such as plan inclusions, exclusions, policy tenure, etc.
2. How can I obtain a copy of my lost or misplaced Kotak car insurance policy?
If you lose or misplace your Kotak Mahindra car insurance policy document, contact the customer care executive at 1800-266-4545 and ask him/her to assist you in procuring a duplicate car insurance policy.
3. With my policy number, how can I obtain my Kotak Mahindra car insurance policy document online?
Simply go to the official website of Kotak General Insurance and enter your login information such as your email address and password. Then, input information like your policy number, registered email address, before clicking on 'get OTP.' Now, enter the OTP to gain access to all information about your policy document.
4. How to make changes to my Kotak car insurance policy document?
To make modifications to the policy document, simply call the Kotak general customer care helpline by dialing the toll-free number and ask the executive to make the necessary changes. So, if you have erred in your personal and car insurance-related information, you can inform the executive about the same and get the rectifications done.
5. Why is a Kotak car insurance policy document necessary to have?
A Kotak car insurance policy document is necessary to drive without any legal hassles. The police might stop you on the road but won’t penalize you if you show your policy document. Car owners with numerous fines imposed against their vehicles may find it difficult to get their insurance claims approved by Kotak General Insurance. The reason is simple - it shows your negligence and law-breaking attitude.
Add On Covers
1. How many car insurance add-on covers does Kotak provide?
Zero depreciation cover, consumables cover, engine protect, return to iInvoice, roadside assistance cover, key replacement cover, tire cover, personal belongings cover, and NCB protect are some of the Kotak Mahindra car insurance add-on covers offered.
2. Will choosing Kotak Mahindra car insurance add-on covers cost me additional money?
Yes, in addition to your base insurance payment, you will have to pay an additional cost for the Kotak Mahindra car insurance add-on you choose.
3. Is adding an add-on cover to a Kotak car insurance policy required?
It is not necessary to have Kotak Mahindra car insurance add-on protection over the base policy of the insurance company.. It's an add-on benefit that you can employ to boost your car insurance coverage scope.
4. When will the Kotak vehicle insurance add-on policies be available?
The Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance add-on covers can be purchased at the time of policy purchase or renewal.
5. How many Kotak car insurance add-ons can I buy at once?
The number of Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance add-on covers available is limitless. You can add as much add-on coverage to your car insurance policy as you like.
1. How to claim a Kotak Mahindra comprehensive insurance after an accident?
Contact the Kotak Mahindra car insurance company and settle your claim. Cashless claim settlement is also available. Do not start any repairing work before the inspection starts.
2. How much cover does the Kotak Mahindra car comprehensive insurance policy provide in case of a third-party property damage?
In such cases, Kotak provides up to INR 7.5 lakhs under its comprehensive car insurance coverage.
3. Will the policyholder be covered for bodily injuries if they were seated in the passenger’s seat during the accident?
Yes, any injured passenger will be covered under this policy, whether the owner, paid driver, or anyone sitting inside the car.
4. What are some purchasable add-ons with the Kotak Mahindra comprehensive car insurance policy?
You can purchase add-ons like tyre cover, engine protection, key replacement, roadside assistance, consumable covers, etc.
5. What is a No Claim Bonus in comprehensive car insurance?
It is like an additional benefit. You could avail of an NCB if the previous year were claim-free.
1. How can I buy Kotak Mahindra third-party liability insurance?
It is simple to obtain Kotak Mahindra third-party liability insurance. You may either buy online or visit a branch office.
2. How can I get in touch with Kotak General Insurance if I have any questions concerning third-party policy?
If you have any questions, please call the toll-free number 1800-266-4545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What is the duration of my Kotak Mahindra third-party cover insurance?
The duration of a car insurance policy determines its validity. The policy duration for new automobile owners must be at least 3 years.
4. What is the maximum benefit available for third-party property damage?
Compensation of up to INR 7.5 lakh is given for damage to a third party's property.
1. I have chosen the 0% depreciation option of Kotak Mahindra car insurance. Will I have to pay anything while the claim is being resolved?
The depreciation cost of the replaced parts is covered by the Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation add-on policy. The policyholder is responsible for the mandatory deductible and the voluntary deductible (if chosen).
2. How much does the Kotak Mahinda zero depreciation add-on cover cost?
The insured declared value (IDV) of the vehicle determines the cost of the Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation add-on policy. It is proportionate to the IDV, so a larger IDV means a bigger zero depreciation premium and vice versa.
3. How can I add zero depreciation coverage to my Kotak car insurance policy?
By visiting the Kotak vehicle insurance website or calling their toll-free number, you may add the Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation car insurance cover to your policy.
4. Should I renew my Kotak auto insurance plan with zero depreciation coverage?
Yes, you should renew your Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation coverage every time you renew your Kotak comprehensive vehicle insurance policy. By renewing zero depreciation, you protect yourself against the massive rate of depreciation applicable to old cars.
5. I have a third-party Kotak car insurance policy. Can I add a zero depreciation cover to this policy?
You can get Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation car insurance add-on coverage if you have a comprehensive package policy or a standalone own damage policy.
1. Is comprehensive insurance the same as own damage insurance of Kotak Mahindra?
No, they are not the same. Comprehensive insurance covers both own and third-party damage, whereas Kotak Mahindra standalone car insurance covers damage or loss to the car and the insured.
2. What is the Kotak standalone own damage policy?
You may simply safeguard your own car from damage or loss caused by theft, accident, or any other misfortune with the aid of Kotak Mahindra standalone car insurance protection.
3. Is it necessary to have Kotak Mahindra standalone own damage car insurance in India?
No, the law does not require you to purchase Kotak Mahindra standalone car insurance. However, according to the Indian Motor Tariff Act, all cars operating on India's public roadways must have at least third-party liability insurance.
4. Who can purchase Kotak Mahindra standalone own damage insurance?
Kotak Mahindra standalone car insurance can be purchased by any policyholder who has a valid third-party car insurance policy.
5. What is the difference between Kotak Mahindra’s third-party liability insurance and own damage insurance?
Kotak Mahindra standalone car insurance protects policyholders against damage or loss to their own vehicles as a result of an accident, mishap, theft, or other occurrences. Third-party liability insurance, on the other hand, protects third-party property or people in the event of an accident or other catastrophe involving the covered vehicle.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More