Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Reliance Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
National standalone car insurance is a way to safeguard your own interest in the event of an accident. Both your injury and damaged vehicle in case of accidents, man-made or natural disasters will get covered under National car insurance policy. Given the tall medical and vehicle repair costs, having a National standalone car insurance policy makes sense. But you will need to buy a third-party liability cover too to be able to ride the car without any legal obstacle. Let’s talk more about National standalone car insurance.
How does National Standalone Car Insurance Work?
A standalone policy is also known as an own damage insurance policy. As the name suggests, the National standalone car insurance policy covers the policyholder in case of an accident or other unforeseen events mentioned above. The plan covers all kinds of expenses incurred by the policyholders and their vehicles. This policy helps the policyholders to have peace of mind regarding their own security if they face a mishap on the road.
National Standalone Car Insurance vs Third-Party Insurance vs Comprehensive Insurance
|Basis||Standalone Car Insurance||Third-Party Car Insurance||Comprehensive Car Insurance|
|Coverage||A standalone car insurance policy covers only the policyholder's own damages in the event of an accident.||A third-party car insurance policy covers only third-party damages in the event of an accident.||A comprehensive car insurance policy covers both third-party and own damages.|
|Add-Ons||There is an option to buy add-ons on top of a standalone car insurance policy.||You cannot buy add-ons on top of a third-party car insurance policy.||There is an option to buy add-ons on top of a comprehensive car insurance policy.|
|Cost-Effectiveness||The standalone plan is cost-effective as it only covers its own damages.||The third-party plan is comparatively cheaper as it provides minimal coverage.||The comprehensive plan is the most expensive of the three as it offers extensive coverage.|
|Nature||It is not mandatory to be bought by vehicle owners.||It is mandatory to be bought by vehicle owners.||It is not compulsory to be bought by vehicle owners.|
What All is Covered Under National Standalone Car Insurance Plan?
The National standalone car insurance plan covers the following damages:
- Damages incurred by the policyholder's vehicle in the event of an accident.
- Damages due to fire or explosion.
- Damages due to theft or vandalism.
- Damages due to manmade disasters.
- Damages due to natural disasters such as earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, etc.
- Injuries sustained by the policyholder in an accident.
- Total constructive loss of the vehicle.
What All is not Covered Under National Standalone Car Insurance?
The National standalone car insurance plan does not cover the following damages:
- In addition, the standalone policy does not cover third-party damage expenses.
- Damages due to an expired licence.
- Damages due to drunk driving.
- Damages due to an expired insurance policy.
- Damages due to electrical or mechanical breakdowns.
- Regular wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Damages due to using a private car for commercial purposes.
- Damages incurred outside the prescribed geographical region.
- Damages due to illegal driving.
National Standalone Car Insurance Benefits
The National standalone car insurance plan has the following benefits:
- First, a National standalone car insurance plan protects policyholders against their own damages.
- The company has a simple buying process.
- Renewals can be done online with ease.
- Claim settlement is straightforward and can be done through an app or an online portal.
- Cashless claims can also be settled quickly online.
- The company provides add-on options to be bought with the plan.
National Standalone Car Insurance Review
The National standalone car insurance policy is an excellent addition to the base cover of the policyholder. This policy is available to be bought over a third-party car insurance plan. National Insurance Company provides prompt resolution of complaints and queries raised by the customers. You can contact the toll-free number to speak to a customer representative of the insurance provider. The company’s website can also present complete information regarding all the types of insurance products it offers.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
National Standalone Car Insurance FAQs
1. Can I buy National standalone car insurance on the company’s official website?
Yes, you can buy the standalone car insurance on the official website of National Insurance Company.
2. Can I buy the National standalone car insurance policy offline?
The National standalone car insurance policy can be bought offline by visiting the nearest office of the company.
3. Is no claim bonus available on the National standalone car insurance policy?
The National standalone car insurance policy has the facility of a no claim bonus for policyholders.
4. Can you customize the IDV while renewing the Reliance standalone Car Insurance policy?Does the claim settlement ratio of National Insurance Company include the cases settled for standalone car insurance policyholders?
National car insurance claim settlement ratio represents the entire claims settled under the company’s various policies, including its standalone variant.
5. Is a standalone car insurance policy affordable to purchase?
Yes, a standalone car insurance policy is affordable as compared to a comprehensive plan.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More