Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
ICICI Lombard allows its policyholders to file a car insurance claim by which they can get compensated for the damage or loss incurred by them due to an accident with their insured vehicles. This compensation by the insurance company is offered according to the coverage guaranteed to the insured under the insurance policy. You can raise an ICICI Lombard car insurance claim against damages incurred by your car in two ways. Each of these involves a certain documentation process. You can learn about them as you read further.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
Documents in the ICICI Lombard car insurance claim process play a significant role. Missing out on even a single document can cause your claim request to decline, so keep the below-mentioned documents handy while initiating a claim:
- ICICI Lombard car insurance claim form.
- Policy documents and premium receipts.
- A valid driving licence.
- Registration certificate.
- FIR copy if the car is stolen.
- NOC from financer (in case of theft and total loss).
- Report of the fire brigade if the car is damaged due to fire.
- Pictures of loss incurred by the vehicle.
- Indemnity bond (in case of theft).
- Bills of repairing and replacement parts of the car with a garage stamp.
- No trace report of the car from the police in case of a stolen vehicle.
- The entire set of keys and warranty cards in case of theft.
How to Make ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Claim Online?
Claim process of ICICI Lombard is very short and swift. One can initiate the car insurance claim ICICI Lombard online by following a few simple steps.
- Contact ICICI Lombard on their official website.
- Fill in a form for claim settlement with all the information such as accident time, place, damage estimation, etc.
- Or call their customer support at their toll-free number and inform them about the accident and provide all the relevant details.
- An inspector from the ICICI Lombard will inspect the damages suffered by your car.
- Provide all the requested documents to the inspector.
- The claim amount will then be communicated and paid subsequently to the workshop.
Initiating the ICICI Lombard claim settlement process is done in two ways - cashless claim settlement and reimbursement claim settlement.
How to Make ICICI Lombard Cashless Car Insurance Claim?
The claim process of ICICI Lombard car insurance is very shortly and swiftly formulated. Check out the below steps to be followed:
- After you initiate the claim by informing ICICI Lombard about the accident, either by registering online on its website or the toll-free helpline number, the company sends the inspector to inspect the damage sustained by the car before it proceeds to the network garage.
- You can check ICICI Lombard car insurance claim status on the website of the insurer.
- Then, get your car repaired easily at ICICI Lombard network workshop.
- Pick your repaired car from the garage by paying the compulsory and voluntary deductibles.
- The approved claim amount will be directly paid to the concerned workshop.
How to Make ICICI Lombard Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim?
You can register a reimbursement car insurance claim with ICICI Lombard if you couldn’t find a network workshop nearby or if you wish to repair your car at the garage of your preference. A reimbursement claim makes you get the compensation amount for your repair expenses. The reimbursement claim process for ICICI Lombard has been discussed below:
- As you initiate the claim by informing ICICI Lombard insurance about the accident either through registering online on its website or its toll-free helpline number, the company sends the inspector to inspect the damage sustained by the car before it is moved to the garage.
- File an FIR if required.
- You can check ICICI Lombard car insurance claim status by logging in to the company website.
- Then, get your car repaired easily at any of your preferences.
- Pick your repaired car from the garage after paying for the repairing and replacement of parts.
- Submit ICICI Lombard all the original bills for repairing and replacing your car parts with the concerned workshop.
- As your bills get verified, the insurance company will immediately initiate the claim settlement, and the approved claim amount will be paid to you.
Common ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
ICICI Lombard car insurance claim initiated by the policyholder can be rejected in the following cases:
- Expired policy.
- Car sent to the workshop for repairing without informing the insurer.
- No proof of an accident.
- Wrong information.
- If you have modified the car.
- No driving licence.
- Driver under the influence of intoxicants.
ICICI Lombard No Claim Bonus
No claim bonus (NCB) is a discount offered by ICICI Lombard to the insured in the form of a reward if not a single claim is raised during an insurance period. It is important to lessen the premium at the time of renewal of the car insurance policy.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Claim FAQs
1. What is the ICICI Lombard car insurance claim settlement ratio?
The ICICI Lombard car insurance claim settlement ratio is 97.9% for FY 2020-21 as per its website.
2. Who decides the ICICI Lombard claim amount in case of third-party liabilities?
The ICICI Lombard claim amount in case of third party liabilities is evaluated by the court of law.
3. Is ICICI Lombard car insurance claim applicable if a car gets damaged in riots?
It totally depends on what kind of car Insurance policy you have purchased. A comprehensive or standalone car insurance by ICICI Lombard covers the damage due to riots. But the same won’t be available if you only have a third-party liability cover.
4. Are there any deductibles that an insured has to pay during ICICI Lombard claim settlement?
Yes, during ICICI Lombard car insurance claim settlement, insured has to pay compulsory deductibles.
5. Is it necessary to file an FIR when making an ICICI Lombard car insurance claim in case of theft?
If your car is stolen, a copy of the police FIR is to be provided by the policyholder while claiming.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More