Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Royal Sundaram Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Highlights
"Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited (formerly known as Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited), is the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed in October 2000 by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. The company was initially promoted as a joint venture by Sundaram Finance, one of the most respected non-banking financial institutions (NBFCs) in India and other Indian Shareholders. Royal Sundaram has been providing innovative general insurance solutions to individuals, families and businesses directly as well as through its intermediaries and affinity partners. The company offers Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Home and Travel Insurance to individual customers and offers specialized insurance products in fire, marine, engineering, liability and business interruption risks to commercial customers. Royal Sundaram also offers specially designed products to the small and medium enterprises and rural customers as well. The company is a pioneer in bancassurance in India, having long-standing tie-ups with reputed banks and NBFCs."
Claim Settlement Ratio
Provides zero dep till 10 years of age of car (up to 5 years if there’s any break-in in the policy , for non break in up to 10 Years) -Free pickup and drop (if opt for TRS, Trusted Repair Shop)
- Provides zero dep till 10 years of age of car (up to 5 years if there’s any break-in in the policy , for non break in up to 10 Years) -Free pickup and drop (if opt for TRS, Trusted Repair Shop)
24*7 Road Assistance (radius - 25 km from breakdown) - Consumables
- 24*7 Road Assistance (radius - 25 km from breakdown) - Consumables
The term "standalone own damage" (OD) refers to an injury to your own body or your car The OD part of your insurance indicates that it will cover the expense of car repairs and your medical treatment. You can buy Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance policy to get all these coverage benefits. In the event of an accident, this Royal Sundaram car insurance coverage will compensate the policyholders for their own-damage costs. Furthermore, the coverage will pay out in a variety of events, including theft, car accidents, vandalism, fire or explosions, and natural and man-made disasters. Unlike third-party insurance, own-damage coverage is not required. This cover, however, is recommended because it provides superior protection for your vehicle. Let’s check more about Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance.
Royal Sundaram Standalone Car Insurance vs Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
|Fundamentals||Standalone Car Insurance||Third-Party Car Insurance||Comprehensive Car Insurance|
|Coverage||In the event of a mishap, own-damage coverage compensates just for expenditures related to the insured vehicle and the policyholder’s injury or death. Furthermore, this protection is offered for a wide range of circumstances, including fires and car accidents, among others.||The most basic insurance coverage is third-party insurance. Only third-party liabilities, such as bodily injury, death, and property damage, are covered.||Comprehensive car insurance covers the entire vehicle. It offers a single premium that covers both third-party liability and own-damage costs. Furthermore, because this is available for a single fee, it is a convenient alternative for customers.|
|Add-ons||With own-damage covers, add-on covers are available.||Third-party car insurance does not include add-on coverage.||With comprehensive insurance plans, add-on coverage is available.|
|Cost||Because standalone own-damage insurance provides more coverage than third-party insurance, the former is costlier than the latter.||Third-party insurance is the most basic and thus the least expensive sort of car insurance available.||Comprehensive insurance plans provide the most comprehensive coverage, but they are also the most expensive. However, the cost includes both third-party and own-damage responsibilities.|
How to Get Royal Sundaram Standalone Car Insurance?
Steps to get Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance.
- Step 1 - Select the 'car insurance' tab on the official website of Royal Sundaram.
- Step - Provide your vehicle's registration number and mobile number in their respective fields.
- Step 3 - Click on ‘get quote’ after entering your personal information.
- Step 4 - The screen will provide various insurance plans, including a standalone own damage plan, and their rates.
- Step 5 - After you pay for your Royal Sundaram solo own-damage insurance policy, the policy copy will be emailed to your registered email address.
What All is Covered Under Royal Sundaram Standalone Car Insurance?
Things covered under Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance include:
- Accidents on the road resulting in vehicle damage.
- Explosions or fires that cause damage to the vehicle
- The car has been completely lost or stolen.
- Damage due to natural or man-made disasters such as floods, riots, strikes, earthquake, etc.
What All is not Covered Under Royal Sundaram Standalone Car Insurance?
Things not covered under Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance include:
- If the vehicle fails due to an electrical or mechanical failure.
- If there is any sort of mishap involving illegal driving.
- Depreciation as a result of normal wear and tear.
- Any accident that occurs outside of India's territorial limits.
Royal Sundaram Standalone Car Insurance Benefits
Following are the benefits of Royal Sundaram Standalone Car Insurance:
- In a variety of conditions, it provides a layer of security for the car as well as financial stability for the policyholder in times of crisis.
- Every claim-free year qualifies the policyholder for a no claim bonus. Furthermore, the five consecutive claim-free years will elevate the bonus to 50%.
- The car insurance holder can purchase the add-on coverage to supplement the normal automobile insurance policy.
Royal Sundaram Standalone Car Insurance Review
The Royal Sundaram standalone auto insurance policy may be appropriate if you are seeking a policy for your vehicle. This policy protects your own vehicle in the event of a disaster. Both buying and renewal procedures for Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance are made easy. You can also register a claim online on the company's official website.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram Standalone Car Insurance FAQs
1. Does Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance cover third-party claims ?
No, it does not cover third-party claims. Only the damage caused to you and your vehicle by accidents, man-made or natural disasters will get covered.
2. What are the benefits of Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance?
It offers coverage for damages caused to you and your vehicle. Besides, you can buy the Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance policy online in a few clicks. You can even renew the policy easily. Besides, value-added features such as no claim bonus only makes your experience with Royal Sundaram better. If you want to supplement your standalone car insurance policy, you can choose from a variety of add-on covers such as zero depreciation, full invoice price recovery, engine protection, etc.
3. How much is the Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance premium?
The premium will depend on the insured declared value (IDV) of the car, its age, location, engine type, etc. Add-ons, if you opt for, will also influence your Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance premium.
4. How can I renew my Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance policy?
Yes, you can renew your standalone car insurance policy of Royal Sundaram online or offline. For online renewals, you need to visit the website of Royal Sundaram, enter a few personal and vehicle-related details, and pay the required premium using the online modes. Alternatively, you can visit the local branch office of Royal Sundaram to renew the policy. Pay the premium in cash, cheque or demand draft.
5. Can I buy Royal Sundaram standalone car insurance online?
Yes, you can do so on the official website of Royal Sundaram or via aggregators tied up with the insurance company.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More