Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Digit Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. What is the incurred claim ratio of the Go Digit Car Insurance Company?
The incurred claim ratio of the Go Digit Car Insurance Company is 76%.
2. How can I check my Go Digit Car Claim status online?
To check the unclaimed amount status online, visit https://www.godigit.com/claims/document-upload
3. How can I download my Go Digit Car Policy Document Online?
Downloading the policy document online is very simple and can be done in two ways:
- Send an email to email@example.com and the insurance provider will send the policy document to your registered email address.
- You can register a request for a policy document through WhatsApp. Within 3 simple steps, you can receive the copy of the policy document on your mobile.
4. How long does the Go Digit Company Limited take to process and settle car insurance claims?
Once all the relevant paperwork is completed the insurance provider settles the car insurance claims in 7 to 10 working days.
5. Does the Go Digit Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, Pay-as-you-drive car insurance facility is not offered under the car insurance plan offered by Go Digit General Insurance Company.
1. Can I add in add-covers at the time of Digit car insurance policy renewal?
Yes, Digit car insurance allows customers to add in add-on covers at the time of policy renewal. You can opt for unlimited add-on covers to your insurance policy.
2. Is Digit car insurance premium changing on the basis of the place where we live?
Yes, where you live or RTO, where your vehicle is registered, can influence your insurance premiums. People living in the metropolitan area have to pay higher premiums as a higher number of threats are involved.
3. Can I check the status of my Digit car insurance renewal online?
Yes, you can quickly check your car insurance renewal status online by visiting the insurer's website or by visiting the RTO website.
4. How many days before I can put in an application for the Digit car insurance renewal?
You can renew your Digit car insurance policy a minimum of 45 days before the expiry of the existing policy.
5. What will happen if I do not renew my Digit car insurance policy?
If you do not renew your insurance policy even after the grace period, your policy will lapse.
1. What is the toll-free number for Digit car insurance claim?
To file an insurance claim, you can use the 24*7 response toll-free number of Digit car insurance 1800-258-5956. You can also file a claim by visiting Digit's official website.
2. Can I purchase Digit car insurance online?
Yes, you can easily purchase Digit four-wheeler insurance online.
3. What is the claim settlement ratio of Digit car insurance?
Digit car insurance claim settlement ratio is very high, with over 80.47% of claims settled so far.
4. How many days does it take for Digit car insurance claim to be settled?
Because of the high requests received by Digit car insurance, the claim settling procedure can take a little longer. However, you get financial assistance in time.
1. Can I check my Digit car insurance policy details online?
You can check your Digit car insurance policy status online by visiting the e-service VAHAN website. You need to feed in your registration details and enter the verification code that you receive on your registered number. After the authentication, you will get to see your policy details.
2. How will I receive my Digit car insurance customer ID?
Upon purchasing the Digit car insurance policy, you will get your insurance document online. On the first page of the document, your customer ID will be mentioned.
3. Do I get different policy numbers for more than one Digit car insurance policy?
Yes, you get varying insurance numbers for the different vehicle insurance policies. It is unique to the customer and used for authentication and registration purpose.
4. Can my Digit car insurance claim get rejected?
Yes, if you falsify the data on your insurance policy document, then your insurance claim can get rejected. Also, there will be legal repercussions against it.
Add On Covers
1. How can I include add-ons to my Digit car insurance policy?
You include add-ons at the time of buying your Digit car insurance policy. If you wish to buy add-ons after purchasing your policy, you can do so from Digit's official website.
2. Does Digit provide customers with pick up and drop service as an add-on?
Yes, after accidents, customers can avail of free pick-up and drop services from Digit. This is covered in the base Digit car insurance policy.
3. Do I need to provide additional documents to buy the Digit four wheeler add-on covers?
No, you do need to provide any additional documents to buy the Digit four wheeler add-on covers.
4. Is there any limit on the number of add-on covers we can add to the Digit car insurance policy?
No, there is no limit on the number of add-on covers that you can add to your insurance policy. These covers are only available to those who have purchased a comprehensive insurance policy. Customers are advised to add only those covers that might be useful for them.
1. What is the claim settlement ratio of Digit comprehensive four-wheeler insurance policy?
The claim settlement ratio of the Digit comprehensive four-wheeler insurance policy is 80.47%.
2. Can I choose my choice of garage to repair the damages incurred when claiming Digit comprehensive policy?
Digit comprehensive four-wheeler insurance policy offers policyholders a wide range of networks of garages to choose from. However, the policyholder can opt for the garage outside the Digit garage network. You will receive an advance for the repairs after the examination by the insurance provider.
3. What are the documents I need to submit to avail Digit comprehensive four-wheeler insurance policy?
You do not need to submit any additional documents for availing of the Digit comprehensive four-wheeler insurance policy.
4. Do I have to pay an additional amount to avail of Digit comprehensive four-wheeler insurance add-ons?
Yes, you do need to pay an additional amount for add-on while paying your base premium.
1. What is the claim settlement ratio of Digit third-party car insurance?
The claim settlement ratio of Digit third-party car insurance is 96% for privately owned vehicles.
2. Can I go for add-ons under Digit third-party car insurance?
No, under third-party car insurance, you cannot buy add-on covers.
3. How much amount is availed under Digit third-party car insurance as personal damages’ liabilities to the third party?
Under Digit third-party car insurance third party can claim unlimited liability.
4. Is it mandatory to produce FIR to claim third-party insurance?
Yes, it is mandatory to produce FIR or chargesheet to claim third-party insurance.
5. How the premium amount is determined in the third-party insurance?
RTO area and the engine capacity of the vehicle will determine the premium amount of the third-party insurance.
1. How many times during the insurance tenure of Digit car insurance zero depreciation add-on cover have I been allowed to make claim?
You can make twice for a zero depreciation claim throughout the tenure of your insurance policy.
2. Can I get the Digit car insurance zero depreciation add-on cover for the second-hand car?
Yes, you can get Digit car insurance zero depreciation add-on cover on the second-hand car only if the vehicle is below 5 years old.
3. Can I choose the claim in which I wish to use Digit car insurance zero depreciation add-on cover?
Yes, you get complete autonomy here. You can pay depreciation charges if you wish to at the time of claim settlement.
4. Are tyres covered in the zero depreciation add-on cover?
Tyres are not usually included in the zero depreciation add-on cover. However, it differs from insurer to insurer and the damage stood by the tyre.
5. Can I claim zero depreciation if I damage my own car?
Yes, you can claim zero depreciation if you damage your own car. However, the damage must be involuntary.
1. Can I purchase Digit standalone policy online?
Yes, you can purchase Digit standalone policy online by visiting the official website of the Digit General.
2. What add-on covers can I purchase with the Digit standalone car insurance policy?
Following are the add-on covers that you can purchase along with the Digit car insurance own damage cover:
- Zero deprecation cover
- Tyre protection cover
- Consumable cover
- Return to invoice cover
- Roadside assistance cover
- Engine and gearbox protection cover
- Passenger cover
3. How does Digit standalone car insurance work?
In India, you do not need standalone car insurance to drive the vehicle on the road. However, after purchasing your third-party insurance, which is mandatory under the act, you might need the insurance cover for your protection. In such scenarios, standalone insurance provides you financial cover without surrendering your third-party insurance or purchasing expensive comprehensive car insurance.
4. How is the premium amount for the standalone car insurance calculated?
Standalone car insurance premium is calculated by keeping the following things in mind:
- IDV (Insured Declared Value)
- Premium rates
- Add-on cover rate
If applicable, you also get an additional discount while calculating the insurance premium.
5. When can I claim Digit standalone insurance?
You need to raise the claim under standalone car insurance within 24 hours of the accident. However, the sooner you do it, the better it is to process for the insurer and get the benefits.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More