Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Reliance Car Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Reliance Car Insurance Highlights
Reliance General Insurance is one of the leading general insurance companies of India, incorporated in the year 2000. The company has over 139 offices and more than 28,900+ intermediaries across India.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Reimbursement within 7 working days for non cashless garages
- Reimbursement within 7 working days for non cashless garages
Available upto Rs 10,000
Available upto 50%
The first step in filing a Reliance car insurance claim is registration using the various options offered by the insurer. You can start the process by chatting with the 24x7 customer care toll-free number - 1800 3009 toll-free number. In addition, download the Reliance self-I app with several unique functionalities – instant claim intimation being one. You can start a live video call with its experts and track your registered claim status. For a hassle-free claim settlement experience, you must adhere to the intimation guidelines set by Reliance General Insurance.
Reliance Car insurance - List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
Flawless documentation is crucial for the claim settlement process. Your responsibility is to intimate a claim immediately after an incident at Reliance toll-free 1800 3009. In addition, keep the vehicle and accident-related data handy to file the Reliance car insurance claim.
Be ready with the required documents once intimated, depending on the reason for claiming. So, let us check them out.
- Accidental Damages
- Policy document or cover note copy as proof of insurance.
- Copy of the certificate showing the registration number and tax receipt.
- Driving license copy of the person driving the vehicle at the time of an accident.
- Police panchnama/FIR in the case of third-party damages
- Repair estimate of the surveyor or the garage where the vehicle gets repaired.
- Garage repair bills and payment receipts for cashless and reimbursement claims
- Claim discharge voucher signed across a revenue stamp.
- Documents Required When Claiming for Theft Cases
- Policy document or original certificate.
- Registration card and tax payment receipt.
- RTO’s theft endorsement.
- Previous policy details, including policy number, insurer’s name, and policy term.
- Key sets, service booklets, and a warranty card.
- Police panchnama/FIR and final investigation report
- Copy of acknowledgment of letter addressed to the RTO intimating theft to mark the vehicle “non-use.”
How to Make Reliance Car Insurance Claim Online?
The following steps make your Reliance car insurance claim settlement smooth and seamless.
- Register the claim using their helpline number or the “self-i” app.
- Carry the vehicle to the authorized network garage for repairs and submit the documents to the surveyor
- The insurer confirms its liability.
- You can opt for cashless repair or reimbursement using the Reliance car insurance claim form.
- Drive your repaired car home.
How to Make Reliance Cashless Car Insurance Claim?
You can seek cashless Reliance car insurance claim settlement only at its authorized network garages. The process involves a few simple steps.
- Intimate the claim using Reliance’s helpline number or the ‘self-I’ app, where you can video chat with insurer experts to register.
- Deliver the damaged car to the garage or ask Reliance for a pick-up. The company’s surveyor inspects the vehicle to assess the extent of the damage. Submit the required documents at this point.
- The insurer accepts the surveyor’s report and confirms its liability, subject to the application of deductibles.
- After realizing the share of deductibles from the policyholder, the garage commences repairs and settles the claim with the insurer.
- The policyholder accepts delivery of the repaired car and drives home with a seamless claim settlement experience.
How to Make Reliance Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim?
Unlike the cashless claim, you can seek reimbursement of Reliance car insurance reimbursement claim from a garage of your choice other than the company’s network garages. Accordingly, stick to the following steps.
- The steps are identical to the cashless claim up to submitting the surveyor’s report with an estimate and collection of documents.
- The garage commences the repairs and raises the final bill on the policyholder’s account.
- Clear the bills and collect the invoices and payment receipts from the garage. Reliance car insurance claim form along with these bills and invoices will need to be submitted for settlement.
- The insurer reimburses the repair cost minus the deductibles as per the policy’s terms and conditions.
Common Reliance Car Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
There are instances when the Reliance car insurance claim may see a rejection. Here are some of them.
- Delay in intimation beyond 24 hours which is the insurer’s deadline.
- Negligent driving or in violation of the insurance policy terms and conditions.
- Misrepresentation of facts.
- Submitting a false or fraudulent claim.
- Inadequate information for processing the claim.
Reliance No Claim Bonus
You earn rewards for safe driving practices evident from claim-free years under the Reliance car insurance. Thus, you get no claim bonus as discounts on the renewal premium. The percentage discount starts from 20% for the first claim-free year and goes up to 50% by the fifth straight claim-free year.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Reliance Car Insurance Claim FAQs
1. What do you need to feed for Reliance car insurance claim intimation?
You must intimate and register the claim using their helpline or “Self-I” App with the following data.
- Car insurance policy number.
- Name of the policyholder.
- Contact number.
- Date and time of the incident.
- Insured vehicle’s registration number.
- Make and model of the vehicle.
- Location and the extent of the loss.
- Brief description of the accident or other incidents.
- Garage name with other details, if available.
2. When Reliance accepts the liability on receipt of the surveyor’s report, which are the forms to submit?
You must submit duly signed forms 28, 29 and 30 for Reliance car insurance claim settlement. In addition, submit the financier-signed undated and blank form 35.
3. When should you report to the police for a Reliance car insurance claim?
You must register an FIR with the police for third-party injury, death, or damage to property. In addition, an FIR is a must for the theft of the car.
4. What do you mean by constructive total loss as per Reliance car insurance?
What do you mean by constructive total loss as per Reliance car insurance?
5. Is there any bar on the number of Reliance car insurance claims during the policy term?
You can file as many valid claims without any bar unless specified under a Reliance car insurance policy. For example, Reliance car insurance zero depreciation cover can be availed only twice during the policy term.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More
The benefits of 'Pay as You Drive Car Insurance' are numerous. This article aims to provide you with an unders...Read More
Telematics car insurance is a contemporary and technologically advanced system using which you pay the premium...Read More
The trend of CNG cars in India is increasing rapidly as people want to save on expenses on fuel and join hands...Read More