Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
TATA AIG Bike Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
TATA AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Highlights
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the Tata Group and the American International Group (AIG). Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited celebrated 20 years of service as on 2020, since it commenced operations on January 22, 2001. The company has made a mark in the industry by launching several innovative products and services over the years.
Claim Settlement Ratio
1. What is a two-wheeler policy?
- A policy which covers the damages caused to the two-wheeler arising from the event of an accident or natural /manmade disasters or the financial loss in case of theft or burglary comprises a two-wheeler policy. You have the option to choose either a comprehensive two-wheeler policy which covers third-party liabilities as well as own damages. On the other hand, you can also go with Liability only policy, also known as Third-Party Insurance, covering only third party liabilities (which is mandated by the Indian Government).
2. What is IDV in Two Wheeler Insurance? How does the depreciation depend on it?
IDV is the sum based on which the insurance policy is issued. It is the selling price of the two-wheeler as listed by the manufacturer and is the sum insured of the policy. The value of the bike decreases with the depreciation of the two-wheeler so, the sum insured is not the same for the whole life span of the two-wheeler.
3. What is Depreciation?
The value of the two-wheeler and its parts decreases with the passage of time and regular wear and tear. This is known as Depreciation. Depreciation slabs are pre declared by TATA AIG in their policy document for the easy reference of the customers.
4. How much premium needs to be paid for a two-wheeler Insurance policy?
Tata AIG provides a premium calculator on its website for you to easily get an approximate premium value for the two-wheeler policy of your choice.
1. Is making changes to my coverage possible simultaneously with my TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance renewal?
Yes, making alterations during your TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance renewal is possible. However, all you can do is enhance your coverage by buying the available add-ons. Also, you may change your policy at the time of renewal.
2. Can I transfer my “No Claim Bonus” from my old insurance provider to TATA AIG?
You can transfer your NCB to your new TATA AIG bike insurance policy from a previous insurance provider. The benefits will be similar, a drop in your premium for the next year of coverage.
3. What particulars/details do I need to provide during my TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance renewal?
During your TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance renewal, you must provide your Email ID, fixed-line number, product name, expiry date, policy number, and mobile number.
4. Can I modify my short-term policy to a long-term policy during the TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance renewal?
During the TATA AIG two-wheeler renewal, you may upgrade your bike insurance policy from short-term to long-term.
5. How will you send me the TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance renewal hard copy if I decide to go for it offline?
If you go for the TATA AIG bike insurance renewal offline, the company will send you your renewed bike insurance policy hard copy. They will send it to your residential address through courier within a few days after paying the premium amount.
6. What are the acceptable modes of payment for the two-wheeler insurance renewal TATA AIG?
You can pay for a TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance renewal using your debit card, net banking, credit card, etc. In short, TATA AIG accepts any form of payment that is conventional.
You can make the transaction using these payment methods through TATA AIG’s IVR. There is also a provision for cheque collection that you can choose.
1. To file a TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance claim against accidental damage, do I need to file an FIR?
Yes. It is a significant criterion that ensures the settlement of your claim.
2. What does a TATA AIG surveyor do?
The TATA AIG surveyor inspects your bike etc., to ascertain the severity of damage to your bike after the incident. The surveyor's report principally decides whether you get a claim settlement.
3. Is my driving licence mandatory to carry when I file my TATA AIG bike insurance claim?
Yes, TATA AIG requires you to carry your DL when filing your claim.
4. After an accident, how soon should I file the TATA AIG bike insurance claim?
Don't waste time. The sooner, the better! You must make sure that you get in touch with TATA AIG within 24 hours of the incident.
5. How do I check the status of my TATA AIG claim after filing?
Go to TATA AIG's official website. Then, click on the "Claim" option & fill in the CRN (Claim Registration Number) & your policy number. When you select "Proceed," you will see the status of your claim.
1. Can I download the two-wheeler insurance copy for all kinds of bike insurance policies offered by TATA AIG?
You can download the TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance policy copy for every policy. Every policy sold is an agreement between you and TATA AIG, and every deal has its T&C, so there has to be an accompanying agreement. Whether you wish to go for the TATA AIG Comprehensive/Standalone/Third Party Bike Insurance, you should download the TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance policy copy.
2. Is it mandatory to download TATA AIG bike insurance or have a copy of the TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance download?
It is not compulsory to have a TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance copy download! However, it is always advisable to go through any insurance you purchase a policy document. You may discover something to your advantage that you failed to notice earlier. Either way, you will know your rights and liabilities properly if you read the TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance policy download.
3. Is it mandatory to carry my TATA AIG bike insurance copy download document if there is a traffic check?
It is not compulsory to carry the TATA AIG bike insurance copy download document! You can easily have the e-Vahan Bima app on your android phone that is more than sufficient for any verification by any level of authority.
4. Do I need to submit my TATA AIG two-wheeler policy download document when I have an accident or when filing a claim?
Yes, do need to submit the TATA AIG bike insurance policy document during or for these situations.
5. Is an ordinary printout of the TATA AIG bike insurance download document sufficient?
Yes, an ordinary printout of the TATA AIG bike policy download is suitable for every purpose imaginable. It is way more convenient to carry the soft copy if you must.
Add On Covers
1. Can I buy any number of TATA AIG two wheeler insurance add ons or is there a limit?
You can buy all the available add-ons that are offered at TATA AIG. There is no upper limit whatsoever. You can buy the TATA AIG bike insurance add-ons online.
2. While subscribing to add-ons, do I need any special documents?
No additional documents are needed to get an add-on for your bike. You just have to select the add-on and pay the premium for it. You can easily get the TATA AIG bike insurance add-on covers online.
3. What should I look out for when I buy a TATA AIG add-on?
Not much! When you buy TATA AIG two wheeler insurance add-on covers online only make sure to check its features, coverage, & premium.
4. Why is it important for me to buy TATA AIG add-ons?
You should buy the TATA AIG two wheeler insurance add-on covers simply to enrich your protection! These add-ons give you that extra peace of mind when you know that you are protected from all the significant corners.
5. Is it required to buy TATA AIG two-wheeler add-ons every year?
Nothing regarding the TATA AIG add-ons is compulsory. You should extend your add-on coverage every year because you need them & not because you must.
1. Can zero depreciation add-on be added to TATA AIG comprehensive policy?
Yes, this add-on cover can be added to the comprehensive policy. It safeguards against any deduction from the assured sum due to depreciation with time. However, it applies only to the first two claims for a bike.
2. Is it advisable to buy TATA AIG comprehensive insurance for an old bike?
Yes. Old bikes are more prone to damage and accidents. Moreover, the premium for the insurance will be less because the bike’s value is lesser.
3. When is a good time to buy TATA AIG policy?
The best time to buy the policy is at the time of purchasing the bike or at the time of policy renewal.
4. What if I do not purchase TATA AIG comprehensive policy?
You will have to bear any & all expenses associated with any damage to the bike & injury/fatality due to accident, etc.
5. How can I file a claim under TATA AIG policy?
You can file a claim for the TATA AIG comprehensive two-wheeler insurance online. To file a claim, visit our claims page on our website –
- Click 'Initiate Claim.'
- Log in with your mobile number.
- File a claim.
To know the status of an earlier claim, click ‘Track Claim.’
6. Does bike modification &/or selling affect my TATA AIG comprehensive insurance?
Bike modifications affect the insurance both ways. Installation of anti-theft measures reduces the premium, while additions that make it theft-prone (LED, alloy wheels, etc.) entail a hike. When you sell your bike, you will also have to transfer the insurance.
1. Can I get zero depreciation cover with TATA AIG third-party bike insurance?
No. The advantage of the zero depreciation add-on can’t be clubbed with TATA AIG two-wheeler third- party insurance.
2. What is the claim process for TATA AIG third-party bike insurance?
The claim process includes:
- You must have photos/videos of the third-party bike/property damage.
- You must have noted the credentials & contact information of the third party individual/s and eyewitnesses.
- You must inform TATA AIG. Then, you have to make an FIR at the police station in whose jurisdiction the accident took place.
- You will have to make a plea petition at the Tribunal Court for the Motor Accidents Claim with all the necessary documents.
- You need to apprise TATA AIG of the Court's verdict. It will determine the compensation accordingly.
3. Will the TATA AIG third-party bike insurance cover damages if someone else was riding my insured bike?
Yes. Even if someone other than the owner is riding the bike at the time of accident, the third-party liabilities are still covered.
4. Will TATA AIG third-party bike insurance cover if the accident happens in a different city/state?
Yes. Even if the accident with your insured bike takes place in some other state, TATA AIG third-party bike insurance covers the third-party liabilities.
5. Is TATA AIG third-party bike insurance enough protection for my bike?
No. It is enough only to cover third-party liabilities & to adhere to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 mandate. It would be best to have TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance for complete protection.
1. Is it possible to combine TATA AIG two-wheeler zero dep insurance to any TATA AIG bike insurance policy?
No, you cannot combine the TATA AIG two-wheeler zero dep insurance with the TATA AIG third-party insurance policy.
2. Why do I need TATA AIG zero dep cover if it does not cover my accident or death?
The TATA AIG zero dep cover increases your coverage and makes you immune to the decrease in IDV with time. Hence, helps in getting a full claim amount from the insurer.
3. Who must choose to get the TATA AIG two-wheeler zero dep insurance?
Though it is beneficial to all bikers, the zero dep cover is highly recommended for new bikes, new riders, luxury bike owners, etc.
4. Can I buy the TATA AIG two-wheeler zero dep insurance online?
Yes. In fact, it is the best and the easiest way to do it.
5. Does TATA AIG zero dep add-on cover the tyres of my bike?
No, the normal wear and tear of bike tyres do not come under the TATA AIG zero dep cover.
1. Is TATA AIG's own damage bike insurance mandatory for my bike?
No. A standalone own damage bike insurance is not mandatory, but it is worth buying with your existing third-party policy.
2. Can I buy add-ons with my TATA AIG own damage insurance?
Yes. Unlike third-party insurance, you can buy add-on coverage with TATA AIG own damage bike insurance to enhance the protection of your
3. What is the policy term for TATA AIG own damage bike insurance?
Usually your TATA AIG own damage bike insurance policy term is 1 year. But you also have the option to go for long-term policies like 2 or 3 years.
4. Can I file a claim for my TATA AIG standalone two-wheeler insurance online?
You can file a claim for TATA AIG two-wheeler standalone insurance online.
- For that, visit the bike insurance page on the website. Go to the ‘Claims’ section and follow the easy procedure. According to the process, you will need to provide the details of the damage to your bike.
- Alternatively, as soon as your bike meets with an accident, etc., you can get in touch with the insurer by calling or emailing them
- Finally, you may choose between a cashless claim or getting reimbursed. In the former, you may decide to get your bike repaired at any cashless garage which is always more accessible than the latter.
5. How is TATA AIG standalone own damage bike insurance premium calculated?
The parameters upon which to calculate the premium of own damage Insurance of your bike include its Insured Declared Value (IDV), purchase year, add-ons, policy type, geographical location, etc.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More