Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Digit Car Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Making an insurance claim is the essential aspect of a car insurance purchase. This helps in bearing the financial burden in a time of crisis. Let's look at the Digit car insurance claim procedure to make your claim settlement process smoother and faster.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
You need to provide authenticating documents to the insurer to file an insurance claim. Documents differ from policy to policy. Following is the list of documents that you need to submit to make an insurance claim:
Claiming after an accident:
- The original insurance policy document
- Digit four-wheeler insurance claim form duly filled and signed
- Photocopy of Registration Certificate
- Photocopy of Driving Licence
- Photocopy of FIR
- Original Income Tax receipts
- Cost of repairs an estimate
- Bills after the repair payments
For third-party claims:
- An original insurance policy document
- Digit car insurance claim form duly filled and signed
- Photocopy of Registration Certificate
- Photocopy of Driving Licence
- Photocopy of FIR (If filed)
Claiming after theft:
- Duly filled and signed forms 26, 28, 29, 30, and 35
- Original Registration Certificate
- 'No Trace Report' issues by Police of an insured vehicle
- Theft Declaration issued by Regional Transport Office
- All sets of keys
- Warranty card and service booklets
How to Make Digit Car Insurance Claim Online?
To file a Digit car insurance online claim, you need to follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the Digit car insurance policy
- Navigate through the website for an insurance claim form
- Enter the policy number and policy start date
- Mention your name and other important details, such as your contact information address
- Click on the next page to continue the process
- Provide additional required information
- Click on file a claim
You can also file Digit car insurance claim via email or phone call, or video call. The digit team will assess an estimate of damages and will provide you with all the possible help.
How to Make Digit Cashless Car Insurance Claim?
To file and Digit cashless car insurance claim, you need to follow the following steps:
- First and foremost, you need to inform the insurer regarding an accident or the incident for which you wish to claim the amount of the insurance. You can do this via email, by visiting the insurer's official website, or via phone or video call.
- Upon receiving the claim insurance request, the insurer will initiate the assessment procedure. You will receive the link from an insurer on your registered mobile number for self-assessment. Shoot a video or photographs as suggested by an insurer and send them on the link provided.
- An insurer will assess the damages and will determine the cost required for repairing the damages. You need to use the estimated amount to make an insurance claim.
- Digit has a wide variety of networks of garages that policyholders can utilize to repair their vehicles.
- After the repairs, the insurer will make the direct payment to the garage owner after informing all the parties.
How to Make Digit Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim?
To make the Digit reimbursement car insurance claim, you need to follow the following steps:
- You need to inform the insurer about the accident or your vehicle's damages.
- An insurer will get in touch with you for the self-assessment of the vehicle. As per the requirement of the insurer you either need to submit video or photographic evidence for the assessment of the vehicle.
- After receiving details, your insurer will provide a damage estimate to you.
- You have complete autonomy in selecting the garage wherein you wish to take your vehicle for damage repair.
- Once all the repairs are done, you can submit the bill to the insurer or inform the insurer about the bill payment. An insurer will reimburse the bill, after which the vehicle owner is free to take their vehicle home.
Common Digit Car Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
Although the procedure of the Digit car insurance claim settlement is extremely simple and hassle-free, there are still certain instances where your insurance claim can get rejected. Following are the standards to which policyholders must adhere in order to get Digit four-wheeler insurance claim to settle:
- If the accident occurred while the driver was under the influence of intoxicants, the claim would get rejected.
- If the vehicle owner was driving the vehicle without a valid driving licence, the insurance claim would be rejected.
- Falsifying the evidence will get your claim rejected.
- If the vehicle owner can not produce any evidence of the accidents, the insurance claim will be rejected.
- If the accident occurred because of voluntary negligence of the vehicle owner, then the insurance claim will get rejected.
- If the vehicle didn't incur any damage in the accident, the insurance claim would be rejected.
- If the vehicle owner fails to file the Digit car insurance claim in time, the insurance claim will be rejected.
Digit Car No Claim Bonus
If the vehicle owner did not claim a single Digit car insurance claim, then the vehicle owner is eligible for the No Claim Bonus or NCB. For every year in which the vehicle owner did not file an insurance claim will earn a 20% to 50% discount on all the future insurance premiums. You also get additional discounts while purchasing or renewing your insurance policy with Digit.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Digit Car Insurance Claim FAQs
1. What is the toll-free number for Digit car insurance claim?
To file an insurance claim, you can use the 24*7 response toll-free number of Digit car insurance 1800-258-5956. You can also file a claim by visiting Digit's official website.
2. Can I purchase Digit car insurance online?
Yes, you can easily purchase Digit four-wheeler insurance online.
3. What is the claim settlement ratio of Digit car insurance?
Digit car insurance claim settlement ratio is very high, with over 80.47% of claims settled so far.
4. How many days does it take for Digit car insurance claim to be settled?
Because of the high requests received by Digit car insurance, the claim settling procedure can take a little longer. However, you get financial assistance in time.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More