Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
TATA AIG Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
TATA AIG Car Insurance Highlights
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the Tata Group and the American International Group (AIG). Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited celebrated 20 years of service as on 2020, since it commenced operations on January 22, 2001. The company has made a mark in the industry by launching several innovative products and services over the years.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Car insurance is mandatory in India. This is because there are a lot of instances where vehicles fall into a collision, and there is a loss of life and property. However, to take care of the expenses, the vehicle owner must spend vast amounts of money, making them financially burdened.
A standalone car insurance policy makes sure that your vehicle is protected against damages incurred in an accident or collision. It also provides peace of mind in terms of financial liabilities. Many companies offer standalone car insurance policies. TATA AIG car insurance covers own damages during a mishappening.
TATA AIG Standalone Car Insurance Policy
By purchasing standalone car insurance for your vehicle, you would be covered against all the damages caused to your own vehicle in the event of an accident. This type of insurance is also known as own damage car insurance, which, by its name, suggests the damages covered for your own car in case of any mishappening. The TATA AIG standalone car insurance policy protects your vehicle. Let us know more in detail about the coverage provided by the same.
How does TATA AIG Standalone Car Insurance Policy Work?
TATA AIG standalone car insurance is an ideal option when it comes to protection for your vehicle in case you meet with an accident. You can avail of the insurance policy online by visiting the TATA AIG online portal. You can also purchase a TATA AIG standalone car insurance policy by visiting your nearby TATA AIG office.
The policy would cover many damages such as natural and manmade calamities. You would not have to worry about bearing expenses relating to your own vehicle's damage. On top of your third-party car insurance policy that is compulsory to be bought by law, a TATA AIG car standalone insurance policy would be an excellent addition for your own protection.
TATA AIG Standalone Car Insurance vs. Third Party Car Insurance vs. Comprehensive Car Insurance
|Standalone Car Insurance
|Third Party Car Insurance
|Comprehensive Car Insurance
|It is not compulsory to be bought by law.
|It is compulsory to be bought by law.
|It is not compulsory to be bought by law.
|Covers damages incurred to the policyholder’s own vehicle.
|Covers damages incurred to the third-party.
|Covers damages incurred to the policyholder’s vehicles as well as third-party.
|You can buy add-ons with a standalone car insurance policy.
|You cannot buy add-ons with a third-party car insurance policy.
|You can buy add-ons with this policy.
|Premiums are considerably low, pertaining to limited coverage.
|Premiums are low, pertaining to limited coverage.
|Premiums are high, pertaining to extensive coverage.
What All is Covered Under TATA AIG Standalone Car Insurance Policy?
The following damages are covered under a TATA AIG standalone car insurance policy:
- Damages due to natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.
- Damages due to manmade calamities such as terrorist attacks, explosions, etc.
- Damages to the policyholder’s vehicle in an accident.
- Damages due to ignition, lighting, and fire.
- If the vehicle is lost or stolen.
What All is not Covered Under TATA AIG Standalone Car Insurance Policy?
A TATA AIG car standalone insurance policy would not cover the following damages:
- Damages incurred to the third-party.
- Damages due to driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Damages due to driving the car without a valid licence.
- Damages due to driving the vehicle with an expired insurance policy.
- Electrical and mechanical breakdowns incurred by the vehicle.
- Damages due to using the vehicle for illegal activities.
- Damages due to using a private vehicle for commercial purposes.
- Damages incurred outside of the prescribed geographical region.
TATA AIG Standalone Car Insurance Benefits
You can enjoy the following benefits with a TATA AIG standalone car insurance policy:
- With a standalone car insurance policy over a third-party insurance policy, you do not have to buy a comprehensive car insurance policy for your own protection.
- Buying a TATA AIG standalone car insurance policy online is straightforward.
- Renewal of a standalone policy through TATA AIG can be done annually online.
- The policyholder also can buy several add-ons with their TATA AIG standalone car insurance policy.
TATA AIG Standalone Car Insurance Policy Review
If you are looking for an insurance policy for your vehicle, the TATA AIG standalone car insurance policy can be ideal. This policy provides coverage for your own vehicle under challenging times. The company has made the renewal process more accessible and can be completed online without paperwork. You can also file claims online for an accidental cover at the company's official website. Customer care representatives at TATA AIG work tirelessly to solve all your issues and doubts regarding your policy or any other formality.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
TATA AIG Standalone Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is it enough to buy TATA AIG standalone car insurance policy for my car?
You have to buy a third-party insurance policy as mandated by law. However, you can additionally buy a standalone car insurance policy on top of it.
2. How does the model of my car influence TATA AIG standalone insurance premium?
If you have bought a high-end car on the expensive side, the premiums would be high, and vice versa. This is because a costly car model would incur high expenses when in an accident. The insurer needs to cover its costs, thus, charging you with an increased premium.
3. I live in a highly-populated region in my city. Would I have to pay high premiums for TATA AIG standalone car insurance?
People living in densely populated areas are at greater risk of meeting with accidents and collisions. Therefore, an insurance provider considers this factor while deciding on a premium amount for such policyholders; the higher the possibility of accidents, the higher the premiums.
4. Would a TATA AIG standalone car insurance policy cover my car in case of a total loss?
In case of total and irreversible loss to the vehicle, the TATA AIG standalone car insurance policy would cover all the related expenses of the policyholder.
5. Is TATA AIG standalone insurance policy better than a comprehensive car insurance policy?
A standalone policy would only cover your own damages; however, comprehensive insurance would cover your own damages and third-party damages. Therefore, a comprehensive policy is much better as it provides a more extensive cover under challenging situations.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More