Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Limited is one of India's biggest private sector general insurance companies, specializing in health, travel, motor, home, student, and other types of insurance. ICICI Lombard provides third-party car insurance online. Below, we dive into the details of ICICI Lombard's third-party car insurance.
To understand how third-party insurance works, readers first need to understand what third-party insurance means. There are several parties involved in car insurance policies. For example, the owner of the car will be the first party concerning the insurance policy. The second party in the policy will be the insurance provider for the insured vehicle. A third-party is a person or a vehicle owner who has been harmed in any capacity by the actions of the insured vehicle or the first party.
Third party insurance is also called statutory insurance because it is a requirement for all vehicle owners under the Motor Vehicles Act. Each vehicle driven on Indian roads requires mandatory third-party insurance.
How does ICICI Lombard Third Party Insurance Work?
If the policyholder gets into an accident, then the insurance company agrees to pay for the cost of the repairs caused to the third-party involved in the accident. This type of insurance policy also covers the policyholder from any legal liabilities arising after the accident. In the case of the ICICI Lombard car third party insurance, the company also provides cover against damage to the surrounding property.
The way the ICICI Lombard third party car insurance works is by informing the insurance provider in case of an accident. The policyholder must ensure to inform insurance company before filing an insurance claim. After the claim is filed, the insurer sends a surveyor to assess the damage and verify the accuracy of the stated claim. After verification is completed, the insurer settles the claim.
ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
|Third-party Insurance||Comprehensive Insurance|
|Provides limited coverage - Covers third-party losses and damages only.||Provides extensive coverage - Covers damages incurred by any third party and by the policyholder|
|The option of customizing the policy (by adding add-ons) is not available||The option of customizing the policy (by adding add-ons) is available|
|It is made mandatory by law||It is not mandatory by law|
|Affordable premiums owing to its limited coverage||Higher premiums owing to the extensive coverage|
How to Buy ICICI Lombard Third Party Insurance?
- Open the ICICI Lombard insurance company website and visit the car insurance page on their website.
- Users need to enter all the necessary details regarding their car and personal information such as mobile number, email id, car registration number, make and model, registration year, etc.
- Following this step, you can browse and select a plan of your choice.
- After selecting a plan, you can modify the coverage up to the permissible limits. In the case of an ICICI Lombard third party car insurance policy, the premium is fixed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA).
- After selecting a policy, you will be directed to the payment portal. You can pay with leading banks' credit and debit cards, net banking, and other payment methods.
- After successful completion, you will receive the insurance policy by email.
What is Covered Under the ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
Under the third party policy of ICICI Lombard four-wheeler insurance, policyholders get the following covers:
- Damage to a third-party person or vehicle is covered.
- Cover against legal liability caused by the insured vehicle.
- Cover damage to surrounding property.
What is not Covered Under the ICICI Lombard Third Party Insurance Policy?
An ICICI Lombard third party car insurance policy does not cover damages caused due to:
- The policyholder's vehicle.
- Natural Calamities
- Fire and cases of riots
- In the case of a war-like situation or nuclear fallout,
- Diving under the influence of drugs or alcohol or any intoxicating substances.
- If the driver is driving without carrying a valid driving license.
Key Benefits of Purchasing ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance?
A third party insurance policy offers the minimum security for the insured vehicle. If by any chance, your car is involved in an accident or a mishap, the ICICI Lombard third party insurance policy will take care of all the legal liabilities arising due to the incident. It also provides a Digital Inspection on the "ICICI Lombard Take Care app".
ICICI Lombard Third Party Insurance Review
ICICI Lombard third party car insurance is one of the best in the country. The company has streamlined the process and provides the ICICI Lombard third party car insurance online without much hassle. We also cannot deny the legal and financial assistance that one receives with the third party insurance policy.
If individuals are on the lookout for a smooth and easy-to-buy third party insurance policy for their cars and vehicles, the ICICI Lombard third party car insurance policy is the way to go.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
ICICI Lombard Third-party Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is a third party car insurance policy mandatory?
Third party insurance (also called statutory insurance) is mandatory for all vehicle owners under the Motor Vehicles Act.
2. What is the key difference between a third party and a comprehensive car insurance policy?
Third party insurance is the most basic form of insurance coverage available in India and is mandated by law. Comprehensive car insurance provides third party security as well as a variety of add-ons to secure your vehicle from different types of damage.
3. How can you buy third party insurance for your car?
Simply visit the ICICI Lombard website and under the tab "Motor Insurance," select "Car Insurance" and start your application for ICICI Lombard third party insurance online without any difficulty.
4. Why should you buy third party insurance in India?
According to the rules and regulations of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, all vehicles that are driven on Indian roads need to have a valid third party insurance policy. Failure to do so can result in fines and imprisonment for up to six months.
5. When should you initiate a third party insurance claim after being involved in an accident?
Different insurance companies have different policies regarding the stipulated time. It is advisable to raise a claim within 24 hours of the accident.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More