Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
ACKO Bike Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. Is the claim process really free of paperwork?
Yes, if you go in for the cashless claim, the process is very straightforward with zero paperwork. All you have to do is inform the insurance company. If you go in for the reimbursement option, you have to click photos as evidence of the damage and then if the insurer is satisfied, the claim will be accepted and an estimated repairing cost will be sent to your bank account . There is no need for any extra paperwork.
2. Does Acko Two Wheeler Insurance have insurance agents?
Since all of the two-wheeler insurance plans are sold online, the company does not have any insurance agents. You can directly buy the bike insurance plan from Acko General Insurance Company by visiting their website. If someone tells you they are an agent for Acko, do not believe them as online plans are never sold by insurance agents.
3. Can I renew my plan online?
Yes, apart from buying a two-wheeler insurance plan online, you can also do various things such as renewing the plan, checking its status, making a claim, etc online. You can also add or drop add-ons by visiting the portal of Acko Two Wheeler Insurance. The process is quick, simple and can be done any time during the day or night.
4. Can I expect a discount on my Acko Two Wheeler Insurance premium?
Yes, there are some ways in which you can get a discount on your Acko Two Wheeler Insurance plan. First and foremost, see if you have an accumulated NCB. make sure you have that applied to the premium. That will give you some discount. Then, try installing some anti-theft devices to the bike. If your vehicle is safe, the insurance premium will be lower. Joining automobile associations also fetch you a bike insurance discount. These are some good ways in which you can get a discount on your Acko Two Wheeler Insurance premium.
5. Are add-ons available with the two-wheeler insurance plans?
Yes, Acko General Insurance does offer all the standard two-wheeler insurance add-ons. You can get add-ons such as the roadside assistance, depreciation cover, engine cover, etc when you buy an Acko Two Wheeler Insurance policy. However, you must remember that every add-on is available at an added cost, so your bike insurance premium will also go up.
1. Can I add in add- on covers at the time of ACKO two-wheeler insurance policy renewal?
Yes, if you have purchased ACKO comprehensive two-wheeler insurance or ACKO standalone two-wheeler insurance, then you can add, add-ons to customize your policy.
2. Is ACKO two-wheeler insurance policy renewal premium changes on the basis of the place where we live?
Yes, the place where you live or RTO where your vehicle is registered can influence your insurance premiums. For the metropolitan area, the premiums are higher in comparison with two or third-tier cities.
3. Can I check the status of my ACKO two-wheeler insurance policy renewal online?
Yes, you can easily track all insurance-related updates through the ACKO website or their mobile app. You can also check the policy renewal status by visiting RTO or the e- VAHAN website.
4. What is the toll-free number of the ACKO two-wheeler insurance?
The toll-free number of the ACKO customer service is 1800-266-2256.
5. What will happen if I do not renew my ACKO two-wheeler insurance policy?
If you do not renew your ACKO two-wheeler insurance policy even after the expiry, then your policy will lapse. Hence, you cannot drive your vehicle further on roads.
1. What is the toll-free number for the ACKO bike insurance?
The toll-free number of the ACKO two-wheeler insurance is 1800-266-2256, and the chargeable number is 1860-266-2256
2. Can I purchase the ACKO bike insurance policy online?
Yes, the ACKO two-wheeler insurance is available online for customers to purchase.
3. What is the claim settlement ratio of the ACKO bike insurance ?
ACKO’s claim settlement ratio is 95.45% for two wheeler-OD portfolio for FY-2021-22.
4. Can I check the status of my ACKO bike insurance claim online?
Yes, you can check the status of the ACKO two-wheeler insurance claim online, by visiting the insurer website or ACKO app.
5. How many days does ACKO take for bike insurance claim to settle?
The claim will be settled after the verification of all the details. In fact, in cases of minor accidents, ACKO settles the claim within the same day.
1. Can I check my ACKO two-wheeler insurance policy status online?
Yes, you can visit the e-service VAHAN website to check your ACKO two-wheeler insurance policy status online. You need to use your mobile number for the verification
2. Where will I get my ACKO customer ID?
Customer ID is very important at the time of making a claim. It serves as your identification number. Customer ID, along with the policy number, is mentioned on the first page of the ACKO bike insurance policy document.
3. Can I get the duplicate ACKO bike insurance policy document?
You can always use the soft copy of your policy document if you happen to lose the hard copy. Downloading ACKO bike insurance policy online is also quite easy. You are also allowed to download it as many times as you want. However, you are advised to keep your policy document in a safe place.
4. Can my ACKO bike insurance policy claim stand to get rejected?
If ACKO finds out about any fraudulent practice from your end or if your policy lapses due to some reason, then ACKO can reject the insurance claim.
5. Will I have multiple policy numbers in case of multiple policies?
For every vehicle you purchase, you must buy a separate policy. And for every policy, there will be a different policy number.
Add On Covers
1. Will I have to purchase ACKO two-wheeler insurance add-on covers compulsorily?
No, there are no compulsions imposed on the policyholders regarding the purchase of the ACKO two-wheeler insurance add-on covers.
2. What will be the increase in my premium after the ACKO two-wheeler insurance add- on covers purchase?
It depends on how many add-on covers you add and which covers you choose. Overall, it will be a slight change.
3. What will happen to my ACKO two-wheeler insurance policy if I lose the policy papers?
You can download the policy from the ACKO’s website any time you like.
4. How many ACKO two-wheeler insurance add-on covers am I allowed to choose?
There is no limit on the number of the ACKO two-wheeler insurance add- on covers you opt to add.
5. Is Police FIR mandatory to claim ACKO bike insurance?
Yes, Police FIR is mandatory while putting a claim for ACKO bike insurance.
1. What is the claim settlement ratio of ACKO comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy?
The claim settlement ratio of the ACKO comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy is 83.91 in the financial year 2020%.
2. Can I choose my choice of garage with ACKO bike insurance policy to repair the damages incurred?
ACKO comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy allows policyholders to get their vehicle repaired from the garage of their choice, even outside the network of ACKO.
3. Do I have to pay an additional amount to avail of ACKO comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy add-ons?
Yes, you do need to pay an additional amount while paying your premium for every add-on that you purchase. However, this change is slight.
4. Will damages caused by the tube are covered under the ACKO comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy?
The tube damage itself is not covered under the ACKO comprehensive bike insurance policy. However, if the tube is damage, as a result of an accident then you get compensation for it.
1. Is the death of the third party covered under the ACKO third-party two-wheeler insurance?
Yes, the death of the third party is covered under ACKO third-party two-wheeler insurance. However, you do not get any protection or financial protective cover for yourself.
2. What is the claim settlement ratio of ACKO third-party two-wheeler insurance?
The claim settlement ratio of ACKO third-party two-wheeler insurance is 83.91% in the financial year 2020.
3. How is the premium amount determined in ACKO third-party insurance?
The RTO area will determine the premiums with which your vehicle is registered. For the metropolitan area, the premium is higher, and for places with a lower population, the premium will be lower. The capacity of your vehicle engine will also become an essential factor in determining your third-party insurance premium.
4. Is it mandatory to produce an FIR to claim ACKO third-party two-wheeler insurance?
Yes, it is mandatory to produce an FIR or chargesheet to claim ACKO third-party two-wheeler insurance.
5. Can I customize ACKO's third-party insurance policy?
No. Insurers do not allow policyholders to customize or purchase any add-on covers along with third-party insurance policy.
1. What is the limit on the number of times during the insurance tenure of ACKO two-wheeler insurance zero depreciation add-on cover have I been allowed to make a claim?
ACKO two-wheeler zero depreciation cover allows you to file insurance claims twice throughout the tenure of the policy.
2. Can I get the ACKO two-wheeler insurance zero depreciation add-on cover for the second-hand bike?
Yes, you are allowed to add ACKO two-wheeler zero depreciation add-on cover for second-hand bike. However, the bike's model must not be more than 5 years old.
3. Are the rubber and plastic parts covered in the ACKO two-wheeler zero depreciation add-on cover?
Yes, compensation for the partially damaged rubber and plastic parts is included in the ACKO two-wheeler zero depreciation cover.
4. Are tyres covered in ACKO zero depreciation add-on cover?
Inclusion of the tyres in the zero depreciation add-on cover varies from insurer to insurer. However, almost all insurers compensate for the partial damage to the tyres.
5. Is there any geographical limit to avail of the benefits of the ACKO zero depreciation cover?
When you avail an insurance policy for a vehicle, it has a geographical limitation that is included in the base policy. If the vehicle breaks down or gets damaged in an accident outside the limit, you do not get any compensation for it. This clause is applicable to the ACKO zero depreciation cover as well.
1. Can I purchase ACKO standalone two-wheeler insurance policy online?
Yes. The procedure to purchase ACKO standalone two-wheeler insurance policy is extremely simple and completely digital.
2. What are the add-on covers I can purchase with the ACKO standalone two-wheeler insurance policy?
ACKO standalone two-wheeler insurance policy offers the following add-on covers along with your purchase of the policy:
- Roadside assistance cover
- Engine and protection cover
- Consumable cover
- Zero Depreciation cover
- Downtime allowance
- NCB protection cover
3. How does ACKO standalone two-wheeler insurance policy work?
You can get third-party insurance, which is required by the Motor Vehicles Act, and along with it, you can choose to buy standalone insurance policy. This policy offers all of the benefits to policyholders. This policy's premiums will be slightly cheaper than those of the comprehensive insurance. You can also select from a variety of add-on covers. If you have previously acquired third-party insurance and want something that will also protect you, then choose standalone own damage.
4. How is the premium amount for the ACKO standalone two-wheeler insurance policy calculated?
ACKO standalone two-wheeler insurance policy is calculated by keeping the following things in mind:
- Premium rates
- Add-on cover rate
- IDV (Insured Declared Value)
- Place where your vehicle is registered
5. When will I get my ACKO standalone two-wheeler insurance policy document?
After purchasing the policy and paying the premium, you will receive the ACKO standalone two-wheeler insurance policy document through email. The insurer will send you a hard copy of the document if you put in the request for it, and it will be sent to your home. You may also obtain the policy document from ACKO's official website.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More