Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Royal Sundaram Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Royal Sundaram Two Wheeler Insurance Highlights
"Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited (formerly known as Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited), is the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed in October 2000 by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. The company was initially promoted as a joint venture by Sundaram Finance, one of the most respected non-banking financial institutions (NBFCs) in India and other Indian Shareholders. Royal Sundaram has been providing innovative general insurance solutions to individuals, families and businesses directly as well as through its intermediaries and affinity partners. The company offers Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Home and Travel Insurance to individual customers and offers specialized insurance products in fire, marine, engineering, liability and business interruption risks to commercial customers. Royal Sundaram also offers specially designed products to the small and medium enterprises and rural customers as well. The company is a pioneer in bancassurance in India, having long-standing tie-ups with reputed banks and NBFCs."
Claim Settlement Ratio
1. Which factors determine the premiums for two-wheeler insurance policies?
The following factors determine the premium of your two-wheeler insurance policy-
- The cubic capacity of your two-wheeler
- Insured’s declared value of the vehicle
- Make and model and age of your two-wheeler
- Place of registration of your two-wheeler
- Type of policy that you buy
- Available discounts
- Add-ons selected
2. What is compulsory deductible under the two-wheeler insurance policy?
During the settlement of a claim, a certain amount is deducted by the insurance company from the claim amount. This amount is called compulsory deductible which is borne by the policyholder.
3. What documents are required to be submitted for a two-wheeler insurance claim?
The following documents are required to be submitted for two-wheeler insurance-
- A duly filled and signed two-wheeler claim form
- Registration certificate of the vehicle (Self-attested)
- Driving licence of the person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident
- An FIR is required to be registered at the police station in cases of an accident resulting in death or bodily injury to the third party or damages to third-party property. A copy of the FIR is to be submitted along with the above-mentioned documents.
- Original invoices and cash bills in case of reimbursement claims.
4. Which add-ons can be brought along with Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance?
You can customize your bike insurance with different add-ons offered by the insurance company. It offers the following add-ons at an additional premium cost-
- Return to invoice cover
- Zero depreciation cover
- Consumables add-on cover
- Accessories cover
5. How can I check the status of my two-wheeler insurance claim?
You can check the status of your Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance claim by calling on the toll-free number 1860 425 0000 and referring to the insurance claim using your claim registration number. The customer department will assist you and update you with the status of your claim.
1. To renew Royal Sundaram vehicle insurance online, what documents are required?
You don't need any documents to get a Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance renewal done online because there is no paperwork involved. All you have to do is supply your policy number and the policy's expiration date.
2. Is it possible to make changes to my policy information during the renewal process?
When getting your Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance renewal, you can only add or remove add-ons and extra coverage. However, if you want to amend any of the policy's details, you have to file an endorsement.
3. Is there a difference between the third-party and comprehensive policy renewal processes?
No, both types of insurance plans can get their Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance renewal through the company's official website's same portal. The difference is in the renewal fees, which you can see when you renew your insurance.
4. How to keep track of all my Royal Sundaram renewal transactions?
Enter your login ID and password on the Royal Sundaram login screen. On the next page, you'll see all of your transaction information.
5. How to renew an expired Royal Sundaram two-wheeler Insurance policy online?
It's critical to get the Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance renewal done before it runs out so that you may continue to benefit from the coverage. It is a simple process to renew your bike insurance online.
- Click here to go to your royal Sundaram's Insta renew page.
- You can log in using your phone number and a one-time password.
- Validate your information.
- After that, you'll have to pay the premium.
- Your coverage will be renewed after the payment is received.
1. Is it possible to file a Royal Sundaram bike insurance claim if I take my bike to a non-network garage?
Yes, even if you take your two-wheeler to a non-network garage, you can file a Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance claim. In this instance, you must pay for the repairs first and then submit all billing documentation for reimbursement. After subtracting deductibles as required by the insurance policy, Royal Sundaram will refund the repair costs.
2. Is there a fixed limit to how many bike claims may be filed?
No, a valid Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance claim can be filed an unlimited number of times. However, to take advantage of the no claim bonus reduction, it's best to avoid filing a claim for minor damages.
3. When should I report to the police?
In case of property damage to a third party, bodily injury to a third party or self, or vehicle theft, you should contact the local police station right away and file a Royal Sundaram bike insurance claim.
4. What should I do if my motorcycle gets stolen?
Before registering any claim, you should immediately report your stolen vehicle to the police. Royal Sundaram bike insurance claim cannot be filed if you fail to disclose your claim on time.
5. What actually do you mean when you say "constructive total loss"?
A constructive total loss occurs when the cost of repairing your vehicle exceeds its current value.
1. Is it possible to transfer my Royal Sundaram policy?
Yes, you can transfer your Royal Sundaram two-wheeler download policy to the new vehicle owner if you sell your two-wheeler to someone else. After that, the new policy owner is responsible for the insurance liability.
2. Can I transfer the no claim bonus of my Royal Sundaram insurance policy?
Yes, the transfer of your no claim bonus of Royal Sundaram two-wheeler download policy to a different insurance company is possible when you renew your two-wheeler insurance.
3. What does IDV stand for?
The term IDV stands for Insured Declared Value. It is the amount you will be reimbursed if the Royal Sundaram two-wheeler is totaled or stolen. It is important to note that this is not the market value of your bike.
4. How does Royal Sundaram calculate the premium for a Royal Sundaram two-wheeler policy?
Royal Sundaram two-wheeler download policy insurance premiums are generally determined by the manufacturer, model, age, and registration location of your bike. Your rate for two-wheeler insurance is also determined by the type of policy you choose and your claims history.
5. What are your options for making modifications to the Royal Sundaram two-wheeler policy document?
To get the Royal Sundaram two-wheeler policy download document updated, call its toll-free number and seek a change in the policy for easy rectifications or alterations in your insurance policy. Changes in one's name, gender, residence, and contact information, among other things, can be obtained. The customer service team will request some verification, and if it gets verified, the modifications will be made as soon as possible.
Add On Covers
1. What is a two-wheeler insurance policy add-on?
Royal Sundaram bike insurance add-on covers implies additional protection that may be acquired to expand the coverage of a regular plan for an additional fee. These add-ons are available for purchase with both comprehensive and standalone own-damage bike insurance plans. Zero depreciation coverage, roadside assistance coverage, engine protection, and other popular bike insurance add-ons are just a few examples.
2. Is there any specific limit on the number of purchasable Royal Sundaram add-ons?
No, the numbers of Royal Sundaram bike insurance add-ons that can be purchased are unlimited. You can customize your policy with as many add-ons as you want.
3. What documents are necessary for Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance add-on covers?
The purchase of the Royal Sundaram bike insurance add-on cover does not necessitate any additional documentation. By paying a small additional price at the time of purchase, you can add them to your two-wheeler insurance policy.
4. What role do add-on coverages play in Royal Sundaram bike insurance?
Royal Sundaram bike insurance add-on covers increase a bike insurance policy by extending the coverage of a normal bike insurance plan.
5. Is it required to purchase Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance add-ons every year?
Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance add-ons are not mandatory to have, but they are highly recommended because they expand the coverage of your normal bike insurance policy. So, yes, in order to buy them, you need to renew them yearly.
1. What is IDV in two-wheeler insurance policies?
The Royal Sundaram comprehensive bike insurance policy has a tenure of 3 years, if you are a new buyer. It also offers a 5-year package policy that gives clients the most coverage.
2. What add-ons are included in the Royal Sundaram comprehensive bike insurance policy?
The following add-ons are included in the Royal Sundaram comprehensive bike insurance policy:
- Zero depreciation cover
- Passenger cover
- Return-to invoice cover
- Engine protection cover
- NCB protection cover
- Electronic components
- Loss of accessories
- Key replacement cover, etc
3. What are the benefits of Royal Sundaram's comprehensive bike insurance policy?
The following savings are available under the Royal Sundaram comprehensive bike insurance policy:
- Voluntarily Deductible
- No Claim Bonus
- Any Membership in the Automobile Association
- Installation of an anti-theft device
4. What kind of bike insurance can I get for my two-wheeler?
There are two types of two-wheeler insurance policies: comprehensive and third-party liability. For example, Royal Sundaram comprehensive bike insurance policy protects your bike from theft, damage, or natural disasters and third-party responsibility. On the other hand, third-party liability is mandatory coverage that protects your bike only from third-party liability in death, bodily injury, or third-party property damage.
1. If I make a Royal Sundaram third-party claim on my bike insurance, will I lose my NCB?
With the Royal Sundaram two-wheeler third-party insurance coverage, the NCB is not accessible.
2. What documentation I must submit when willing to file a claim for Royal Sundaram third-party bike insurance?
You should submit the following documents to file a claim under the Royal Sundaram two-wheeler third-party insurance:
- Claim form for two-wheeled vehicles
- Cover note/copy of policy document
- A duplicate of your driver's licence
- Copy of the registration certificate and the FIR, as well as any other papers requested by the insurer
3. Is there coverage for any loss to the insured's bike under the Royal Sundaram third-party bike insurance?
The Royal Sundaram two-wheeler third-party insurance does not cover any type of loss or damage to the insured bike or owner.
4. Why should I go with Royal Sundaram for third-party bike insurance?
Royal Sundaram's third-party bike insurance offers legal liabilities against third-party and other benefits make it a good choice for everyone. Customer service is available 24*7. Purchase and renewal are quick with minimum paperwork.
5. Can Royal Sundaram third-party claims be filed online?
Yes, you can file claims online at the official website of Royal Sundaram.
1. Does Royal Sundaram zero depreciation cover any damage that occurs outside of the geographical zone?
The Royal Sundaram two-wheeler zero depreciation insurance coverage will only cover incidents that occur within the geographical area and will not cover incidents that occur outside of that area. For each policyholder, the Royal Sundaram comprehensive bike insurance policy, with or without the zero depreciation add-on, has a pre-determined geographical limitation.
2. Is it possible to convert my bike's third-party insurance to zero-depreciation insurance?
No, a third-party bike insurance policy cannot be converted to a Royal Sundaram zero depreciation bike insurance. A 0% depreciation add-on, like all other add-ons, can be purchased along with a comprehensive or standalone own-damage bike insurance policy.
3. Which is preferable: zero-depreciation or full coverage insurance?
A Royal Sundaram zero depreciation bike insurance cover is an add-on that compensates for the repair and replacement of depreciable bike parts by providing the full claim settlement value. A comprehensive insurance policy is a type of bike insurance that covers the owner-rider for own damage, third-party liability, and personal injury. It is preferable to purchase a complete motor insurance policy and supplement it with a Royal Sundaram zero depreciation two-wheeler insurance cover.
4. Is it possible to purchase Royal Sundaram zero depreciation bike insurance coverage without first purchasing a full bike insurance policy?
No, a person has to buy comprehensive/own damage bike insurance to opt for Royal Sundaram zero depreciation bike insurance coverage.
5. What add-on covers can I opt for while buying Royal Sundaram zero dep two-wheeler insurance?
Other add-ons that a person can opt for while buying Royal Sundaram zero dep bike insurance are mentioned below.
- No-Claim Bonus (NCB) protection
- Roadside assistance
- Protection for the engine
- Consumables cover
- Return to invoice
1. Is there a cashless option with Royal Sundaram vehicle insurance?
Yes, Royal Sundaram has 3868 network garages across India that provide cashless services.
2. What factors influence the cost of my Royal Sundaram standalone bike insurance?
The following factors determine the Royal Sundaram standalone bike insurance premium:
- Insured's Declared Value (IDV)
- Cubic capacity of the vehicle
- Geographical location
- Year of manufacture
3. How can one file a claim for Royal Sundaram two-wheeler standalone insurance?
You will need the following documents to make a Royal Sundaram standalone two-wheeler insurance claim.
- A copy of the policy document
- A copy of the police report (FIR)
- A copy of the registration certificate
- Original repair bills for the vehicle
- Proof of the mishap
4. Is my bike’s standalone damage insurance required?
As long as you have a basic third-party bike insurance, Royal Sundaram standalone bike insurance, also known as standalone damage policy, is not required by law.
5. Why should I get own-damage bike insurance separately?
It would help if you considered purchasing a Royal Sundaram standalone bike insurance coverage to safeguard your vehicle from damages or losses caused by theft, fire, mishap, accident, and other factors. In case of an accident, the insurance company is responsible for the cost of replacing or repairing the damaged bike parts.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More