Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
TATA AIG Car Insurance Highlights
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the Tata Group and the American International Group (AIG). Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited celebrated 20 years of service as on 2020, since it commenced operations on January 22, 2001. The company has made a mark in the industry by launching several innovative products and services over the years.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Driving a vehicle on busy roads requires a lot of care and consideration. There cannot be a single vehicle owner who has not faced an accident in some shape or form while driving in India. To safeguard yourself and your vehicle, insurance is necessary.
Comprehensive car insurance can answer all issues relating to towering expenses if you meet with an accident. The TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance policy can be opted for securing the lives of the passengers, third-party, and your vehicle. Below, we will be looking into all the details regarding a TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance policy.
TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
The TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance policy is an excellent solution to the issue of your car's security. The company provides dependable services that assist the policyholder in desperate times. This type of policy is the most popular amongst vehicle owners as it allows for all-round protection of the car and all the potential damages that can occur during an accident.
By purchasing a TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance policy online, you can save yourself the hassle of hunting for financial resources whenever your car falls under challenging circumstances.
Read More - TATA AIG Car Insurance
How does TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance Work?
A TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance provides complete protection against all kinds of damage to a vehicle. It is not mandatory by law to buy a comprehensive insurance for your car, but it can be highly beneficial in the long run. For example, it would provide protection against third-party damages in the event of an accident or mishappening.
The TATA AIG car comprehensive insurance policy also covers expenses incurring from damages such as theft and other man-made issues. This type of policy also has the option of buying add-ons that enhance the protection of your car. These add-ons can be for zero depreciation, no claim bonus, engine protection and many other areas that are likely to incur a financial toll.
TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance Vs. Third-Party Car Insurance
The following table shows some of the critical differences between TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance and TATA AIG third-party car insurance.
|Basis||Comprehensive Car Insurance||Third Party Car Insurance|
|Coverage||This policy covers every kind of damage that can occur to you, including third-party damages.||This policy only covers third-party damages incurred by the insured car during an accident.|
|Premium||Premiums are comparatively high pertaining to the broad coverage provided by the policy.||Premiums are comparatively low as this policy does not offer comprehensive coverage in terms of damage protection.|
|Add-ons||You have the option of purchasing add-ons with a comprehensive insurance policy.||You do not have the option to purchase add-ons with a third-party insurance policy.|
|Necessity||It is not mandatory to buy but helps the policyholder under challenging times.||It is mandatory by law to be purchased by every vehicle owner.|
How to Buy TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance?
The TATA AIG car comprehensive insurance policy is straightforward to purchase. You can buy it online or offline.
The following steps would help you purchase a TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance policy online:
- Visit the official website of the TATA AIG and download the form.
- Fill in the details as required in the form.
- Upload all the necessary documents.
- Select the comprehensive insurance car policy and choose your preferred quote.
- Make payments digitally.
- Collect the policy details via email.
The following steps must be followed to avail the TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance policy offline:
- Visit the nearby TATA AIG office.
- Collect the form and fill in the details accurately.
- Submit all the required documents.
- Select the policy and your preferred quote.
- Make payments through cheque.
- Collect all the paperwork related to your policy.
What All is Covered Under TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
The TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance policy would cover the following:
- Damages due to fire, theft, vandalism, etc.
- Damages due to natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, etc.
- Third-party damages
- Own accidental damages
- Damages due to terrorist activities, civil unrest, riots, etc.
What All is not Covered Under TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
The TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance policy would not cover the following:
- Normal wear and tear of the car
- Mechanical and electrical breakdowns of the car
- Tyre and tube damages
- Damages due to nuclear wars, mutinies, etc.
- Damages caused while driving without a valid licence
- Damages caused while driving with an expired insurance policy
- Damages caused while driving under the influence of intoxicants
- Damages caused while using the car for illegal purposes
- Damages caused while using a private car for a commercial purpose
TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
The TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance policy has the following benefits:
- Provides complete protection to the car as well as the passengers
- Provides third-party damage protection
- Provides the option of purchasing add-ons over the base policy
- Easy and fast claim settlement
- Customizable policy that suits the needs of the car insurance policyholder
- Also covers own car damages in the event of an accident
TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance Review
The TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance is a reliable policy that would protect you when you face burdening financial crunch. In addition, it would cover possible lawsuit expenses if needed. It also covers third-party damages so that you do not face the financial load when incurring costs. The company also offers excellent assistance during policy renewals and claim settlements.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
1. What is the limitation of buying a TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance policy?
The only major limitation of this policy is that the premium can sometimes be higher than the cost incurred in the accident. This can increase the financial burden of the policyholder rather than decrease it.
2. I bought my car seven years ago. Would it be beneficial to buy zero depreciation cover as an add-on over my base TATA AIG comprehensive policy?
A zero depreciation cover is only suitable for less than five years old cars.
3. Is it illegal to drive my car in India with just a TATA AIG comprehensive policy?
You can drive your vehicle in India with a comprehensive policy, including a third-party insurance, which is a must.
4. Can I buy a roadside assistance cover along with my TATA AIG comprehensive car insurance?
Yes, you have the option to purchase the roadside assistance cover as an add-on with your TATA AIG comprehensive insurance car.
5. Is it mandatory to buy a compulsory personal accident cover with my base policy?
Yes, it is mandatory to buy a CPA cover with your base car insurance policy.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More
The benefits of 'Pay as You Drive Car Insurance' are numerous. This article aims to provide you with an unders...Read More
Telematics car insurance is a contemporary and technologically advanced system using which you pay the premium...Read More
The trend of CNG cars in India is increasing rapidly as people want to save on expenses on fuel and join hands...Read More