Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Shriram Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. How many add-on covers does the Shriram General Car Insurance Company offer?
Shriram General Car Insurance policy offers the following add-on covers:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Daily Reimbursement
- Return to Invoice
- Personal Belongings:
- Emergency Transport and Hotel Expense
- Key Replacement
- Multicar Rebate
2. What is the incurred claim ratio of the Shriram General Insurance Company?
The incurred claim ratio of the Shriram General Insurance Company is 69%
3. How can I check my Shriram General Insurance Car Claim status online?
Customers can check their car claim status online by visiting the official website at https://www.shriramgi.com/insurance-claim-status-online.html . Enter the required details and all the details of the car claim shall be displayed on your screen.
4. How can I download my Shriram General Insurance Car Policy Document Online?
Customers can download their Shriram General Insurance Car Policy from the official website. Just click on https://www.shriramgi.com/Motor_Policy_Pdf.html from here you can easily download the PDF version of the car insurance policy.
5. How long does the Shriram General Insurance Company Limited take to process and settle car insurance claims?
The car insurance claim will be settled within 7 days from the date of submission of all the required documents.
6. Does the Shriram General Insurance Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, Shriram General Insurance Company does not offer a pay-as-you-drive car insurance feature.
1. Is it possible to renew my Shriram car insurance policy using an app?
You can renew your Shriram car insurance coverage on your smartphone or other smart devices by using the Shriram insurance app.
2. What happens if I do not renew my Shriram vehicle insurance coverage within the specified duration?
If you do not renew your policy on time, you will need to do so within 90 days of the policy expiry date. Failing to do so will result in a policy getting lapsed. You will then need to buy a new policy whose premium will be greater.
3. When should I renew my Shriram car insurance?
It would be beneficial if you renew your existing Shriram policy within the time frame specified by your insurer. This will help keep NCB and other benefits intact.
4. Is it possible to modify my policy before it expires?
Yes, you can update your auto insurance policy by adding or cancelling add-ons or other modifications on the renewal date. But such modifications will also depend on the permission from Shriram.. Shriram car insurance policies can be altered prior to policy renewal.
5. Which should you use for Shriram car insurance renewal - online or offline process?
The mode of Shriram car insurance renewal is up to you and your convenience. Both options are equally excellent when it comes to service and timely responses from Shriram.
1. Can I file a Shriram car insurance claim using my smartphone or other mobile device?
Yes, you can use the Shriram insurance app on your smartphone or device to register a Shriram car insurance claim.
2. What is the insured declared value in Shriram car insurance ?
The insured declared value (IDV) is the market value of the car payable while raising Shriram car insurance claim. However, Shriram would deduct the depreciation amount that will apply to various car parts.
3. Is it necessary to file a claim if my automobile sustains minor damage in an accident?
It is best to save your claims for major damages. This would assist you in obtaining the NCB, resulting in premium discounts on renewal.
4. Where are the repair garages registered with Shriram?
You can find a list of Shriram-registered repair garages on the company's official website. Cashless claims can be made at any of these garages.
5. What exactly is a surveyor?
A surveyor is someone who inspects the damaged vehicle and verifies the legitimacy of the policyholder's claim.
1. What is the Shriram car insurance toll-free number?
Shriram Insurance's toll-free number is 1800-3000-6116, which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for client queries and other services. However, the number could change with time, so you are advised to refer to the insurance company’s website too for authentication.
2. Is it possible for me to make modifications to my Shriram car insurance policy document in person?
Yes, you can go to the local Shriram car insurance branch office and inquire about making modifications to your policy document.
3. Who was in charge of the E-Vahan Bima service?
The E-Vahan Bima service is governed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). With this, you can check the details of your Shriram car insurance policy. document.
4. What are some of the details to be checked before finalizing the Shriram car insurance policy document?
The following details must be examined on an automobile insurance policy document:
- Type of insurance
- Policy number
- Policy terms and conditions
- Premium payment term
- Policy duration
- Personal information
- Car specifications
5. What if I misplace my hard copy of Shriram vehicle insurance policy?
If you misplace your policy document, you can redownload it from your email address. You can also repeat the process of obtaining the hard copy described above.
Add On Covers
1. Will I lose my Shriram car insurance NCB if I file a minor damage claim?
Yes, filing a claim for minor damages will prevent you from receiving a no claim bonus (NCB) from Shriram.
2. What exactly is covered by the loss of Shriram car insurance personal belongings rider?
The personal belongings rider would cover the loss of items such as clothing, audio and video CDs, etc.
3. How much extra premium shall I need to pay for Shriram car insurance add-on covers?
The extent of the extra premium will depend purely on the policy wordings you get from Shriram while purchasing its car insurance policy.
4. Does Shriram car insurance have a zero-depreciation rider for older vehicles?
A 0% depreciation cover is not available for vehicles more than five years old.
5. Can I add more coverage to my Shriram third-party auto insurance policy?
Add-ons to a third-party car insurance coverage are not available.
1. Are electronic accessories covered available in Shriram Finance comprehensive car insurance?
Yes, you will have the electric and electronic accessories covered at Shriram comprehensive by paying a little extra premium.
2. Can I change my policy from another insurer to Shriram Finance comprehensive car insurance?
Yes, at the time of policy renewal, you can change your insurer to Shriram Finance and buy comprehensive policy.
3. Is there any availability of a mobile app for paying my Shriram Finance comprehensive car insurance premium?
You can download "MY SGI" from the play store on your mobile and pay using that.
4. How is a Shriram Finance comprehensive car insurance premium calculated?
It depends upon the below factors-
- IDV of your car
- Territorial Area
- Car's age
- Engine cubic capacity of the car
1. How is the premium amount for Shriram third-party car insurance calculated?
The premium amount is calculated based on the below factors-
- Car’s age
- Engine’s cubic capacity
- Territorial area
- Insured declared value
2. Can I get a representative from Shriram insurance for third-party claim settlement in court?
Yes, you can request a representation from the insurance company for settlement in the courts.No, you cannot include add-on covers to your basic third-party car insurance policy.
3. Can I renew my Shriram third-party car insurance?
Yes. In fact, you should apply for renewal a few days before your original policy expires.
4. Can I still get third-party insurance coverage from Shriram if someone was driving my car in my place?
Even if someone else was driving your car, you would still be eligible to file for the claim.
5. Can I get a no claim bonus in a Shriram third-party car insurance plan?
No, a third-party does not offer the facility of a no claim bonus (NCB). But moreover, it is a fundamental policy that an owner must obtain to comply with the regulatory requirements.
1. Is it possible to add zero depreciation car insurance to my existing Shriram third-party car insurance policy?
A zero depreciation cover cannot be purchased in addition to third-party car insurance.
2. Should customers who buy costly cars get zero depreciation insurance from Shriram?
Yes, automobile owners with high-end vehicles must purchase this coverage because they are more likely to face greater expenses in the event of an accident owing to depreciation.
3. Can I get a Shriram zero dep cover for my five-year old car??
More than five-year-old autos acquired offline are also eligible for 0% depreciation.
4. Is fibreglass depreciation covered under Shriram zero depreciation auto insurance?
Yes, a zero depreciation car insurance add-on would cover fibreglass depreciation.
5. Can I renew my Shriram Car Insurance policy online?
You can renew your Shriram Car insurance coverage online.
1. Is it sufficient to purchase a Shriram standalone car insurance policy for my vehicle?
Even if you have a standalone car insurance policy of Shriram, you will still need to buy a third-party liability cover, which is mandatory to buy as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. But buying Shriram comprehensive car insurance covering third-party liabilities as well as own damage is recommended.
2. How does the make and model of my automobile affect my Shriram car insurance premium?
If you purchase an expensive high-end car, your premiums would be high and vice versa. This is because a high-priced car model would incur substantial costs in the event of an accident. In exchange for such tall costs, Shriram will charge a greater premium for you to pay.
3. In my city, I live in a very crowded area. Would I have to pay exorbitant charges for my Shriram auto insurance ?
People who live in highly populated places are more likely to be involved in accidents and mishaps. Insurance companies, such as Shriram, take this into account when determining the premium amount for such policyholders. The higher the likelihood of accidents, the higher the premiums.
4. Will a Shriram standalone car insurance policy cover my car if it is totaled?
In the event of a total and irreparable loss of the vehicle, the Shriram standalone car insurance would cover all the policyholder's related expenses.
5. How can I renew my Shriram standalone car insurance policy?
A Shriram standalone car insurance policy can be renewed easily online. You’ve got so many options to choose from, including net banking, UPI, wallet, debit card, credit card, etc. And if you wish to do it offline, you can do that as well by cash, cheque or demand draft.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Buying a car insurance policy requires thorough research about different insurance and inclusions. Read on to ...Read More
Do you have an old car but don't know if you should get comprehensive insurance? Check out this guide to know ...Read More
To avoid financial constraints, if your car gets stolen, you must invest in the right kind of policy that can ...Read More
Planning to buy a Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance and are not sure what it entails? Read on to know more.Read More
Thinking of purchasing a vehicle insurance policy from Universal Sompo car insurance? Keep reading this exhaus...Read More
The Indian consumer remains spoilt for choice regarding car insurance options. However, a few things to keep i...Read More
Third-party insurance policy offers protection from financial liabilities that may come your way if your car a...Read More