Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
HDFC ERGO Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without two wheeler number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Highlights
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., India’s premier Housing Finance Institution and ERGO International AG. Key highlights of its insurance offering are- • 8562+ network garages • Digital survey for vehicle claims • 96% within one day ""cashless claim settlement"" • Overnight vehicle Repairs (available for cars in 16 cities) • Paperless claim processing
Claim Settlement Ratio
Available upto Rs 20,000 via self survey and upto Rs 50,000 via workshop survey
Available upto Rs 20,000 via self survey and upto Rs 50,000 via workshop survey
A standalone or own damage insurance policy offers financial protection against the vehicular damages incurred on your vehicle because of your negligence or by other means. It is not mandatory to avail of this insurance policy under the Motor Vehicles Act, but it is the only policy that offers the protective cover solely for the policyholder. If you damage your bike by involuntary means, then you do not have to worry about repair costs of the vehicle; standalone bike insurance will take care of it.
HDFC ERGO Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
The standalone policy of HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance is curated to provide the protective cover to the policyholders. After availing of this policy, the insured person gets compensation for the mishaps to their own vehicle, including thefts or any other act of vandalism. Those policyholders who have purchased third-party bike insurance or do not wish to purchase comprehensive bike insurance can purchase this policy.
HDFC ERGO Standalone Bike Insurance vs. HDFC ERGO Third Party Bike Insurance Vs. HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Differences between the HDFC ERGO standalone bike insurance, HDFC ERGO third-party bike insurance, and HDFC ERGO comprehensive bike insurance are mentioned below in the tabular format:
|HDFC ERGO Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance Policy||HDFC ERGO Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance Policy||HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy|
|The protective cover is offered only for the damage faced by the policyholder.||The protective cover is offered only for the damage faced by the third party.||The protective cover is offered for the damage incurred by the policyholder as well as the third-party.|
|There are add-on covers that you can purchase with HDFC ERGO standalone two-wheeler insurance policy.||You cannot purchase any add-on covers with HDFC ERGO third-party two- wheeler insurance policy.||You can opt to add multiple add-on covers along with your base HDFC ERGO comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy.|
|It is slightly more expensive than third-party car insurance but cheaper than comprehensive bike insurance.||It is the cheapest amongst the all-other insurance covers offered by HDFC ERGO.||It is the most expensive insurance policy offered by HDFC ERGO as it covers both parties involved in the mishap.|
|Optional to buy||Mandatory to buy||Optional to buy|
What All is Covered Under HDFC ERGO Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
The following things are covered under the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy:
- All types of accidents or collisions inflict damage on the bike of the policyholders.
- Arson, explosion, or the fire that damaged the two-wheeler of the policyholder.
- Theft of the vehicle is covered under the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy.
- If the vehicle is damaged beyond repairs, it is also covered under this policy.
- All the damages inflicted on the vehicle because of the manmade problems or the natural calamities are covered under this insurance policy.
What All is not Included Under HDFC ERGO Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
The following things are not covered under the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy:
- Any mechanical or electrical breakdown of the vehicle is not covered under this bike insurance.
- If you were driving your vehicle without any proper driving licence at the time of the accident, you do not receive any compensation.
- Depreciation of the vehicle will be deducted at the time of the claim settlement from the insurer.
- If any damage is incurred on the vehicle outside the 100 kilometer geographical jurisdiction of your vehicle registration
HDFC ERGO Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Benefits
Following is the list of benefits that you avail yourself with the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy:
- HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy is the only insurance that offers financial protection to the policyholder.
- You get financial protection against a wide array of the scenarios such as road accidents, thefts, acts of vandalism, arsons, and other damages.
- For every year that you go claim-free, you get a No claim bonus.
- There are many add-on covers to choose from to customize your policy even further for your suiting.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
HDFC ERGO Standalone Bike Insurance FAQs
1. Can I purchase HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy online?
Yes, you can purchase HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy online, by visiting the official website of the HDFC ERGO.
2. What add-on covers can I purchase with the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy?
Following are the add-on covers that you can purchase along with the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy:
- Zero deprecation cover
- Return to invoice cover
- Roadside assistance cover
- Engine and protection cover
- NCB protection cover
3. How does the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy work?
This policy provides all the benefits to the policyholders. The premiums under this policy will be slightly lower than the comprehensive insurance. You also get to choose between the add-on covers. If you have already purchased the third-party insurance and want something that will protect you as well. You can then opt for standalone insurance without having to surrender your third-party insurance.
4. When will I get my standalone insurance policy document?
After the purchase of the policy and paying the premium amount, you will get the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy document online on your registered email ID. You can also ask the insurer to send you the hard copy of the document that will be home delivered to you. Or you can also download the policy document from the official website of HDFC ERGO.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
It's All About Selecting No-claim Bonus (NCB) During Bike In...
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewal of IFFCO-Tokio Two-wheeler Insurance Online: A Compr...
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
Steps to Claim Reliance Bike Insurance
It's a big relief if you have someone who will cover all your financial losses that may incur in the future du...Read More
Steps to Claim Bike Insurance at HDFC Ergo
All bike insurance policyholders expect an easy and hassle-free claiming facility from their bike insurance co...Read More
Off-road Bike Insurance: All You Need to Know
Youngsters in India are very adventurous and love to do off-road riding. It is always advisable to purchase bi...Read More
Different Types of Bike Insurance and Its Variants
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Bike Insurance: Should You Buy It from Bike Dealers?
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Everything You Need to Know About Acko Bike Insurance Before...
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More
Bike Insurance Premium for 125cc Engine
Bike insurance varies because of many factors, and one among them is bike capacity. Know the insurance policy ...Read More