Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Kotak Car Insurance Highlights
Kotak General Insurance, a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd., offers a wide range of non-life insurance products such as vehicle insurance, health insurance, etc, to tap into the emerging protection needs. Its strong management practices and a team of experienced professionals have allowed it to insure 45 lakh+ customers till September 2021.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Intro to Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Kotak Mahindra General Insurance company is one of the leading general insurance companies. It is a 100% subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited. The general insurance wing was established to cater to the needs of customers of the non-life insurance segment. The company deals with a wide range of non-life insurance products like Motor Insurance, Car Insurance, Two Wheeler Insurance, Health Insurance, Home Insurance, and Commercial Insurance. The company has designed an array of products as per the needs and requirements of the customers. The company has state-of-the-art digital and technological infrastructure for offering services to its customers.
Types of Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Car insurance is one of the most important insurance covers that helps to cover the damages caused to the car in the event of an accident or damage. Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Limited understands the need and importance of complete insurance coverage to secure your car. Kotak Mahindra has designed one type of car insurance product that takes care of all the needs and requirements of all-round protection for car and therefore have designed a comprehensive private car insurance product that takes care of damages caused to the third-party vehicle and to the damages caused to own vehicle.
Benefits of Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Availing Kotak Mahindra car insurance policy is advantageous as it is one of the best car insurance policy available in the market. The following are the various benefits that can be enjoyed by purchasing a Kotak Mahindra car insurance policy
- Damage Cover: The insurance policy is designed to provide cover for car damage either partially or completely caused due to any natural calamities like fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake, flood, etc or damages caused due to man-made calamities like burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accident, etc.
- Personal Accident Cover: Under the Personal Accident Cover, if the owner of the car meets with an accident and gets injured while driving the car then the insurance provider secures such incidents. Additionally, this cover is also extended even if the owner is traveling as a co-driver in the insured vehicle. Moreover, the personal accident cover protection is also extended to other passengers traveling in the car, provided the number of passengers is limited to the carrying capacity of the car, excluding the driver
- Third-Party Legal Liability: Car third party liability coverage is an important aspect of a car insurance policy. This cover is designed to everybody safe, Kotak Car Secure car insurance policy is designed to provide coverage for any damage caused to third-party vehicle/property and third-party bodily injury or death caused by an accident involving the insured vehicle
- Comprehensive Cover: The car insurance comprehensive cover provides complete protection to failures related to all electrical and non-electrical accessories as well as bi-fuel systems of the vehicle.
- Enhanced Protection: Customer can enhance their insurance protection by adding add-ons to the base policy. These add-ons can be added by paying additional premium amount. Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company offers a range of add-ons to enhance insurance protection.
- No Claim Bonus: If a customer has a history of no claim history then he/she is eligible for an attractive No Claim Bonus (NCB). The amount of NCB increases with each claim-free year up to a maximum of 50%. Kindly note, you will be eligible for the No Claim Bonus only if the insurance policy is renewed within 90 days of the previous policy’s expiry date.
What is Covered in Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance?
The Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Policy covers the following damages and offers security against
Cover for any Partial or Total Loss or Damage to the vehicle
- Caused due to natural calamities like fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, etc.
- Caused due to man-made calamities such as burglary, theft, riot, strike, etc.
Cover against Personal Accident
- Caused to the vehicle owner while driving the vehicle or being present in the vehicle as co-driver
Cover against Third-Party Legal Liability
This policy is designed to cover the damages or liability caused to the third party because of:
- Damage due to an accident.
- Bodily injury or death caused due to an accident.
With this cover, the damages caused to Electrical/Non-electrical accessories and bi-fuel systems of the vehicle
What is not Covered in Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance?
Exclusions are a list of things that are not covered under the Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Plan. Understanding the exclusions is important to avoid unpleasant denial of claim at the time of claim processing. The exclusions do not cover for the loss or damage caused to the vehicle or accessories by the following:
- Normal wear, tear caused due to general aging of the vehicle.
- Depreciation losses.
- Vehicle used over and above to the limitations mentioned.
- Vehicle breakdown caused due to Mechanical and electrical problems.
- Any contractual liability.
- Damage caused to or by a person driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs.
- Damage caused to or by a person driving the vehicle without a valid driving license.
- Damages caused due to nuclear risk or war, etc.
How to Apply For Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Plan
If you wish to buy or apply for a Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Plan you can purchase the car insurance policy in two ways namely:
- Offline Channel – Under an offline channel a customer can buy the car insurance policy by visiting the nearest branch office of Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Limited or approach agents.
- Online Channel – Online channel allows customers to purchase the policy within minutes from their laptop/mobile/computer that too without leaving the comfort of their home.
Customers can choose any channel of their choice and convenience to purchase the Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Plan. For purchasing the car insurance plan customer need to submit some required relevant documents and upon processing payment and document verification the insurance provider will issue the car insurance policy to the customer.
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Claim Process
The Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Claim Process is seamless and easy. Customers can register and process the car insurance claim process in two manners namely
- Cashless Claim Process
- Call Kotak Mahindra on 1 800 266 4545 between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to intimate the insurance provider about claim registration. Additionally the customer need to convey all the details of car insurance policy
- Upon registering claim you shall receive a claim reference number
- For successful registration of claim the customer is required to submit the relevant documents like Driving License, RC Copy, and Policy FIR Copy, in accordance with the Policy terms and conditions
- The insurance company will arrange for an inspection of the damaged vehicle within 24 hours if a claim is reported on a working day, while the inspection will happen on the next working day if the claim is reported on a Sunday or a public holiday
- Up on cashless facility confirmation, the customer can get vehicle at a preferred network garage, while the payment will be made directly by the insurance company to the garage
In case of claim reimbursement process the customer need to follow the below given steps:
- Call Kotak Mahindra Insurance company on 1 800 266 4545 between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and intimate the company about the claim along with the details of your policy
- Submit all the bills of incurred expenses along with the policy details to the insurance company
- Upon submission of the bills the insurance company shall credit the claim payment within 7 (working) days of completion of documentation
How to Renew Your Lapsed/Expired Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Policy Online
Renewing Car insurance policy is important else you will lose seamless insurance protection to your vehicle against damages. Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company offers a seamless platform for easy and quick premium payment of insurance policy. Renewal of car insurance policy with Kotak Mahindra is simple, quick, and hassle-free just by entering existing policy numbers or customer IDs, customers can easily renew their online car insurance policy. Within minutes when your policy number/customer ID is verified, the premium payment transaction shall be successful and insurance renewal will be done instantly. For renewal of expired car insurance policy the customer must take quick actions and submit the following documents at the earliest and get the expired policy renewed:
- Duly filled proposal form
- Copy of previous year’s car insurance policy
- Copy of RC Book
- KYC documents of the car owner
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Review
The Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Policy is one of the best car insurance policies in India. This is a comprehensive insurance plan that covers the damages to your own vehicle as well as third-party liability whether damage to car/accessories or bodily injury/death. The renewal process is simple and hassle-free while the claim settlement process is quick and stress-free. The company offers 24*7 customer support to resolve customer queries and work towards complete customer satisfaction. Therefore, all these reasons make Kotak Mahindra's car insurance plan a must buy car insurance policy.
Kotak Mahindra Insurance Customer Care Number
In case, customers need to contact the customer care department of Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Limited there are various ways to do so. Customers can reach the customer care department in the following manner:
- By writing to the department, for this the correspondence address is as under: 8th Floor, Zone IV, Kotak Infinity, Bldg. 21, Infinity IT Park, Off WEH, Gen. AK Vaidya Marg, Dindoshi, Malad (E), Mumbai – 400097. India
- To contact through Telephone customers, need to dial the toll-free number - 1800 266 4545
- Customers can also E-Mail their queries to the customer care department by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information, customers can reach the official Website of the company by visiting the site at:
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More