Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Universal Sompo Bike Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without two wheeler number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Universal Sompo two-wheeler insurance claim settlement is a seamless process with a robust support system’s assistance. The insurer assures claim settlement in three steps in a digital environment with a customer-first approach. No wonder Universal Somp’so two-wheeler insurance “Claim Settlement Ratio” is a healthy 90.78% during 2019-2020. Their two-wheeler insurance coverage is extensive, shielding you and your dream bike from natural and human-engineered road perils and disasters. That brings us to explore all the possibilities and processes to understand their claim settlement mechanism for an optimal experience.
Universal Sompo Bike Insurance Claim Settlement - List of Documents Required
One of the crucial aspects of claiming Universal Sompo bike insurance is furnishing the proper documents depending on the claim type. However, the primary documents remain uniform across all claims, with a few additional for specific situations.
- Copy of the policy document
- Duly filled in and signed Universal Sompo two-wheeler claim form
- Copy of the Registration Certificate (RC)
- Repair invoice in original for cashless claim
- Repair estimate, repair invoice, and payment receipts for reimbursement claims
- Driving licence on the individual meeting an accident
- Additional documents -
- Accident: Copy of the Police FIR
- Theft: Copy of the Police FIR Filled forms 26, 28, 29, 30, and 35 duly signed Original keys Final police confirmation certifying “No Trace Report” Intimation at the relevant RTO and transfer papers
- Third-party Claim: Police FIR copy
Universal Sompo Bike Insurance - How to Claim Online?
You already know that the prerequisite for lodging the Universal Sompo two-wheeler insurance claim intimation is paperless. So, let us learn the steps to navigate until its settlement.
Claim Intimation: You can use the following to intimate the claim stating facts about the incident as prompted on their website.
- Official Website: www.universalsompo.com
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free Numbers: 1800 22 4030 and 1800 200 4030,
- Other Telephone Numbers: +91 22 27 63 9800 and +91 22 39133700
Surveyor Appointment: The insurer assigns a surveyor to visit the spot and evaluate the loss or damage. Submit the required documents at this point for approval and confirmation of liability.
Claim Appraisal and Settlement:
- Carry the damaged vehicle to the nearest Universal Sompo network garage for repairs or ask for their towing service.
- The insurer settles the bill for the cashless option.
- On the other hand, in case of reimbursement, the insurer reimburses the cost on submission of the estimate, invoice, and payment receipt
- Vehicle delivery for driving home.
Universal Sompo Cashless Bike Insurance - How to Make Claim?
The most convenient option for Universal Sompo two-wheeler insurance claim settlement is seeking cashless repairs at their network garages. Accordingly, adhere to the following steps for a seamless experience.
- Step 1: Notify the insurer online immediately after the incident using any means like their portal, email, or phone.
- Step 2: Register the claim using the Universal Sompo two-wheeler insurance claim form seeking the following information:
- Contact number
- Policy number
- Date and time of the incident
- Brief description
- Location of incident
- Loss extent
- Step 3: The surveyor inspects the vehicle, evaluates the loss, and collects the requisite documents.
- Step 4: The surveyor approves the final bill after factoring in depreciation and compulsory deductibles per the policy terms and conditions before generation. The insurer settles the bill directly with the garage once the repair is complete, and you are free to drive your two-wheeler home.
Universal Sompo Reimbursement Bike Insurance - How to Make Claim?
The Universal Sompo bike insurance claim process for reimbursement is similar to the cashless in every aspect minus the settlement. Accordingly, the cashless steps from 1 to 3 are identical. Only the settlement part varies as you submit the original repair estimate, invoice, and payment receipt to the insurer for verification after paying the expenses from your pocket. After approval, the insurer will reimburse the amount to you after factoring in the defined depreciation and compulsory deductibles.
Universal Sompo Bike Insurance Claim Rejection - Common Reasons
It is in your interest to know the reasons for repudiation of Universal Sompo’s two-wheeler insurance claim to prevent its occurrence. The critical reasons are:
- Fraudulent claim registration
- Misrepresentation of facts
- Inadequate information to assess the claim
- Act of negligence while driving the two-wheeler
- Delay in claim intimation
- Driving without a valid licence or under the influence of intoxicants
Universal Sompo No Claim Bonus
The no claim bonus allows you to renew the Universal Sompo two-wheeler insurance policy at a reduced premium. The no-claim bonus is an incentive offered by the insurer to promote safe driving practices. Accordingly, you earn the bonus in percentages for every claim-free year up to 50% by the fifth year.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Universal Sompo Bike Insurance Claim FAQs
1. Is there any limit for Universal Sompo’s two-wheeler insurance claim during the policy term?
Universal Sompo permits any number of claims during the policy term subject to the conditions of the two-wheeler insurance policy.
2. How do you check the Universal Sompo two-wheeler insurance claim status?
You can check the claim status online at the Universal Sompo website by feeding the requisite information in the “Track Status,” including the claim registration number.
3. How much is the financial liability for third-party property loss under Universal Sompo’s two-wheeler insurance policy?
The insurer’s maximum liability for third-party property loss is INR 7.5 lakh.
4. What are the options for a two-wheeler insurance policy tenure at Universal Sompo?
You can purchase Universal Sompo’s two-wheeler insurance policy for one, two, and three-year terms. And, for five years in case of first-time buyers.
5. Where do you get the Universal Sompo two-wheeler insurance claim form?
You get the Universal Sompo two-wheeler insurance claim form in the insurance kit, or you can download it from their website.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
It's All About Selecting No-claim Bonus (NCB) During Bike In...
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewal of IFFCO-Tokio Two-wheeler Insurance Online: A Compr...
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
Steps to Claim Reliance Bike Insurance
It's a big relief if you have someone who will cover all your financial losses that may incur in the future du...Read More
Steps to Claim Bike Insurance at HDFC Ergo
All bike insurance policyholders expect an easy and hassle-free claiming facility from their bike insurance co...Read More
Off-road Bike Insurance: All You Need to Know
Youngsters in India are very adventurous and love to do off-road riding. It is always advisable to purchase bi...Read More
Different Types of Bike Insurance and Its Variants
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Bike Insurance: Should You Buy It from Bike Dealers?
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Everything You Need to Know About Acko Bike Insurance Before...
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More
Bike Insurance Premium for 125cc Engine
Bike insurance varies because of many factors, and one among them is bike capacity. Know the insurance policy ...Read More