Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Highlights
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., India’s premier Housing Finance Institution and ERGO International AG. Key highlights of its insurance offering are- • 8562+ network garages • Digital survey for vehicle claims • 96% within one day ""cashless claim settlement"" • Overnight vehicle Repairs (available for cars in 16 cities) • Paperless claim processing
Claim Settlement Ratio
Available upto Rs 20,000 via self survey and upto Rs 50,000 via workshop survey
Available upto Rs 20,000 via self survey and upto Rs 50,000 via workshop survey
Insurance is essential if you are a vehicle owner. It becomes mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act to avail yourself of at least third-party insurance, however, the benefits that you get under it are limited. Comprehensive insurance provides you with full coverage and multiple other benefits that you get along with it.
HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy is a compact all-in-one policy that provides a financial protective cover not only to the third party against physical or vehicular damages but also protects you against the damages incurred to your vehicle as well as third-party legal liabilities.
How does HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Work?
When you opt to buy HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy, you can customize it as per your requirements. You can choose add-on covers, choose premium payment frequency, and much more. There are multiple policies under the HDFC ERGO bike insurance catering to the different bike owners.
HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance vs HDFC ERGO Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance
Following is the tabular representation of the distinction between comprehensive and third-party two-wheeler insurance.
|HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance||HDFC ERGO Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance|
|Under this policy, liabilities are covered for both the third-party and the policyholder.||Under this policy liabilities only cover third-party.|
|Because of the compact nature of the policy, the premiums of the policy are slightly higher.||On account of the limited protection, the premiums are lower.|
|This policy is not mandatory for vehicle owners.||It is mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act.|
|Policyholders can choose between the multiple add-on covers.||Policyholders can not avail of add-on cover under this policy.|
How to Buy HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Following are the steps that will allow you to purchase the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy online:
- Visit the official website of the HDFC ERGO.
- Navigate through the website for the insurance purchase.
- You can opt to fill in with the bike registration number or without it.
- Fill in all the essential information such as the brand and the variant of the vehicle.
- Select the RTO city in which the vehicle is registered.
- Fill in the registration year.
- You will receive the tentative quotation from the HDFC ERGO.
- Choose HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy.
- You can opt to add in additional cover as per your suitability and settle IDV.
- You will get the final premium amount.
- Make the payment either via net banking or through credit or debit card.
- After the payment transaction, you will receive insurance papers via registered email ID.
What All is Covered Under HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Following are the benefits you avail yourself after you purchase the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy:
- Accidents: Damages incurred to your vehicle or you or the third party are all covered in this policy.
- Fire Hazards: Damages are caused by the fire hazards such as arson or explosion.
- Theft: Theft of the two-wheeler or the damages incurred while in the process of the theft.
- Calamities: Damages are caused by natural/man-made calamities such as floods, storms, cyclones, earthquakes, riots, strikes, etc.
- Third-party Liability: Financial protection as well as legal protection against third-party liabilities.
- Personal Accident Coverage: All the damages incurred to you, especially any physical damage is covered under the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy.
What All is not Included Under HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
The following things are not included in the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy:
- Depreciation: Damages that arise after the continuous usage of the vehicle are not covered.
- Breakdown: Any electrical or mechanical breakdown in the vehicle is not covered under the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy.
- Illegal Driving: If your vehicle incurs any damage or damages third-party vehicle or property while driving without a proper licence or any valid documentation, then those damages are not covered under the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy.
- Intoxication: If you or driver while driving the vehicle is under the influence of any intoxication such as drugs or alcohol, your insurance company will reject your claim.
HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Benefits
- You can easily purchase HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy simply by visiting the website.
- HDFC ERGO has a quick and hassle-free claim settlement process.
- You can opt to purchase additional add-ons to customize your HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy.
- After the purchase of the bike insurance policy, you avail cashless claim facility.
- HDFC ERGO provides 24*7 customer service to all the policyholders.
HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Review
HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy is an all-inclusive policy, that offers you multiple additional benefits along with the base policy specifications. All the reviews are testimonials from the consumers of the HDFC ERGO that are positive and are an indicator of the excellent service provided by the insurer.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Bike Insurance FAQs
1. What is the claim settlement ratio of HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy?
The claim settlement ratio of the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy is 91.23% in the financial year 2020.
2. What is the toll-free number of the HDFC ERGO?
HDFC ERGO assures its customers of the 24*7 customer service. Policyholders or new consumers can dial 022-6234-6234 for any policy-related issue or inquiry.
3. What are the documents I need to submit to avail HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy?
For the ease and the comfort of the consumers, they are not required to provide any further documentation while availing HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy After making a claim, you need to show your policy papers, that you will get online after the purchase.
4. What is the term duration for the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy?
For the new vehicle, the term of the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy is of 3 years.
5. Is personal accident cover part of all HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy?
Adhering to the compliance of the Motor Vehicle Act all insurers must provide personal accident cover to the policyholder after the purchase of any insurance policy. However, a few insurers include this cover with the policy. While on the other, in majority of cases, the policyholder has to compulsory buy it separately along with their policy.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Electric bikes are gradually becoming safer and environmentally friendlier substitutes for fuel-based bikes. A...Read More
Whether you are a buyer or seller of a bike in India, you must know how to transfer the bike insurance policy ...Read More
Are you wondering whether a 3rd party bike insurance is enough for your two-wheeler? We answer this in this gu...Read More
Insurance is mandatory for vehicles in India, but bike insurance is substantially less expensive than car insu...Read More
Before buying insurance from Oriental Insurance Company, check out these things and take a wise decision.Read More
To phase out old and unfit vehicles, the Vehicle Scrappage Policy 2021 was developed. In particular, it aims t...Read More