Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Universal Sompo Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
A car's market price decreases due to normal wear and tear over time, and it is called depreciation. It also decreases the claim amount as insurance companies deduct depreciation of various car parts at a certain percentage. However, if you choose to buy a zero depreciation cover from Universal Sompo, you will be covered for the depreciation of replaced or modified parts of the car. Of course, Universal Sompo will charge an extra premium for these benefits. But given the fast depreciation rate of cars, it won’t be bad to choose Universal Sompo car insurance zero depreciation cover. To know more about it, you can read this page further.
How does Universal Sompo Car Insurance Zero Depreciation Cover Work?
Zero depreciation add-on cover ensures protection against all damages caused to the car without factoring in depreciation. Although a standard Universal Sompo car insurance policy covers the losses in case your car gets damaged or stolen, the amount you receive as compensation comes after the deduction of applicable depreciation.
But, Universal Sompo car insurance zero depreciation cover provides you with the total compensation amount. You can avail of a zero depreciation add-on cover for your brand new four-wheeler and also at the time of policy renewal. You have to pay a little more than a third-party cover as your premium, but it is absolutely worth it.
Benefits of Universal Sompo Zero Depreciation Add on Cover
- The zero depreciation rider helps limit out-of-pocket expenses as the expenditure for depreciation is not accepted at the time of filing for a claim settlement without this add-on.
- It adds more value to the basic insurance coverage, and you have to invest almost nothing.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Cars with and without Zero Depreciation Add-on
|Age of the Car||Rate of Depreciation with Zero Depreciation Cover||Rate of Depreciation without Zero Depreciation Cover|
|Below 6 months||NIL||NIL|
|6 months to 1 year||5%|
|1 to 2 yrs||10%|
|2 to 3 yrs||15%|
|3 to 4 yrs||25%|
|4 to 5 yrs||35%|
|5 to 10 yrs||40%|
|Above 10 yrs||50%|
|Car Parts||Rate of Depreciation with Zero Depreciation cover||Rate of Depreciation without Zero Depreciation cover|
|Paint work /Rubber/plastic/ nylon parts, tires and tubes, batteries and airbags parts|
|Fibre glass parts||30%|
What is Included Under Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
- No depreciation is deducted from the coverage if your car gets damaged due to an accident.
- The insurance company is liable to pay the entire cost for replacing car parts
- 100% coverage for all rubber and metal, fibre parts without any deduction of depreciation.
What is not Included Under Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
It does not cover engine damage due to any type of oil leakages or water ingress. Breakdowns due to mechanical issues, oil changes or consumables are also not compensated. Under this Universal Sompo car insurance zero depreciation cover, you can make claims for a limited number of times in a policy year.
Factors Affecting Universal Sompo Zero Depreciation Cover
- The age of the car that you want to insure with this cover must not exceed three years.
- The depreciated value of the parts of your four-wheeler is replaced only.
- Universal Sompo car insurance zero depreciation cover provides higher coverage than a basic car insurance policy, and that is why its premium is relatively higher.
- Claims on zero depreciation car insurance can be made in certain cases to curb the number of claims for not-so-significant issues like dents in the car.
- It is especially recommended for owners of luxury cars or car owners who live in high-risk areas.
How to Buy Universal Sompo Zero Depreciation Cover Online?
- Log on to the official website of Universal Sompo General Insurance Company and select the 'buy' option.
- Fill in basic personal information and car-related details.
- An insurance quote will be provided.
- Online payment can be done through the website.
- Contact the customer care of Universal Sompo if you face any issues during the policy buying procedure.
This way, you can buy Universal Sompo car insurance zero depreciation cover.
Universal Sompo Zero Depreciation Cover Review
It is easy to get financial assistance and coverage with the zero depreciation Universal Sompo car insurance plan. You will get great assistance from the customer care team.
Universal Sompo car insurance zero depreciation cover is high in lieu of low premiums.
One of the most convenient things is the payment procedure. Universal Sompo provides multiple payment options from which you can choose.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Zero Depreciation Car Insurance FAQs
1. How many zero depreciation claims can be filed during the tenure of a Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance policy?
During the policy tenure, only 2 zero depreciation claims can be filed with Universal Sompo.
2. What is the deductible amount for depreciation on wooden car parts in the case of Universal Sompo car insurance zero depreciation cover?
The age of the car determines the deductible amount for depreciation on wooden car parts. The depreciation rate in the first year is usually 5% and 10%, in the 2nd year. And it keeps on rising with each passing year.
3. Is Universal Sompo zero depreciation cover applicable to every mishap?
No, it does not work in cases of theft, constructive loss, and total loss of the insured vehicle.
4. How does a car’s age affect your zero depreciation cover?
The zero depreciation cover is applicable only for cars that are not more than five years old.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More