Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
TATA AIG Car Insurance Add on Covers
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
TATA AIG Car Insurance Highlights
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the Tata Group and the American International Group (AIG). Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited celebrated 20 years of service as on 2020, since it commenced operations on January 22, 2001. The company has made a mark in the industry by launching several innovative products and services over the years.
Claim Settlement Ratio
As a compulsory insurance policy for your car, you have to purchase a policy to safeguard your vehicle if it gets damaged. However, many types of car insurance policies have varying protective covers, which may not always provide complete protection in terms of financial and physical damages.
Add-on covers are a great way to ensure that your vehicle has increased security when you fall into an accident or collision. They are meant to add protection to your base policy. The TATA AIG car insurance add-on covers would be a great addition to your already secure policy. In addition, they would give you complete financial freedom and peace of mind while driving around in your vehicle.
TATA AIG- 12 Important Add-on Covers for Your Car Insurance Policy
The TATA AIG car insurance add-on covers that can be bought on top of your base plan are discussed below in detail.
- No-claim Bonus: No-Claim Bonus or NCB is a reward that is provided to a policyholder who has not filed a single claim after purchasing the car insurance policy. The TATA AIG car insurance NCB cover is meant for those people who, throughout the term of the policy, have not claimed for damages. This bonus is awarded to applaud the policyholder’s diligence and care while maintaining their car. You would receive this bonus for every claim-free year of your car insurance policy in the form of discounts. This can amount to a 50% discount on premium payments.
- Daily Allowance: The daily allowance TATA AIG car insurance add-on cover would be of great help when you do not have any transportation. This cover allows daily compensation to the policyholder for transportation expenses in the event of not having a car due to it being at the repair garage. People who meet with accidents and have to leave their vehicle at the garage face problems in transportation. This cover is for those times. A daily allowance cover is generally meant for cars in the repair garage for more than three days and can be extended up to 15 days in some instances.
- Roadside Assistance Cover: As the name suggests, this type add-on cover of TATA AIG car insurance is meant for times when you are stuck in an accident and require roadside assistance. This add-on covers expenses relating to charges incurred by the policyholder for towing and repairing their car. Costs arising from a flat tyre, extinguished battery key retrieval, etc., would also be covered under this add-on. You can buy this add-on to increase the coverage over your original policy.
- Repair of Parts: Under this cover, repairs relating to car parts are covered after being damaged. Glass, fiber, and rubber parts are generally not covered under other policies. This coverage would also not affect your chances to claim an NCB, only if filed once.
- Key Replacement: Another essential add-on is the critical replacement add-on by TATA AIG car insurance. It covers the expenses incurred due to replacing a lost car key. If your car keys have been stolen, this add-on cover will take care of the cost.
- Engine Secure: The engine protection cover protects your engine and its internal parts if they get damaged in an accident. People living in flood-prone areas must opt for this cover as it would take care of expenses incurred due to damages to the gearbox, transmission, and differential assembly.
- Emergency Expenses: Emergency transport and hotel expenses are also a beneficial add-on. It would help you in times when you are stranded in the middle of nowhere while your car has suffered a minor accident. This add-on would cover the transportation and hotel accommodation expenses.
- Tyre Secure: This add-on would provide coverage if your car's tyres and tubes suffer damage in an accident.
- Consumable Expenses: Car consumables such as gearbox, screws, nuts and bolts, lubricant, engine oil, etc., need to be replaced at the time of an accident. These are not covered under other policies. The consumable expenses add-on covers such expenses arising from consumable replacement.
- Zero Depreciation Cover: A zero depreciation cover provides coverage for the expenses incurred in an accident, despite the car's depreciated value. This way, the depreciation would also be covered under the claim, and the policyholder would not have to pay expenses out of their own pocket.
- Return to Invoice: Under this add-on, if your car has suffered irreparable damages and is in a state of complete loss, the insurance provider would cover all the expenses between the sum assured and the value of the car as per the invoice.
- Loss of Personal Belongings: If you have suffered a loss of personal belongings present in your car at the time of an accident, the loss of personal belongings add-on will reimburse you the amount.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
TATA AIG Car Insurance Add on Cover FAQs
1. Would I lose my NCB if I claim minor damages under TATA AIG car insurance?
Yes, claiming minor damages would also make you lose the chance of claiming a No-claim bonus from your insurance provider.
2. What all items are covered under TATA AIG loss of personal belongings car insurance add-on?
The loss of personal belongings add-on would cover the loss of things such as clothes, audio/video tapes, CDs, etc. It does not cover items like credit/debit card, watches, money, jewellery,etc.
3. Is it possible to use TATA AIG repair of parts car insurance add-on more than once?
You can use this add-on more than once. However, using it more than once may affect your chances of claiming an NCB on your policy.
4. Is TATA AIG zero depreciation car insurance add-on available for older cars?
If your car is more than 5years old, a zero depreciation cover would not be available for you.
5. Can I buy TATA AIG car insurance add-on cover over a third-party car insurance policy?
You cannot buy add-ons over a third-party car insurance policy.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More