Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
ICICI Lombard Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
When we purchase a vehicle, we naturally want to ensure its safety for a lifetime. Although cars are mainly depreciating assets, having zero dep car has become essential. One cannot always depend on public transport to travel from one place to another. Having your car gives you the freedom and flexibility to travel on your terms. With a car comes car insurance. Furthermore, the Indian government has made third-party insurance mandatory for all automobiles on Indian roadways.
How does ICICI Lombard Zero Depreciation Cover Work?
When you buy motor insurance, you naturally want to acquire the best coverage for your vehicle. Having a zero depreciation cover in your car insurance policy is one way of guaranteeing this. But do you know what precisely zero depreciation covers?
A zero depreciation cover, or nil depreciation or bumper to bumper insurance, is a type of add-on cover where the policyholder doesn’t have to pay for the car’s depreciated value during the insurance claim process. As we said earlier, cars are a depreciating asset, and car components are no different. The value of each part decreases over its lifetime. If you do not add zero depreciation cover to your insurance policy, the insurance provider will consider the decreased value of the vehicle and process the claim accordingly.
Benefits of ICICI Lombard Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover
The benefits of zero depreciation car coverage are as follows:
- It ensures that your insurance provider fully covers the repairs to your vehicle and the damaged replacement parts without deducting the depreciated cost of the components and the car.
- It also helps the policyholder reduce out-of-pocket expenses during the claim settlement process. Policyholders need not shell out extra money when raising a claim.
- If you are the owner of a brand new and expensive vehicle, the ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance policy can help you mitigate financial losses and provide an extra layer of protection.
- It also provides the vehicle owner/policyholder with peace of mind.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Car with and Without Zero Depreciation Add-on
This is the depreciation rate that happens over time as your vehicle gets older:
|Age of the Vehicle||% of Depreciation without Zero Depreciation Cover Add-on||% of Depreciation with Zero Depreciation Cover Add-on|
|Not exceeding 6 months||NIL||0%|
|More than 6 months but less than 1 year||5%||0%|
|More than 1 year but less than 2 years||10%||0%|
|More than 2 years but less than 3 years||15%||0%|
|More than 3 years but less than 4 years||25%||0%|
|More than 4 years but less than 5 years||35%||0%|
|More than 5 years but not more than 10 years||40%||0%|
|Exceeding 10 years||50%||0%|
The table below also shows the depreciation rate of various car components as set by the insurance regulator, The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
|Depreciable Vehicle Parts||% of Depreciation|
|Rubber, nylon, plastic parts, tyres, tubes, and batteries||50%|
|Fiberglass material components||30%|
|Wooden parts||5% (1st year), 10% (2nd year)|
What is Included Under an ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
- An insurance policy with a zero depreciation cover add-on will have a higher premium when compared to a basic third-party insurance policy or a comprehensive car insurance policy.
- The car and car components' depreciated value will not be deducted from the final claim amount during the claim process. The insurance provider will cover the whole amount.
- The ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance will also cover the cost of depreciated parts and components of the insured vehicle, such as tyres, batteries, rubber, nylon, fiberglass parts, etc.
What is not Included Under ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
The ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance policy does not cover:
- Damage caused due to normal wear and tear.
- It does not deduct the compulsory deductibles included in the vehicle insurance policy.
- The policyholder can file only a certain number of claims within a year.
- If the vehicle owner or driver is driving under the influence of intoxicating substances such as alcohol or drugs.
- If the vehicle's driver is driving without a valid driving licence/policy papers.
- Zero depreciation cover does not cover engine damage due to oil spillage or water infiltration.
- If the vehicle's age is more than 5 years old, the zero depreciation add-on feature is not covered.
Factors Affecting ICICI Lombard Zero Depreciation Cover
Various factors affect your ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance policy. These factors are as follows:
- Age of the vehicle: Your vehicle's age plays an essential part in deciding your insurance premium. Since the zero depreciation add-on is directly related to the aging of your car, your premium will be determined on the same. Most insurance companies, including ICICI Lombard, do not offer zero depreciation cover for cars above 5 years.
- The number of claims is also a deciding factor for your insurance policy premium.
- Model of the car: The type of car and the car manufacturer are also crucial while determining the zero depreciation cover insurance premium. The premium will be on the higher side if you own an expensive vehicle.
- When establishing the amount of your premium, insurance companies take into account a number of criteria. More expensive cities like Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, etc., will attract higher premiums. This is because every city is different, and so are the risks associated with them.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
ICICI Lombard Zero Depreciation Car Insurance FAQs
1. How to get ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance online?
You can select the zero depreciation add-on with your comprehensive car insurance policy, or you can apply for it when you renew your current policy on the ICICI Lombard website.
2. When is zero depreciation null and void?
If the vehicle driver is driving under the influence, not following traffic rules, or using the private vehicle for commercial purposes, then the zero depreciation claim is deemed null and void.
3. Who should opt for the ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance policy?
New vehicle owners, new drivers, luxury car owners, people driving in accident-prone areas, etc., are all the people who should opt for the zero depreciation cover.
4. My car is 7 years old, can I get ICICI Lombard car insurance with no depreciation?
Unfortunately, you cannot avail zero dep cover if your car is more than 5 years of age.
5. Do I get a no claim bonus (NCB) on my ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance?
Yes, policyholders can avail of NCB if they do not raise a single claim during their policy tenure. For every no-claim year, the NCB is accumulated, and the policyholder can enjoy a discount on various insurance costs and premiums.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More
The benefits of 'Pay as You Drive Car Insurance' are numerous. This article aims to provide you with an unders...Read More
Telematics car insurance is a contemporary and technologically advanced system using which you pay the premium...Read More
The trend of CNG cars in India is increasing rapidly as people want to save on expenses on fuel and join hands...Read More