Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
United India Bike Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. What discounts are available on the premium payable on United India two-wheeler insurance policy?
The following discounts are available on the premium amount of United India two-wheeler insurance plans:
- No claim bonus-
you can avail no claim bonus ranging from 20% to 50% of the premium amount depending on the number of the claim-free years. No claim bonus can be transferred from other insurance to United India two-wheeler insurance and vice versa.
- Discount for anti-theft devices-
A discount of up to 2.5 % on the OD component of the premium is allowed subject to a maximum of INR 200 if you install anti-theft devices on your vehicle.
- Automobile Association Membership Discount-
If you are a member of Automobile Association, then you can avail a discount of 5% on the premium amount on own damages subject to a maximum of INR 50 for motorised two-wheelers only and INR 200 from private vehicles.
Additional discount on the OD premium is allowed on the vehicle which is specially designed or modified for blind, handicapped and mentally challenged persons.
- No claim bonus-
2. What are the add-ons available with United India two-wheeler insurance?
Add-on is additional coverage which helps you to enhance and customise your insurance policy as per your requirement by paying an additional premium. United India offers the following two-wheeler add-ons:
- Extension of the geographical area
- Zero depreciation cover
- Return to invoice cover
- Engine and gearbox protection
3. What documents are required for the settlement of cashless and non-cashless claims?
You are required to submit the following documents for cashless or reimbursement settlement of claim:
- Registration certificate of the vehicle
- Claim form duly filled and signed
- Original copy of FIR in case of accident or theft
- Original policy documents
- Driving licence of the person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident
- Photocopies of the ID proof of the insured such as driving licence PAN card, etc.
4. How can I renew my United India two-wheeler insurance policy online?
The process of online renewal of United India two-wheeler insurance is very simple and easy. You just have to visit the official website (https://www.uiic.in/CustomerPortalWeb/data/motorRenewal.html#/motorRenew ) of the insurance company, provide your policy details, click on quick renewal and pay the premium. Your insurance policy will be renewed within minutes. No inspection will be required for the renewal of the vehicle.
5. What is the incurred claim ratio of United India two-wheeler insurance?
Incurred claim ratio of United India motor insurance for the financial year 2018-19 was 120.79% which shows that the insurance company has paid more claims than the amount it has received as premium.
1. Can I renew my United India bike Insurance policy before its expiry date?
Yes, you can. The window for renewing your bike insurance policy opens 30 days before the expiry date of the existing policy. You will have sufficient time till the policy expiry date to renew your policy.
2. Is the online renewal procedure available for all bikes in the case of the United India bike insurance?
Yes, United India General Insurance offers an online renewal option for all bikes.
3. How can I keep track of the policy copy which has been taken offline via an agent/dealer or from a branch office?
You can check any online/offline policy details from the below path:
- https://uiic.co.in/ ---> Customer Services --> Verify Your Policy.
For policy documents issued/ downloaded from United India's official website, the following path can be used for checking the status of the policy:
- https://uiic.co.in/ ---> Customer Services --> Check Payment Status / Online Policy Download
4. Which factors influence the bike insurance premium amount at the time of renewal?
The following are the criteria that determine the premium quote at renewal time.
- Age of your bike at the time of renewal
- Expected tenure of the renewed policy
- Inclusion of the add-on covers
- Availability of the NCB
5. Why am I unable to renew my United India motor policy?
Some important information might not have been entered correctly in the original policy.
1. Will the NCB remain valid if the United India two-wheeler insurance policyholder fails to renew the policy?
If the policyholder fails to renew the two-wheeler insurance policy on time, they risk losing their accumulated NCB. So, United India gives its customers an extra 90 days as a grace period. But any delay after the grace period can cancel the policy, and the NCB that has been accumulated will also be canceled.
2. How can I contact United India Insurance in case of any accident/mishap?
You can contact United India General Insurance by calling its toll-free helpline number at 1800-425-333-33 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
3. What is the claim settlement ratio of United India?
In the financial year 2019-2020, the claim settlement ratio of United India was 82.93%.
4. In a partial theft case, is FIR compulsory?
Yes, FIR / Police intimation is compulsory in partial theft.
5. How many claims can be allowed in United India bike insurance?
There is no exact limit of raising bike insurance claims with United India.
1. I made a successful payment to United India two-wheeler insurance, but I didn’t receive the policy documents by email. What should I do?
Make sure whether the amount is debited from your account or not.
• If payment is debited, your policy will be generated shortly.
• Follow the steps below to know the policy status/download the policy document:
- Go to the website: www.uiic.co.in
- Go to the Customer Services page - Check the Payment Status/Online Policy download.
-Click on the button and provide either the transaction ID/the old policy number/the new policy number.
• You may directly visit the same link mentioned below:
• https://uiic.co.in/ -> Customer Services -> Check Payment Status / Online Policy Download
2. If I don’t know the transaction ID/the old policy number/the new policy number of United India Insurance, What should I do?
In such cases, you should contact United India Insurance at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What details are mentioned in my United India policy document?
- Type of the policy
- Duration of the policy
- Policy number
- IDV as well as the premium
- Exclusions & inclusions
- Features and benefits
- Personal and bike information
- Grievance redressal procedure
4. Where can you store a digital copy of your United India policy document?
If you do not have a hard copy or print out, at least have a digital copy. You can store it in your DigiLocker account. This account is a cost-free service supported and provided by the Government of India to help people save and store digital copies of their documents.
5. Can I use a QR code while downloading my United India policy document?
Yes. You can download your insurance policy documents with a digitized QR code that can help you whenever you need your policy anywhere.
Add On Covers
1. Are United India bike insurance add-on cover mandatory for the bike owners?
No, there is no such compulsion to get a bike insurance add-on cover along with your policy. These add-on covers are made to offer an option with which you can easily expand the coverage of your bike insurance policy. Thus you can enjoy extended benefits without investing hefty money.
2. What is the maximum number of bike insurance add-on covers that can be purchased together?
There is no maximum limit. You can purchase various separate add-on covers together as per your budget and needs.
3. What is the right time to purchase United India bike insurance add-on?
You can choose from a variety of bike insurance add-on covers offered by United India Insurance to expand the insurance coverage of your bike insurance policy when you buy it or when you renew it.
4. Will I have to pay for the United India General Insurance add-on coverage?
Yes. If you get the United India bike insurance add-on cover, you will be obliged to pay an additional premium along with the premium you were paying for your base policy.
1. What is the range of NCB in the case of United India comprehensive two-wheeler insurance?
NCB is provided for claim-free tenures, ranging from 20% to 50%.
2. Can I add any add-on during the renewal of United India two-wheeler insurance?
Yes, you can add any additional coverage to your insurance at the time of policy renewal.
3. How Insurance companies calculate the sum assured for United India comprehensive bike insurance?
The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the protected bike determines the amount assured.
4. Is it possible to file a claim if my motorcycle catches fire and is entirely burned in an accident?
Yes, the comprehensive insurance from United India bike insurance covers fire damages sustained on the bike. The damaged bike can be towed to a garage to repair it.
5. In the case of comprehensive bike insurance, what are the most common add-on covers?
The most popular add-on covers are zero depreciation cover, roadside assistance cover, NCB cover, etc.
1. Is third-party bike insurance compulsory according to Indian law?
Yes, as per Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for every bike owner in India to have at least third-party insurance. Riding your bike without this mandatory insurance is a punishable offence.
2. Does United India third-party insurance cover electrical and/or mechanical damages to the bike?
No. The third-party insurance does not cover these damages for the insured bike.
3. What is the maximum compensation amount provided according to the United India third-party two-wheeler insurance policy?
There is no fixed compensation for bodily injuries or death to a third person /party. As for damages to their property, the compensation amount is set at INR. 7.5 lakhs.
4. What should I do if my United India third-party bike insurance policy documents are lost?
You may contact United India's customer care at the earliest to get duplicate copies.
5. How is the cost of United India third-party bike insurance calculated?
The cost of third-party bike insurance is determined by IRDAI as per the cc of your bike.
1. Can you change your United India policy details?
Yes, you can do so by submitting an endorsement to the insurance company.
2. If I get a complete reimbursement in the case of the United India bike insurance, will it cover the entire cost of the new bike?
No, the company will not cover the entire cost as you will have to bear the deduction cost. However, to overcome that, it is advisable to buy zero dep cover.
3. What are the factors that affect United India zero depreciation cover's premium?
The age, make and model of the bike, and place of the registration are some factors that can affect the premium.
4. Can I buy United India zero depreciation cover for a third-party insurance cover?
No, you can not buy a zero depreciation cover with third-party insurance policy.
1. What does the term two-wheeler refer to in standalone bike insurance?
The term two-wheeler refers to motorcycle/scooter/autocycle or any other motorized two-wheeler.
2. How does the IDV (Insured's Declared Value) affect United India bike insurance policy?
The insured vehicle's IDV will be used as the 'SUM INSURED' for this policy, which will be set at the start of each insurance period.
The IDV of the bike (and any accessories, if any, fitted to the bike) is determined based on the manufacturer's quoted selling price of the company and model of the insured bike during the insurance/renewal, and depreciation is taken into account.
3. If I face any problem regarding the United India standalone bike insurance, what should I do?
4. What should I do if I don't know the registration number of my bike while purchasing United India standalone bike insurance?
In such circumstances, you can instead input the vehicle's manufacturer, model, and registration year.
5. How can I get my United India standalone bike insurance document after completing the purchasing procedure?
After completing the purchasing procedure, the policy document will be mailed to your registered email account.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More