Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. How many add-on covers does the ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Company offer?
The following add-on covers are available under ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy:
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Engine Protect Cover
- Consumables Protect Cover
- Zero depreciation cover
- Garage cash cover
- Loss of personal belongings cover
2. What is the incurred claim ratio of the ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Company?
The incurred claim ratio of the ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is 74%.
3. How can I check my ICICI Lombard Car Claim status online?
Kindly visit the claim tracker page at https://app4.icicilombard.com/ucvselfhelp/(S(x5bicwd0t3hpxtpxhkkr4mbz))/ucvwebappln/ucvnewclaimsearch.aspx to check the status of your ICICI Lombard Car insurance claim online
4. How can I download my ICICI Lombard Car Policy Document Online?
Requesting a car insurance policy from ICICI Lombard is very simple. Visit https://app4.icicilombard.com/ucvselfhelp/(S(jmox3kegtkb13nbji1oqjkzz))/ucvwebappln/index.aspx?SRT=Policy%20copy%20required and put up a request for policy copy. On receipt of the request, the customer service department shall send a copy of the insurance policy to your registered email ID.
5. How long does the ICICI Lombard Company Limited take to process and settle car insurance claims?
The claim settlement process of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is quickest. Usually, the claim is settled as soon as all the relevant documents are received by the insurance company.
6. Does the ICICI Lombard Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, the company does not offer a pay-as-you-drive feature.
1. Can I buy new add-on covers during the renewal of my ICICI Lombard car insurance policy?
Yes, ICICI Lombard offers its policyholders the chance to purchase new add-on covers at the time of car insurance policy renewal after contacting the company. Adding an add-on cover along with your basic insurance policy requires you to pay an extra premium.
2. How can I get my ICICI Lombard car insurance policy details on WhatsApp?
In order to get the details of your car insurance policy, you can place a request on the renewal page of ICICI Lombard Insurance itself.
3. What details of my existing policy do I need to enter while renewing my ICICI Lombard car insurance policy?
You just need to enter your existing policy number and car's engine number for ICICI Lombard car insurance policy renewal online.
4. How to Renew the ICICI Lombard car policy if my policy document is misplaced?
You do not have to worry if your car insurance policy documents are lost. You can renew your ICICI Lombard car policy online on the official website of the insurance company by just entering your registered mobile number. Then after policy renewal, you will get the documents of your renewed car insurance policy in your inbox.
5. How to use the No Claim Bonus of my existing policy while renewing my ICICI Lombard car Insurance policy?
You can use the no claim bonus (NCB) of your existing car policy to get some discounts on the premium amount if you renew your ICICI Lombard car insurance policy within 90 days of its expiry date.
1. What is the ICICI Lombard car insurance claim settlement ratio?
The ICICI Lombard car insurance claim settlement ratio is 97.9% for FY 2020-21 as per its website.
2. Who decides the ICICI Lombard claim amount in case of third-party liabilities?
The ICICI Lombard claim amount in case of third party liabilities is evaluated by the court of law.
3. Is ICICI Lombard car insurance claim applicable if a car gets damaged in riots?
It totally depends on what kind of car Insurance policy you have purchased. A comprehensive or standalone car insurance by ICICI Lombard covers the damage due to riots. But the same won’t be available if you only have a third-party liability cover.
4. Are there any deductibles that an insured has to pay during ICICI Lombard claim settlement?
Yes, during ICICI Lombard car insurance claim settlement, insured has to pay compulsory deductibles.
5. Is it necessary to file an FIR when making an ICICI Lombard car insurance claim in case of theft?
If your car is stolen, a copy of the police FIR is to be provided by the policyholder while claiming.
1. Does the copy of the ICICI Lombard car insurance policy document contain information related to no claim bonus?
Yes, the copy of the ICICI Lombard car insurance policy document includes no claim bonus details.
2. What details are available in the ICICI Lombard car insurance policy document?
Below are some points that an ICICI Lombard car insurance policy document contains:
- Policy type (third-party, standalone or comprehensive).
- Policy terms and conditions.
- Policy number.
- Inclusions and exclusions of the policy.
- Sum insured and other coverage-related information.
- Grievance redressal process of the company
- No claim bonus
- Basic personal details of the insured
- Car details of the insured.
3. How many times can one download the ICICI Lombard car insurance policy from the insurer's website?
There are no such limitations on the number of ICICI Lombard car insurance policy downloads.
4. What details are to be entered to download the ICICI Lombard car insurance policy document?
Your registered mobile number and policy number are the only requirements to download the ICICI Lombard car insurance policy.
5. How much fine is applicable for not carrying the policy document?
Driving without a policy document can make you pay a fine of ₹2,000, and there can also be imprisonment for up to three months.
Add On Covers
1. Is it possible to opt for a single add-on with the ICICI Lombard car insurance policy?
Yes, you can do so. Just choose the add-on you wish to have in your ICICI Lombard car insurance policy.
2. What is not included in the ICICI Lombard car insurance engine protector add-on cover?
ICICI Lombard engine protector add-on does not cover the retrieval of the insured car from the water-logged area.
3. Who should opt for an ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance?
Those who have bought a new car, an expensive luxury car, or a sports car must opt for ICICI Lombard zero depreciation cover add-on. Also, insured who live in accident-prone zones are advised to enhance their basic car insurance policy with this add-on cover.
4. What factors are to be considered before buying ICICI Lombard car insurance add-on covers?
Before purchasing ICICI Lombard car insurance add-on covers, the following factors need to be considered:
- The age and the model variant of your car.
- Your area of residence.
5. Are there any terms and conditions for claiming and buying ICICI Lombard car insurance add-on covers?
Yes, there will be terms and conditions while buying and claiming different ICICI Lombard car insurance add-on covers. Some of these conditions are shown below-
- The car’s IDV should be less than INR 3 Lakhs.
- The carrying capacity of the car should not be more than 10, including the driver.
- Imported four-wheelers are not covered under these ICICI Lombard car insurance add-on covers.
1. Can you raise a claim for ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance online?
Yes, it is reasonably easy to raise car insurance claim online. Visit the ICICI Lombard website and select ‘Motor Claim’ under the tab ‘Claims.’ Alternatively, users can also use the IL Take Care app to raise a claim.
2. What is a No Claim Bonus in a comprehensive car insurance policy?
When the owner does not make a single claim within the policy tenure, the company offers a benefit for the responsible ownership of the vehicle. In addition, the insurance provider provides a benefit of up to 50% on insurance premiums after renewal.
3. Where can I check my ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy details?
You will find all the necessary policy details in your policy documents. Users can also log in on the ICICI Lombard website or the IL Take Care app.
4. Is comprehensive car insurance mandatory in India?
No, comprehensive car insurance is not mandatory, but third-party insurance is. However, a comprehensive car insurance policy offers several more benefits when compared to a basic third-party insurance policy.
5. Are offline and online ICICI Lombard comprehensive insurance policies the same?
Yes, users get the same benefits whether they choose the online or offline method to purchase the policy.
1. Is a third party car insurance policy mandatory?
Third party insurance (also called statutory insurance) is mandatory for all vehicle owners under the Motor Vehicles Act.
2. What is the key difference between a third party and a comprehensive car insurance policy?
Third party insurance is the most basic form of insurance coverage available in India and is mandated by law. Comprehensive car insurance provides third party security as well as a variety of add-ons to secure your vehicle from different types of damage.
3. How can you buy third party insurance for your car?
Simply visit the ICICI Lombard website and under the tab "Motor Insurance," select "Car Insurance" and start your application for ICICI Lombard third party insurance online without any difficulty.
4. Why should you buy third party insurance in India?
According to the rules and regulations of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, all vehicles that are driven on Indian roads need to have a valid third party insurance policy. Failure to do so can result in fines and imprisonment for up to six months.
5. When should you initiate a third party insurance claim after being involved in an accident?
Different insurance companies have different policies regarding the stipulated time. It is advisable to raise a claim within 24 hours of the accident.
1. How to get ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance online?
You can select the zero depreciation add-on with your comprehensive car insurance policy, or you can apply for it when you renew your current policy on the ICICI Lombard website.
2. When is zero depreciation null and void?
If the vehicle driver is driving under the influence, not following traffic rules, or using the private vehicle for commercial purposes, then the zero depreciation claim is deemed null and void.
3. Who should opt for the ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance policy?
New vehicle owners, new drivers, luxury car owners, people driving in accident-prone areas, etc., are all the people who should opt for the zero depreciation cover.
4. My car is 7 years old, can I get ICICI Lombard car insurance with no depreciation?
Unfortunately, you cannot avail zero dep cover if your car is more than 5 years of age.
5. Do I get a no claim bonus (NCB) on my ICICI Lombard zero depreciation car insurance?
Yes, policyholders can avail of NCB if they do not raise a single claim during their policy tenure. For every no-claim year, the NCB is accumulated, and the policyholder can enjoy a discount on various insurance costs and premiums.
1. Can you buy an ICICI Lombard standalone car insurance policy online?
Yes, it is very easy to buy the ICICI Lombard standalone car insurance policy online. You can do so by visiting the ICICI Lombard website or by filling in the details on the IL take care app.
2. Do I need to buy a compulsory standalone car insurance policy?
No, a standalone car insurance policy is not compulsory or mandatory by law. However, a third-party insurance policy is mandatory.
3. How to file an ICICI Lombard standalone car insurance policy claim?
Policyholders need to have all their documents in order before filing a claim. It is possible to raise a claim online or offline. You can also call 1800 2666 (toll-free) or visit the ICICI Lombard website to file a claim.
4. What are the risks covered under a standalone car insurance policy?
A standalone car insurance policy offers numerous benefits, such as a comprehensive car insurance policy with the exclusion of third-party damage cover.
5. If I have an existing third-party insurance policy with a different provider, can I buy the ICICI Lombard standalone car insurance policy?
Yes, even if users have an existing insurance policy with a different company, they can still choose to buy the ICICI Lombard standalone car insurance policy for their vehicle.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More