Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Shriram Bike Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The majority of road accidents result in considerable financial losses for the parties concerned. As a result, insurance is a must-have for everybody who owns a two-wheeler. The Motor Vehicles Act makes third-party two-wheeler insurance mandatory for all bikes on Indian roads.
However, most bike owners are uninformed about how to file a claim. Read on to have a clear picture on the claim settlement process of the Shriram bike insurance.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
You will primarily require
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- FIR or copy of police complaint
- Copies of the bike registration certificate and driving licence
- Insurance policy document
- Original bills for reimbursement requests
Following the submission of these documents for the Shriram two-wheeler insurance claim, an insurance surveyor will visit the garage to evaluate the damage. Your claim will be accepted if everything is in order.
How to Make a Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Online?
While most bike insurance in India has the same process of making claims, there are some minor differences. The following are the fundamental stages of filing a bike insurance claim:
- Note down the license plate numbers of the vehicles involved in the collision.
- If the accident has any legal implications, register an FIR with the nearest police station. For claim submission, a copy of the complaint will be requested.
- If feasible, make a note of the accident's time and location. Also, write down details like the names and contact information of the involved witness.
- Contact the company to file a Shriram bike insurance claim. This can be done online at the official website of Shriram.
- Select "Claims."
- From the drop-down option, choose "Intimate a Claim."
- Enter your policy number, registration number, chassis number, or engine number as soon as the page opens.
- Your claim will be registered online as the company provides you the claim registration number.
How to Make a Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Cashless Insurance Claim?
Follow the procedures below to lodge a cashless claim for a more convenient Shriram two-wheeler insurance claim journey:
Step 1: Register a claim by visiting the Shriram Insurance website.
Provide entire relevant data about the accident involving your bike, such as the location, time, and so on, to file a claim.
Step 2: Inspection and Repair
The insurance company will send a surveyor at your location to examine the bike and the related damages.
Step 3: Towing and Repair Services
Tow your bike to the nearest Shriram Insurance-approved garage. You can also request that your insurer arranges for towing.
Step 4: Claim Resolution
Apart from the deductibles, the insurer will pay the repair costs to the network garage. After that, you are free to ride your bike home.
How to Make a Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Reimbursement Claim?
A reimbursement claim at Shriram Insurance is a legal agreement of the insurance to allow the policyholder to make an independent decision on bike repairs and modifications. It activates in case a policyholder can’t take the insured two-wheeler to a Shriram Insurance authorized garage and instead chooses to have it mended elsewhere. Let’s understand the procedure of filing for reimbursement:
Step 1: Contact the Shriram insurance company to make a claim
Contact Shriram Insurance and provide all relevant data about the accident and damages to the bike. Also provide information like accident location, time, and so on, to file a claim. You can contact them on their toll-free number 1800-300-30000 and 1800-103-3009.
Step 2: Let the company Conduct a bike survey
Before the bike is taken for repairs, the company will send a surveyor to inspect it.
Step 3: Repair and compensation
You can now safely ride your bike to the garage of your choice and pay the damaging cost. Then, to file a refund claim, you must present all of the documentation necessary by the company, as well as all original bills and receipts. The company finally reimburse the funds after taking into account all of the deductibles and depreciation amounts.
Common Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
Yes, your claim can be denied for a variety of reasons, including the prevalent ones mentioned below:
- Incomplete or suspicious information on the claim form.
- Driving while consuming inebriated with a drink or another intoxicant.
- Driving with a suspended or expired licence.
- Claim documentation is missing or delayed in informing the company.
- Having an expired two-wheeler insurance policy.
Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance No Claim Bonus
At Shriram Insurance, the no-claim bonus shows up as a reward for driving safely. Like, if you sell a 10-year-old vehicle and buy a new two-wheeler, your no-claim bonus will be automatically transferred to the new vehicle, helping you to save money on insurance.
It can also be easily transferred to another insurance company once proof of NCB entitlement is approved from Shriram insurance in the form of a renewal notice or letter.
You are entitled to get up to 50% of discount on your policy premium, if you have not raised a claim during 5 consecutive years. The policy has to be renewed within 90 days of the preceding policy's expiration date for the NCB to be carried forward.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Shriram Bike Insurance Claim FAQs
1. Can I claim Shriram two wheeler insurance online?
Yes, you can visit the company’s website and find the online application process under the claim section.
2. Do I need to transfer the vehicle certification to Shriram Insurance in case of a two-wheeler claim due to theft?
Yes, if the insured's bike was stolen, you must have the registration certificate moved to the company's name, hand over the keys of the vehicle, and file a letter of subrogation and indemnity on stamp paper that has been notarized.
3. How can I find the nearest Shriram Insurance branch to claim two-wheeler insurance?
You can use the "Branch Locator" on Shriram General Insurance's official website to identify the nearest branch or call their toll-free lines 1800-300-30000 and 1800-103-3009 for assistance.
4. What if I don’t file any claim during my Shriram two-wheeler insurance policy period?
The policyholder will be eligible for no-claim bonus (NCB) discount on the policy's comprehensive or own-damage premium at renewal if no claims are submitted during the whole term of the policy.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More