Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Shriram Third Party Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, mandates every four-wheeler to obtain at least a third-party car insurance policy to cover the unforeseeable damages caused to a third party during the accident. Shriram third-party car insurance covers the losses caused to any third party involving your car. It protects against third-party bodily injuries, death, or property damages. Shriram covers third-party property for up to INR 7.5 lakh. Whereas there is no limit to the coverage for third-party injury and death.
How does Shriram Third Party Insurance Work?
When your car injures a stranger in an accident, the insurance company (Shriram General Insurance) is liable to pay for the same. In case of third-party property damage too, this insurance will work. This way, your financial burden gets reduced, and you don't run short on your savings. It is advised that you should file a settlement claim with Shriram. Once the claim is filed, the company sends its surveyor to assess the damages and evaluate the amount to be settled.
Shriram Third Party Car Insurance vs. Comprehensive Car Insurance
|Shriram Third- Party Car Insurance||Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance|
|It covers bodily damages, death, and property of the third party. The maximum coverage amount is up to INR 7.5 lacs for property damage.||Apart from third-party liabilities, comprehensive car insurance covers personal accidents and own vehicle losses up to INR 7.5 lacs.|
|You cannot purchase additional covers (add-ons) under third-party car insurance.||A range of add-ons is provided to vehicle owners to choose from as per their suitability.|
|The cost is comparatively low in third-party car insurance.||Since it offers a wide array of covers, the cost of a comprehensive car insurance policy is relatively higher.|
|It is the least mandatory requirement of the Indian Motor Vehicles Act.||There is no compulsion for vehicle owners to buy a comprehensive policy if they have a third-party cover in existence.|
How to Buy Shriram Third Party Car Insurance?
Buying Shriram third-party car insurance online is straightforward and mostly preferred over the offline procedure. However, you can go to the nearest branch of Shriram General Insurance located in your area and get the process done by filing the application form and paying the premium. But if you are a tech-savvy person and want to purchase Shriram third-party four-wheeler insurance online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit our official website- https://www.shriramgi.com/car-insurance-online.html.
- Fill in the application form with your car details, including the car type and model, to evaluate your premium amount.
- Enter your details such as your name, mobile number, and residential address.
- Compare the variety of quotes available and choose the best one as per your suitability.
- Make the payment, and you can own your Shriram four-wheeler third-party insurance online within seconds.
What All is Covered Under Shriram Third Party Car Insurance Plan?
Shriram four-wheeler third-party insurance covers the following damages-
- With Shriram four-wheeler insurance third-party, you will get coverage against third-party liabilities, whether accidental injury, death or property damage. A maximum sum of INR 7.5 lacs is offered in case of third-party property damage.
What All is not Covered Under Shriram Third Party Car Insurance Plan?
Unfortunately, Shriram third-party car insurance does not cover the following-
- Human-made disasters- riots, strikes, terror acts, wars, etc.
- Natural disasters- earthquakes, cyclones, landslides, frost, hailstorm hurricanes, etc.
- Damages of self-ignition
- Fire and explosions
- Theft of the car
Key Benefits of Purchasing Shriram Third Party Car Insurance
Below are the core benefits of buying Shriram third-party car insurance:
- Straightforward and smooth claim settlement procedure.
- The online buying facility is available instantly on the insurer’s website.
- Documentation is very minimal.
- Accidental legal liability coverage for the third-party arriving out of damages caused to them.
Shriram Third Party Insurance Review
You can buy your third-party car insurance cover at Shriram online. Gone are the days when people had to contact insurance agents to proceed further with their policies. With the fast technology available, anyone can buy Shriram third-party car insurance. In addition, Shriram enhances your experience with a hassle-free buying process involving minimal documentation.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Shriram Third-party Car Insurance FAQs
1. How is the premium amount for Shriram third-party car insurance calculated?
The premium amount is calculated based on the below factors-
- Car’s age
- Engine’s cubic capacity
- Territorial area
- Insured declared value
2. Can I get a representative from Shriram insurance for third-party claim settlement in court?
Yes, you can request a representation from the insurance company for settlement in the courts.No, you cannot include add-on covers to your basic third-party car insurance policy.
3. Can I renew my Shriram third-party car insurance?
Yes. In fact, you should apply for renewal a few days before your original policy expires.
4. Can I still get third-party insurance coverage from Shriram if someone was driving my car in my place?
Even if someone else was driving your car, you would still be eligible to file for the claim.
5. Can I get a no claim bonus in a Shriram third-party car insurance plan?
No, a third-party does not offer the facility of a no claim bonus (NCB). But moreover, it is a fundamental policy that an owner must obtain to comply with the regulatory requirements.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More