Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Liberty Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Intro to Liberty Car Insurance
Liberty General Insurance Company is a joint venture between Liberty City-state Holdings PTE Ltd and Liberty Industries Limited. Both the companies are titans in their respective field and in 2013 they decided to come together to provide comprehensive retail, commercial and industrial insurance solutions to the customers.
The company has started its operations from 2013 and has been at the forefront to provide insurance solutions to customers. The company is operational through 110 branch offices spread across 95 cities across 29 states in India. The company has partnered with more than 4000+ auto service centres and 5000+ hospitals to offer better services to the customers. The company offers insurance products like health and personal accident insurance, car insurance, two-wheeler insurance, fire and engineering insurance, marine insurance and other insurance products in India.
Types of Car Insurance offered by Liberty General Insurance Company
There are two types of car insurance policies namely:
- Liability Only or Third-Party Car Insurance Policy:
This is the basic and compulsory vehicle insurance policy. Third-Party Car Insurance only covers for the loss or damage suffered by third-party property or life in case of an accident caused by the insured vehicle. The Liability Only policy does not cover for the losses or damages caused to the insured vehicle or to the insured.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy:
A comprehensive car insurance policy is an all-inclusive insurance cover that safeguards the loss or damage caused due to theft or an accident to the property or life of a third- party or insured. There are two variants of the comprehensive car insurance plan in this company:
- Private Care Insurance Plan:
This is a regular comprehensive private car insurance plan with third party liability coverage as well as own damage coverage
- Motor Insurance Bundling Policy (SandBox)
This is a pay-as-you-drive private car insurance plan wherein you pay for the distance that you travel only with the voluntary deductible option, no-fault protection and roadside assistance cover. This policy is available only if you purchase directly from the company website only.
In this plan, the actual km usage of the car during the entire policy duration would be calculated as a difference of reading on the odometer between the policy start date and the date of the loss reported. However, the third-party coverage for the car would be for the entire year, irrespective of the distance travelled.
- Private Care Insurance Plan:
- Stand-alone Own damage only Car Insurance Policy
You can buy a standalone policy to cover your own damage for your car provided you have a valid third-party only car insurance policy and not otherwise.
Benefits of Liberty General Insurance Company
The following are the key benefits of availing car insurance policy from Liberty General Insurance Company.
- Hassle-free: The entire process of availing a car insurance policy is simple and hassle-free. The company has partnered with more than 4300 service centres and garages to provide top-notch car services to their customers.
- Claim Settlement: The claim settlement process is quick as the company settles the claim within 7 working days. The promptness of the settlement process makes it easier for the customers to receive the payment and remain stress-free.
- Transfer: Any customer who wishes to transfer their old car insurance policy to Liberty General Insurance Company can easily transfer the insurance policy along with the existing No Claim Bonus if applicable.
- Add-ons: Customers can get additional protection by availing add-on covers and make the base policy more robust. The following add-on covers are available under a private car package policy.
- Depreciation Cover: This add-on is used to cover depreciation amount that either wise is deducted on the value of parts. Kindly note, the cover is applicable only if the insured vehicle is repaired at the company's authorised Garage.
- Consumables Cover: Under this add-on, the expenses incurred towards consumables like grease, lubricants, oils, bearing, etc. are covered.
- Gap Value Cover: This add-on covers the difference between the amount received from Own Damage Section and price mentioned in the purchase invoice. This amount is paid in the event of theft or total loss of the vehicle.
- Roadside Assistance Cover: This add-on cover takes care ofa the expenses incurred in the case of a car breakdown. The insurance policy provides roadside assistance and expenses like vehicle relocation costs, repair services, assistance in event of lost keys or lockout, flat tyre, an arrangement of emergency fuel, alternative transport assistance.
- Passenger Assistance Cover: The passenger assistance cover car insurance is a comprehensive cover to secure the passenger travelling in the insured vehicle. This add-on cover offers coverage for – Hospital Allowance, Medical Expenses, and Medical Transport Assistance.
- Key Loss Cover: As the name suggests, this cover offers reimbursement for the expenses done for the cost of replacing damaged or lost keys and the cost of replacing damaged locks in event of theft of keys or vehicle is broken into causing security threat to the vehicle.
- Engine Safe Cover: This add-on covers the expenses incurred towards engine repair and its child parts like the gearbox, transmission assembly, etc.
- Customer Support: The company offers strong customer service support to relieve all the stress of their customers. The telephonic service assistance and support is available daily from 8.00 AM to 8.00 PM.
What is Covered in a Liberty Car Insurance Policy?
The Private Car Package Policy covers the expenses related to the following items:
- Accident caused due to external means
- Damages caused by earthquake, flood, storm, landslide
- Damages caused due to burglary, or theft
- Damages caused by fire, explosion, lightning, self-ignition
- Damages caused due to act of terrorism, riots, strikes, etc.
- Damages caused during transit by road, rail, airlift, or waterways
What is not Covered in a Liberty Car Insurance Policy?
The causes not covered under the insurance cover are called exclusions. The following are certain exclusions for which no expense shall be reimbursed by the insurance company:
- Normal wear and tear of the vehicle due to ageing
- Damages caused due to mechanical or electrical failure
- Damages caused due to accident caused by driving under the influence of drugs or liquor
- Damages caused to the vehicle while driving without a valid license
- Claims arising out of contractual liability,any consequential loss
- Damages caused due to civil war, mutiny, nuclear threat, etc.
- Damage to tyres and tubes unless caused due to accident
- Use of vehicle in against to limitations as to use
- Damage caused outside India
How to Apply for Liberty Car Insurance Plan?
Applying and purchasing a car insurance policy from Liberty General Insurance Company is simple, quick and hassle-free. Within 3 steps you are able to apply and purchase a car insurance plan from Liberty General Insurance Company.
- Step 1: You are requested to enter relevant and required car information for applying to a car insurance plan. You need to enter details like Car registration details, car details, model type, etc.
- Step 2: You are requested to provide for additional information about yourself like your permanent address, name, etc.
- Step 3: After entering all the required information, an online premium quote will be generated and if you are satisfied, you can go ahead and pay the premium amount.
In this manner, you shall be able to apply for the Car Insurance Plan of Liberty General Insurance Company.
Liberty Car Insurance Claim Process
The claim process of Liberty General Insurance Company is simple and hassle-free. Following is a step-by-step guide to the whole claim process
- Register: In the event of an accident, the car owner needs to register the car insurance claim with Liberty General Insurance Company at the earliest. Customers can register the claim either by calling the toll-free number at 1800 266 5844 or can visit the official website and register the claim online.
- Once the customer registers the claim, Liberty General Insurance Company’s representative shall get in touch to guide you further course of action and if necessary, will ask for more required information.
- Upon registration of a claim, the car shall be moved to a network garage where the car owner has to submit the required relevant documents needed for the speedy claim processing.
- The company will arrange for a surveyor to inspect the vehicle.
- Once the damage is approved by the surveyor, the repair work shall commence.
- Upon completion of the claim, the bills will be automatically settled between the network garage and insurance company on your behalf under a cashless claim. While under a reimbursement claim the insurer will preliminarily pay the bills and then submit the bills to the insurance company, the insurance company shall credit the claim amount within 7 working days.
How to Renew Your Lapsed/Expired Liberty Car Insurance Policy Online
Renewal of car insurance policy is very crucial as in this way you shall be able to continue insurance protection of your prized possession. Car insurance policy is a way in which you can secure your vehicle from the unforeseen damages. Liberty General Insurance Company offers a seamless platform for quick and hassle-free renewal of car insurance policy. For regular renewal of in-force policies, you need to sign-in to the website using valid credentials, enter all required information like policy number, customer ID, etc. and within minutes, you shall be able to pay the renewal amount and renew your car insurance policy.
For renewal of lapsed or expired liberty car insurance policy, a survey shall be conducted by the insurance company to scrutinise the fitness of the vehicle. If the surveyor deems your vehicle to be in good condition then an insurance policy can be availed, however, the customer needs to keep the following documents ready while renewing lapsed or expired car insurance policy:
- Duly filled proposal form
- Copy of previous year’s car insurance policy
- Copy of RC Book
- KYC documents of the car owner
Liberty Car Insurance Review
The search for the right insurance cover ends by purchasing a car insurance policy from Liberty General Insurance Company. The car insurance policy is designed in a manner that keeps you financially secure and stress-free. The car insurance policy protects the car owner against damages caused to the vehicle and against any third-party liability arising due to an accident while driving the insured vehicle. The customers of Liberty Car Insurance policy are satisfied as the policy offers hassle-free inspection and claim settlement process, effective customer support team, numerous add-on covers to make the policy robust. Therefore, all these reasons contribute to the popularity of Liberty General Insurance Company’s Private Car Package Policy.
Liberty Insurance Customer Care Number
Liberty General Insurance Company is one of the leading general insurance companies in India. Customers who wish to reach the company’s customer support department can do it in multiple ways. The following are the details of the customer care department of Liberty General Insurance Company:
If the customer wishes to write to the customer care department, they can send a letter to Liberty General Insurance Limited, 10th Floor, Tower A, Peninsula Business Park, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013
Alternatively, customers can reach the company by calling on any one of the following contact numbers:
- Toll-Free Number: 1800 266 5844
- Board line Number: 022 – 6700 1313
- Fax Number: 022 6700 1606
Customers who wish to contact via email id can send a mail to email@example.com
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Liberty Car Insurance FAQs
1. What is the incurred claim ratio of Liberty General Insurance Company?
According to IRDAI Annual Reports 2018-19, the Incurred Claim Ratio of Liberty General Insurance Company is 70%.
2. How can I check my Liberty General Insurance Company’s Car Claim status online?
Customers who wish to check their Liberty General Insurance Company’s Car Claim status online need to kindly visit https://www.libertyinsurance.in/products/motor-insurance/TrackStatus and enter the valid required details to know the claim status.
3. How can I download my Liberty General Insurance Company’s Car Policy Document Online?
In order to download your car insurance policy document online, you can download it at the time of purchasing the policy. Alternatively, you can contact the customer service department and seek help.
4. How long does Liberty General Insurance Company take to process and settle car insurance claims?
Post completing all the documentation formalities, the Liberty General Insurance Company initiates the claim settlement process immediately. However, the maximum claim settlement turn-around-time is 7 working days to reimburse the claim amount.
5. Does Liberty General Insurance Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
Yes, Liberty General Insurance Company offers usage based car insurance policy also known as pay-as-you-drive car insurance.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More