Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
If one pays a car insurance premium, it is their right to claim when they get entangled in an accident. But the policyholder should intimate the claim to the insurance company as soon as possible. Car insurance providers such as Universal Sompo disburses the claim amount based on the damages incurred by the vehicle and the policyholder, depending upon the type of policy purchased. Universal Sompo provides quick, hassle-free and convenient claim settlements by asking for minimal documents. Claim settlements can be made using any of the cashless or reimbursement methods.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
- Signed and duly filled claim form
- Insurance policy document
- Insurance Certificate
- Registration Certificate of the car
- FIR (in case of fatal injuries/accidents)
- Pollution Control Certificate
- Valid driving license
- Estimation of repairs
How to Make Universal Sompo Car Insurance Claim Online?
- Inform the Insurer About the Mishap
Inform the insurer about the accident or any other mishaps as soon as possible. You can inform by emailing the e-claim form available on Universal Sompo's official homepage at firstname.lastname@example.org. If required, you need to register an FIR with the police in the case of an accident. However, filing an FIR is a must in case of vehicle theft for Universal Sompo car insurance claim settlement.
- Inspection for Damages
Universal Sompo will allow an assessor to examine the damages. The personnel assigned by the insurer would inspect the damages and send a report to the insurance provider.
- Report Verification
Universal Sompo will go through the report carefully and approve your claim after it deems fit to do so.
How to Make Universal Sompo Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim?
Reimbursement claims can be made at the network garage of Universal Sompo or some other. Wherever you go, intimating Universal Sompo about a reimbursement car insurance claim is essential. Upon vehicle repair, you will need to pay the garage the repairment fees and raise a reimbursement claim online or offline. For doing so, submit all the related documents to Universal Sompo, including the bills detailing the expenses. The insurance provider will cover the loss by entitling the claim amount after factoring in deductibles within a few days of receiving the documents.
How to Make Universal Sompo Cashless Car Insurance Claim?
Universal Sompo cashless car insurance claim involves the following steps-
- Intimate the Claim to the Insurer
You should intimate the claim to the company immediately after an accident/mishap. For this, you can either dial the toll-free or the chargeable number shown on the website of the Universal Sompo. You can also mail the e-claim form to the Universal Sompo email@example.com.
You can intimate the claim on the official website of Universal Sompo. Here’s how the steps unfold for you.
- Go to ‘claims’.
- Click on ‘motor claim intimation’.
- Fill in the details regarding Universal Sompo car insurance policy, such as policy number, insured name, claim amount, etc.
- Mention your personal and car-related details too.
- After doing all these, click on ‘intimate claim’
This way, you can intimate the claim. In the case of any third party's death, bodily injury or vehicle theft, you must lodge an FIR with the police as soon as possible. You must submit a copy of the same to the company.
- Arrangement of a Loss Assessor
The insurer will send a surveyor to inspect the damages claimed by you for reimbursement. This would be done to check the authenticity of Universal Sompo car insurance claim.
- Vehicle Survey and Documentation
An inspector sent by Universal Sompo will come to inspect at a scheduled time, and the insured car owner has to complete the documentation required by the insurance company to begin with the claim settlement process.
- Repair and Final Claim settlement
Get your car repaired at any of the cashless network garage of Universal Sompo.
Common Universal Sompo Car Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
- Damage caused while driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol and other toxic substances.
- Driving, without a valid driving licence.
- Driving with the license of a novice learner.
- Failing to submit a credible evidence of an accident
- Submission of false proofs.
- Late filing of a claim.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Claim FAQs
1. Your car met with an accident. You are the second owner of the vehicle, and Universal Sompo car insurance is still under the ownership of the previous owner. Can you claim insurance in this case?
Unfortunately, the policyholder would not be able to raise a claim for damages in the case as mentioned earlier.
2. Can you raise a Universal Sompo car insurance claim for damages that have accumulated over time?
3. Can Universal Sompo deny settling your car insurance claim if you fail to inform the same within the stipulated time frame?
Yes, the insurer is entitled to reject your claim in such cases.
4. Can you track your Universal Sompo Claim?
Yes, you can do it on the official website of Universal Sompo. Once you land there, click on ‘track claims’. A new form will come wherein you need to enter your name, contact details, email ID and phone number, etc. Next, you will have to select the policy type and then submit the details. Afterward, you could check and track your insurance claim status.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More