Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
National Third Party Bike Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 makes it obligatory for all vehicle owners to carry valid insurance papers to be able to drive the vehicle on the streets of India legally. This law only mandates the insurance to be third-party insurance. Third-party two-wheeler insurance provides financial protection cover to the third party involved in the accident because of negligence. This insurance may not provide financial protection to you; however, it does provide you the legal protection against third-party claims after the accident.
National Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance
National third party two-wheeler insurance has its protection extended in a limited manner. It only provides the financial cover to the third party against the vehicular or the physical damages incurred because of you. The only protection you get is legal protection against third-party liabilities. The compensation also covers the death of the third party.
How does National Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Work?
National Third party two-wheeler insurance premiums are lower compared to other insurances. It is also mandatory for all vehicle owners to avail the of third-party insurance. It not only allows you to drive legally on the roads of India but also protects you against the legal repercussions as a result of an involuntary accident.
National Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance Vs. National Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance
New bike owners can either opt to purchase third-party insurance or opt to purchase the comprehensive insurance, inclusive of the obligatory third-party insurance. Given below are the tabular representation features of the third party policy of National two-wheeler insurance that will help you make an informed decision:
|National Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance||National Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance|
|The financial protection cover is only available for the third party.||Financial protection is available for a third party as well as policyholders.|
|National third-party two-wheeler insurance does not allow policy customization through add- on covers.||National comprehensive two-wheeler insurance allows policy customization through add- on covers.|
|Every vehicle owner must purchase third-party insurance.||Vehicle owners can opt to purchase this policy. There are no compulsions on them with it.|
|Premiums of third-party policy are lower.||Premiums of comprehensive policy are higher.|
How to Buy National Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance?
Follow the subsequent steps to acquire the National third-party two-wheeler insurance:
- Step One: National General has made the whole policy application procedure digital for the comfort of the policyholders.
- Step Two: Search for the policy purchase tab under the Motor Insurance section.
- Step Three: Provide the obligatory data such as brand and the model variant to which your vehicle belongs.
- Step Four: Provide the registration number of your vehicle.
- Step Five: You will receive the tentative National General premium quotation on the mobile number that you provided.
- Step Six: Choose National third party two-wheeler insurance.
- Step Seven: You will receive the final premium amount that you will have to pay every month.
- Step Eight: Complete the transaction via net banking or through a credit or debit card to conclude the policy purchase procedure.
What All is Covered Under National Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
The following things are covered in your National third party two-wheeler insurance:
- Financial and Legal Liability:
The policyholders get legal protection against the claims made by the third party after the accident. The third-party, in return, is compensated for all the damages sustained by them.
- Physical Injury:
Any third party's physical injury or the occasional loss of life is covered under third-party policy of two wheeler insurance.
- Loss and Damages:
The insurer compensates for all the vehicular and property damages incurred by the third party.
What All is not Covered Under National Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
The following things are not covered under the National third party two wheeler insurance:
- Own Damages:
The damages sustained by you or your vehicle are not safeguarded under this insurance.
- Driving Under the Influence:
Driving under the influence of alcohol or any other type of drug will result in your policy claim rejection.
- No Additional Benefits:
You can not get any additional protection with your insurance other than what is mentioned in your insurance policy.
List of other exclusions include:
- Driving without a valid driving licence/policy.
- Regular wear & tear and mechanical & electrical breakdown.
- Damages occurred outside the geographic limits.
- Private vehicle being used for commercial purposes.
Key Benefits of Purchasing National Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance
Following are the benefits you avail yourself when you purchase National third party two wheeler insurance:
- With National third party bike insurance, you do not have to pay any penalty or fine for driving on the roads.
- The protection is prolonged to the third party for the vehicular or individual or assets damages sustained due to your negligence.
- National third party two wheeler insurance is the cheapest insurance policy offered by the National Insurance.
- You get legal protection against the accountabilities appealed by the third party after the accident against you.
- It is easy to purchase and renew the National third party two wheeler insurance online.
- Insurance holders are also allowed to make claims online.
National Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance Review
As pointed out by the customer endorsements and the appraisals on the website as well as on other platforms, it is safe to purchase the National third party bike insurance. You get all the provides benefits that it promises in the base policy documents.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
National Third-party Bike Insurance FAQs
1. What is the claim settlement ratio of National third party two- wheeler insurance?
The claim settlement ratio of National third party two-wheeler insurance is 85.71% in the financial year 2020 for privately owned vehicles.
2. Is the personal protection cover included in the National third party two- wheeler insurance?
No, the personal protection covers in not included in the National third party two- wheeler insurance.
3. Is it compulsory to produce FIR to claim National third party two- wheeler insurance?
Yes, it is compulsory to produce FIR or chargesheet to claim National third party two- wheeler insurance.
4. How the premium amount is decided in the third-party insurance for National?
The capacity of your vehicle engine and the RTO to which your vehicle is registered are the huge determiners when settling upon the National third-party two-wheeler insurance premiums. Vehicles registered in the big cities will result in more insurance premiums.
5. Can I encompass the benefits offered under the National third party two- wheeler insurance?
No, there is no provision to add, add- on cover in the National third party two- wheeler insurance.
Recent ArticlesView All
Renewing an HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy is simple. To make a note of the considerations, you should...Read More
Insurance companies offer several add-ons to a two-wheeler insurance policy. Learn about their terms and condi...Read More
Bike insurance immunes you financially against third-party claims, loss and damage to the two-wheeler, etc. Bu...Read More
Riding a bike with a lapsed Royal Sundaram bike insurance policy can result in fines up to INR 2000 or impriso...Read More
Transferring the ownership of a two-wheeler and its registration certificate can be a tiresome process. The pr...Read More
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory to get the PUC certificate. Now, we can apply, view, and ...Read More
Not every bike insurance covers damage to bike fibre parts. A two-wheeler insurance policy with add-on zero-de...Read More
The Honda Activa series of scooters are among the most popular ones in India. Here are the 3 best Honda Activa...Read More