Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
National Bike Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The purpose behind the purchase of the bike insurance is that you can have a cushion to fall back to in times of emergency. Having financial aid can help you get through difficult times with a bit of ease. In order to get financial assistance, you first need to file a claim. Filing a claim can be a difficult procedure for some. However, the National General has tried to keep the procedure as simple as possible for the policyholders. And understanding the procedure can help you greatly in dire times. Let's look at the procedure of filing a National bike insurance claim.
List of Documents Required During National Bike Insurance Claim Settlement
At the time of filing a claim, you need to submit certain documents. Policyholders need to be compiled and keep all the documents ready to be submitted. This will ascertain the fast processing of their claim. After making a National two-wheeler insurance claim insurer will initiate the verification procedure. If somehow you fail to submit the documents or manipulate the data, then the insurance claim stands a chance of getting rejected. Policyholders need to provide following is the list of documents in the procedure of making an insurance claim:
Claiming After an Accident:
- A soft copy, original or the photocopy of the policy document needs to be provided for the claim to get processed.
- National two-wheeler insurance claim form duly filled and signed
- Self-attested reproduction of RC book
- Photocopy of DL of the person who was driving the vehicle at the time of an accident
- Photocopy of FIR
- Cost of repairs an estimate
- Original bills of the repair
For Third-party Claims:
- The National Insurance policy document photocopy, soft copy or original
- National two-wheeler insurance claim form filled and signed
- Self-attested photocopy of Registration Certificate
- The DL
- Photocopy of FIR
Claiming After Theft:
- Theft declaration issued by Regional Transport Office
- Duly filled and signed forms
- 'No Trace Report' issued by Police of an insured two-wheeler
- Original Registration certificate book or self-attested photocopy
- Warranty card and service booklets
- All sets of keys
- Additional documents, if required by the insurer
What are the Steps to File a National Bike Insurance Claim Online?
Following are the required steps to claim National two-wheeler insurance online:
- The claim procedure must begin within 24 hours of the accident. You can inform the National General via toll-free number 1800-345-0330. Before the registration of the claim procedure, the policyholder should click photographs of the damage. So that they can get the maximum benefit.
- After getting a claim request from you, a representative from National General will contact you.
- Provide all the compulsory specifics to the insurer, such as the time and location of an accident, policy number, survey location where the survey needs to take place, estimate of damages, vehicle driver details, and any other information asked by the insurer.
- The surveyor assigned by the company will assess the estimated cost of the vehicle repair after the preliminary examination.
- Submit all the relevant documents to the surveyor.
- After the confirmation of the repair costs and legal liabilities, the insurer will initiate the procedure to settle the claim.
How to Make a National Bike Insurance Cashless Claim?
Follow the following steps to file National two-wheeler cashless insurance claim:
- Intimating the National General after the incident is the primary step you need to take to file an insurance claim. You need to intimate them within 24 hours of the accident.
- After the appeal is put up, the claim insurer will revert back to you and send the surveyor for assessment.
- You are required to provide all the information and the proof you have of the accidents. The National two-wheeler insurance claim form is duly filled along with all the required documents.
- Surveyor will estimate a repair after assessing the damage sustained by the vehicle.
- Take your vehicle to the network garage or to the one tie up with the National General.
- The insurer will settle the claim amount by calculating directly to the garage. After all, finances are settled, you can take your vehicle home.
How to Make a National Bike Insurance Reimbursement Claim?
Follow the following steps to make the National two-wheeler reimbursement insurance claim:
- You can register National two-wheeler reimbursement insurance claim by placing a call on a toll-free number.
- A surveyor assigned by the insurer will come for the damage assessment and estimate your vehicle's repair charges.
- Form needs to be submitted to the surveyor and all the required self-attested documents.
- Choose the garage where you want repairs to be done. And, pay repair expenses from your pocket.
- Submit the original bills to the insurer later for claim settlement.
- The insurer will look into the documentation and invoices to settle the claim. After the fruitful assessment and after the deductibles are taken into account, the insurer will settle your claim.
Common National Bike Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
The National two-wheeler insurance claim procedure is simple. Still, there are certain situations in which your claim can get rejected. All the terms are conditions that are stated in the policy as it serves as a legal contract. Following are the instances that can be avoided in getting your National two-wheeler insurance claim settled:
- Driving while under the influence of the intoxicant.
- On purpose accident.
- Driving without a proper driving licence when the accident occurred.
- Not presenting facts.
- Falsifying the claim and/or claim amount.
- The vehicle owner fails to file the National two-wheeler insurance claim in time.
National Bike No Claim Bonus
A policyholder is awarded a no claim bonus or NCB. For every year that policyholder does not file a claim for a National Insurance policy, will earn them bonus points. These points are accumulated over the course of tenure. The maximum NCB offered to the policyholder is 50% up till the 5th year of the policy tenure.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
National Bike Insurance Claim FAQs
1. What is the toll-free number for the National two-wheeler insurance?
The toll-free number of the National two-wheeler insurance is 1800-345-0330.
2. Can I purchase the National two-wheeler insurance policy online?
Yes, you can purchase the National two-wheeler insurance policy online.
3. What is the claim settlement ratio of the National two-wheeler insurance?
The National two-wheeler insurance claim settlement ratio for the financial year 2020 is 85.71%.
4. Can I check the status of my National two-wheeler insurance claim online?
Yes, you can check the National two-wheeler insurance claim status online by visiting the National General website.
5. How many days does it take to settle the National two-wheeler insurance claim?
An insurer will settle the claim after the verification of all the details. The sooner you file the claim, the faster it will be settled.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More