Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Liberty Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. What is the incurred claim ratio of Liberty General Insurance Company?
According to IRDAI Annual Reports 2018-19, the Incurred Claim Ratio of Liberty General Insurance Company is 70%.
2. How can I check my Liberty General Insurance Company’s Car Claim status online?
Customers who wish to check their Liberty General Insurance Company’s Car Claim status online need to kindly visit https://www.libertyinsurance.in/products/motor-insurance/TrackStatus and enter the valid required details to know the claim status.
3. How can I download my Liberty General Insurance Company’s Car Policy Document Online?
In order to download your car insurance policy document online, you can download it at the time of purchasing the policy. Alternatively, you can contact the customer service department and seek help.
4. How long does Liberty General Insurance Company take to process and settle car insurance claims?
Post completing all the documentation formalities, the Liberty General Insurance Company initiates the claim settlement process immediately. However, the maximum claim settlement turn-around-time is 7 working days to reimburse the claim amount.
5. Does Liberty General Insurance Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
Yes, Liberty General Insurance Company offers usage based car insurance policy also known as pay-as-you-drive car insurance.
1. What is the toll-free number of Liberty General Insurance?
The toll-free number of Liberty General Insurance company is 1800-266-5844. However, as the number could change with time, you are advised to look for the same on the company’s website.
2. Is it possible for me to buy add-ons on Liberty car insurance renewal if I buy its third-party policy?
At the time of policy renewal, it is possible to buy add-ons with your existing car insurance plan. However, a third-party car insurance policy does not allow policyholders to purchase add-ons.
3. How can I download the hard copy of renewed Liberty car insurance policy documents?
At the policy renewal time, the insurer will send you the documents on your email ID.
4. How can I know when my existing Liberty car insurance policy expires?
To know your policy expiration date, contact the e-Vahan Bima app. You can also look into the policy documents for your Liberty car insurance policy expiration details.
5. What happens if I fail to renew my Liberty car insurance policy before its expiration?
If you don’t renew your policy before the expiration date, Liberty will give you another 90 days to do so. So, if you renew within that time, you will prevent your policy from getting lapsed.
1. Can I make a Liberty car insurance claim using my smartphone or another mobile device?
Yes, you can file a Liberty car insurance claim on the company’s car Insurance app. Just download the app and file.
2. What is the salvage value of the car according to Liberty?
The car's salvage value is the estimated value of a car that has been involved in an accident and has been completely damaged.
3. Is it mandatory to file a Liberty car insurance claim if the vehicle undergoes minor damage in an accident?
It is best to save your claims for significant damages.
4. Where are the repair garages registered with the Liberty Car Insurance Company?
You can find a list of Liberty Car-registered repair garages on the company's official website.
5. What role does a surveyor play regarding a Liberty car insurance claim?
Surveyor is the person who inspects the damages that occur to a vehicle in an accident and confirms the required claim amount.
1. What is the Liberty Insurance toll-free number to make modifications to your policy document?
Liberty Insurance's toll-free number is 1800-266-7780 that you can dial to make modifications to your policy document.
2. Is it possible for me to make changes in my Liberty car insurance policy document offline?
You can visit your nearest Liberty Insurance branch office and inquire about changing your policy document.
3. What if I could not correct the wrong details of my Liberty car insurance policy document?
Your Liberty car insurance claim may get denied in that case.
4. What are some of the details that should be double-checked before signing the Liberty car insurance policy document?
- Insurance type.
- Policy number.
- Terms and conditions of the policy.
- Duration of the policy.
- Policyholder’s personal details.
- Specifications of the car.
5. What would happen if I misplace my Liberty car insurance policy document?
If you misplace your policy document, you can download it from your email address again.
Add On Covers
1. How many car insurance add-ons does Liberty General Insurance offer?
Liberty car insurance offers seven car insurance add-on covers. Some of them are consumables cover, depreciation cover, roadside assistance cover, etc.
2. How many add-on covers can I get from Liberty General Insurance simultaneously?
There is no limit to the number of car insurance add-on covers you can choose from, which means you can add multiple add-on covers to your policy simulataneously based on your budget and needs.
3. How much money do I need to spend on Liberty car insurance add-ons?
Distinctive add-on covers are available at various prices. Check the insurer’s website for add-on prices. You can even call the customer care of Liberty for prices.
4. When can I purchase Liberty car insurance add-on covers?
You can buy these while buying a base car insurance policy or on renewal.
5. Is it necessary to include an add-on cover in your Liberty car insurance policy?
No, having an add-on cover in your Liberty auto insurance policy is not required. It is simply an optional benefit that you can use to supplement your car insurance policy coverage.
1. What is the comprehensive car insurance offered by Liberty insurance?
The comprehensive car insurance offered by Liberty insurance is for those car owners who want to buy extensive insurance coverage for their vehicles. Comprehensive insurance offers coverage for third-party and own damages.
2. Is it mandatory to buy Liberty comprehensive car insurance?
As per Motor Vehicles Act 1988, all car owners must purchase third-party insurance. However, buying a comprehensive car insurance is not mandatory.
3. How to buy the Liberty comprehensive car insurance offline?
The interested individuals can visit the office branch in their city. There they can communicate with sales coordinators and provide all the details about the car. The sales staff will help customers choose car insurance premiums and add-ons more prudently. They can easily validate all the details and pay the necessary fees at the branch.
4. How to renew Liberty Comprehensive car insurance?
The customers can renew their insurance through the online channel. They can also visit the branch office on the due date to renew the premium. The customers must provide the insurance details, car registration number, and other details as required. They can pay online or in cash as applicable.
1. What is the best way to buy Liberty Third-party car insurance?
It depends on your choice. If you prefer the online method, you can buy it using any of the net banking, UPI, debit card or credit card modes.. On the other hand, if you wish to buy it offline, you can do so by paying the premium in cash, cheque or demand draft at the insurer’s branch office.
2. Does the Liberty third-party car insurance cover your own damage?
No, you can’t claim for the same using the Liberty third-party car insurance policy.
3. How soon should I buy Liberty third-party insurance after buying a car?
You must buy Liberty third-party insurance the moment you buy a new car. Riding a bike without a third-party cover is an offense under the law.
4. How soon should an FIR be filed to ensure a smooth third-party claim process?
In the event of an accident where you have to file an FIR, you must try doing it at the earliest possible if you want to ensure a smooth claim process.
5. Can I renew my Liberty third-party car insurance policy?
Yes, you can do so on the specified renewal date by paying the required premium.
1. Am I free from paying anything during claim settlement against Liberty zero dep car insurance?
Even after buying Liberty zero dep car insurance cover, you will have to pay some compulsory and voluntary deductibles.
2. What is the premium amount for Liberty zero dep car insurance?
Liberty zero depreciation car insurance premium amount depends on various factors such as the car's age, its make and model, IDV of your car, your area of residence, etc.
3. Who should opt for the Liberty zero depreciation car cover?
The zero depreciation car insurance cover from Liberty is best suited for those who have a new or a luxury car, those who are not such experienced drivers, and those who live in the accident-prone zones.
4. What are the benefits of owning a zero depreciation Liberty car insurance if there is no replacement of parts done during repair?
In such scenarios, the claim settlement is done without the Liberty zero depreciation cover benefits, so you can save the number of claims remaining against it.
5. Can I avail Liberty zero dep car insurance benefits in case of a stolen car?
No, Liberty zero depreciation car insurance does not provide coverage against theft.
1. Does the Liberty standalone own damage car insurance offer no claim bonus benefits?
Yes, Liberty General Insurance offers no claim bonus benefits under its Standalone car insurance policy.
2. What factors are considered while calculating the premium for Liberty Own Damage Car Insurance?
The calculation of premium for Liberty own-damage car insurance is done after considering a number of factors such as car make and model, car age, engine cc, geographical boundaries, etc.
3. What documents are needed when claiming Liberty General standalone car insurance?
The following documents are needed to provide at the time of claim initiation under Liberty own damage car insurance policy (the insurer can also ask for other necessary documents as per its requirements):
- Car insurance policy copy.
- A copy of FIR.
- Car registration certificate.
- Repair estimate.
- No claim certificate.
- Photographs of the damaged car.
- Driving licence.
4. Is it mandatory to buy a standalone own-damage Liberty car insurance policy?
No, it is not mandatory to buy a standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
5. Can I raise a claim under Liberty Standalone Car insurance if my car is damaged in the riots?
Yes, Liberty General's own-damage car insurance policy offers coverage against the damages due to riots.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Buying a car insurance policy requires thorough research about different insurance and inclusions. Read on to ...Read More
Do you have an old car but don't know if you should get comprehensive insurance? Check out this guide to know ...Read More
To avoid financial constraints, if your car gets stolen, you must invest in the right kind of policy that can ...Read More
Planning to buy a Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance and are not sure what it entails? Read on to know more.Read More
Thinking of purchasing a vehicle insurance policy from Universal Sompo car insurance? Keep reading this exhaus...Read More
The Indian consumer remains spoilt for choice regarding car insurance options. However, a few things to keep i...Read More
Third-party insurance policy offers protection from financial liabilities that may come your way if your car a...Read More