Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation car insurance is an optional advantage available to all car owners for an additional fee. The comprehensive insurance coverage normally excludes zero depreciation cover. In the event of an insurance claim, the depreciation rate is always calculated and applied to determine the approved claim amount.
When you choose the Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation car insurance add-on, the insurer covers the total cost of your car damage without taking into account the vehicle's depreciation. Customers who seek a smooth claim settlement in the future and peace of mind find zero depreciation appealing.
How does Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover Work?
Like any other asset, your car depreciates as it gets older due to normal wear and tear. Depreciation is the term for this devaluation. It affects the market worth of your vehicle and your claim amount. This is because your insurer takes into account the depreciation cost of the items replaced during the vehicle's repair. You can avoid the depreciation cost liability by acquiring a Kotak Mahindra zero dep car insurance add-on policy.
Benefits of Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover
The following are some of the advantages of purchasing a Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation car insurance add-on:
Kotak Mahindra's zero depreciation cover allows you to get higher claim amounts by relieving you of the burden of depreciation costs. A policyholder who chooses 0% depreciation passes the depreciation risk from himself to the insurer.
Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation car insurance covers your car's rubber parts and other car parts in full. It means that tires, tubes, and parts composed of fiberglass, glass, metal, plastic, etc, are protected under the zero depreciation add-on policy. On the other hand, batteries are only covered to the level of 50%.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Car With And Without Zero Depreciation Add-on
|Car Age||Depreciation Rate with Zero Depreciation Cover||Depreciation Rate without Zero Depreciation Cover|
6 months-1 year
Above 10 years
|Car Parts||Depreciation Rate with Zero Depreciation Cover||Depreciation Rate without Zero Depreciation Cover|
Rubber/ Nylon/ Plastic parts
What is Included Under a Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
The following are some of the aspects that will be covered by the Kotak Mahindra zero dep car insurance:
- Coverage for depreciable automobile parts such as nylon, rubber, fiberglass and plastic.
- In some cases, the zero depreciation compensates for battery and tire damage.
- During the claim settlement, the policyholder's repair or replacement costs are reimbursed.
What is not Included Under a Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
The following items are not covered by the Kotak Mahindra zero dep policy:
- There is no coverage for total loss or damage to the insured vehicle.
- There is no coverage for damage to the insured car caused by a mechanical breakdown.
- Uninsured products such as gas kits, tires and bi-fuel kits are not covered.
Factors Affecting Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Cover
Following are some of the criteria that influence the Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation car insurance add-on cover:
- This add-on coverage is not available for modified vehicles.
- It is not available for cars with parts that are not readily available.
- Kotak's 0% depreciation add-on policy is only available for cars under three years old.
How to Buy Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Cover?
You can either visit the company's official website or an internet insurance aggregator website to purchase Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation car insurance online. Once you have arrived, follow the steps below:
- Enter the registration number of your vehicle.
- Submit your personal information, including your name, phone number and email address.
- Submit car information such as make, model, variant, registration year, etc.
- Give the specifics of the previous policy if you are moving firms.
- Choose Comprehensive/Standalone damage. Select Zero-Depreciation as an add-on to your car insurance.
- You may also select additional add-on covers.
- Check and pay the premium online.
Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Cover Review
Kotak Mahindra car insurance policy is one of India's best car insurance packages. Its comprehensive insurance plan includes coverage for your car and third-party liability, and vehicle/accessory damage and bodily injury/death. The claim settlement process is easy, and the renewal process is simple. The business provides customer support 24 hours a day to resolve client complaints and assure complete customer satisfaction. Because of these concerns, Kotak Mahindra car insurance policy is a must-have.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Car Insurance FAQs
1. I have chosen the 0% depreciation option of Kotak Mahindra car insurance. Will I have to pay anything while the claim is being resolved?
The depreciation cost of the replaced parts is covered by the Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation add-on policy. The policyholder is responsible for the mandatory deductible and the voluntary deductible (if chosen).
2. How much does the Kotak Mahinda zero depreciation add-on cover cost?
The insured declared value (IDV) of the vehicle determines the cost of the Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation add-on policy. It is proportionate to the IDV, so a larger IDV means a bigger zero depreciation premium and vice versa.
3. How can I add zero depreciation coverage to my Kotak car insurance policy?
By visiting the Kotak vehicle insurance website or calling their toll-free number, you may add the Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation car insurance cover to your policy.
4. Should I renew my Kotak auto insurance plan with zero depreciation coverage?
Yes, you should renew your Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation coverage every time you renew your Kotak comprehensive vehicle insurance policy. By renewing zero depreciation, you protect yourself against the massive rate of depreciation applicable to old cars.
5. I have a third-party Kotak car insurance policy. Can I add a zero depreciation cover to this policy?
You can get Kotak Mahindra zero depreciation car insurance add-on coverage if you have a comprehensive package policy or a standalone own damage policy.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More