Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Shriram Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
A zero depreciation cover of Shriram General Insurance is one such add-on that is typically purchased in addition to a base policy. This policy provides coverage for your vehicle's depreciated value. Every vehicle loses value over time. However, in the case of Shriram zero depreciation car insurance, the insurer would be obligated to pay all losses, including depreciation. When looking for the same, the Shriram zero depreciation cover is perfect when eliminating the effects of depreciation when claiming vehicle damages. Let us now go over the specifics of purchasing Shriram zero depreciation car insurance.
How does the Shriram Zero Depreciation Cover Work?
A Shriram zero depreciation insurance policy is also known as a bumper-to-bumper or nil depreciation insurance policy. It does not take into account the effect of depreciation on a vehicle when reimbursing expenditures for an accident. As a result, it would cover even the depreciated worth of the car as well as the expenditures paid in the event of an accident. Shriram zero depreciation cover is an optional add-on that may be purchased in addition to a comprehensive car insurance policy. It incurs an extra premium.
Benefits of Shriram Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover
The following are the advantages of Shriram zero depreciation car insurance:
- A 0% depreciation coverage can be purchased as an add-on to a standard insurance policy.
- This policy would supplement your car's coverage as an add-on.
- It would cancel out the car's depreciation, offering total coverage against damages.
- This coverage would also increase the amount of your insurance claim at claim settlement.
- The cover increases the safety of your car and financial liabilities without significantly increasing your premiums.
- It gives you peace of mind when it comes to financial commitments during claim settlement.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Car with and without Zero Depreciation Cover
The table below displays the depreciation rate for a car with and without a Shriram zero dep cover:
|Age of the Car||Depreciation Rate without Zero Depreciation Cover||Depreciation Rate with Zero Depreciation Cover|
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
What is Included Under a Shriram Car Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
A Shriram zero depreciation car insurance policy will protect you against vehicle damage, including depreciation. Furthermore, it would recompense for depreciated vehicle components such as nylon, plastic, and rubber.
What is not Included Under a Shriram Car Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
The following damages are not covered by a Shriram zero depreciation car insurance policy:
- The cost borne by the vehicle in the form of gear oil, clutch oil, brake oil, and so on.
- Mechanical and electrical malfunctions causing damage.
- All damages sustained by a vehicle older than five years.
- Damages from drunk driving
- Damages resulting from the usage of a personal vehicle for commercial purposes
- Damages incurred as a result of driving without a valid driving licence
- Damages incurred as a result of driving without a valid third-party insurance coverage
- Damages incurred by the vehicle outside of the insurance coverage's geographical region
- Damages resulting from illegal driving and vehicle use
Factors Affecting Shriram Zero Depreciation Cover
The Shriram zero dep car insurance add-on cover is influenced by the following factors:
- Location: If you live in an accident-prone location, your premiums will be higher due to the possibility of you making frequent claims.
- The car insurance cost incurred at the time of purchase affects the premium amount as well.
- Model of car: Except a few specified automobile models, all vehicles in India are eligible for zero dep cover.
How to Buy Shriram Zero Dep Cover?
To purchase Shriram zero depreciation cover, follow the steps outlined below:
- To begin, visit the local Shriram office or its website.
- Select the option for zero deductible add-on coverage above your base policy.
- Fill in the application form with your basic policy information.
- Submit the required documents.
- Choose a quote and pay the fee.
- Gather all the additional information via email or in person.
Shriram Zero Dep Cover Review
When it comes to policy advantages and discounts, Shriram is well-known for providing excellent services. You can also be certain that your vehicle will be secured against all charges thanks to the insurer's services. When in doubt, the insurance offers 24-hour customer assistance to address any of your questions and concerns.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Shriram Zero Depreciation Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is it possible to add zero depreciation car insurance to my existing Shriram third-party car insurance policy?
A zero depreciation cover cannot be purchased in addition to third-party car insurance.
2. Should customers who buy costly cars get zero depreciation insurance from Shriram?
Yes, automobile owners with high-end vehicles must purchase this coverage because they are more likely to face greater expenses in the event of an accident owing to depreciation.
3. Can I get a Shriram zero dep cover for my five-year old car??
More than five-year-old autos acquired offline are also eligible for 0% depreciation.
4. Is fibreglass depreciation covered under Shriram zero depreciation auto insurance?
Yes, a zero depreciation car insurance add-on would cover fibreglass depreciation.
5. Can I renew my Shriram Car Insurance policy online?
You can renew your Shriram Car insurance coverage online.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More