Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Digit Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Standalone bike insurance refers to an own damage bike insurance policy that covers the financial expenses only of your own vehicle against any damages and losses in an unfortunate event. The policy also covers the liability that arises not only due to collision but also for natural calamity, explosion, or even fire.
All this while, there were only two types of bike insurance. However, IRDAI recently introduced its own damage cover to help vehicle owners with existing third-party insurance cover their own vehicle's damages and losses. Therefore, it is advisable to go for Digit own damage bike insurance as it offers much more comprehensive coverage than third-party only insurance in exchange for a cheap and affordable standalone premium. Standalone premium refers to a cost you pay to get your bike insured against any financial loss that arises due to insured bike damage.
How does Digit Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Work?
Digit standalone two-wheeler insurance policy, also known as own-damage bike insurance, is more than what third-party-only insurance does for you. It protects you against the own-damage expenses that have arisen because of an unfortunate accident involving an insured bike. This insurance policy covers the insured bike damage that may have occurred due to a road accident, theft, natural or man-made calamities, vandalism, etc.
Protecting your own two-wheeler is as important as being stress-free about any third-party liabilities. It is provided that no coverage under a standalone policy is provided to the third-party. That means in the case of third-party damage. The insurance company will not entertain it under the standalone of Digit bike insurance policy.
Digit Standalone Bike Insurance Vs. Third Party Bike Insurance Vs. Comprehensive Bike Insurance
|Digit Third Party Bike insurance
|Digit Standalone Bike Insurance
|Digit Comprehensive Bike insurance
|Only for the third party.
|Only for the insured bike.
|For third-party as well as insured bike.
|Cannot be added.
|Add-ons are allowed.
|Add-ons are allowed.
|Costlier than third-party as it offers more expansive coverage, but cheaper than comprehensive bike insurance.
|Mandatory by Law
How to Buy Digit Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance?
A two-wheeler owner can buy the Digit’s bike own damage insurance online by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Digit General Insurance official portal.
- To purchase the Digit standalone bike insurance online, select 'Motor Insurance' from the main menu.
- Choose the 'two-wheeler/bike' insurance.
- Enter the required details in the form including your bike's make, its model, purchase city, purchasing date, existing policy details (if any), and your mobile number and email ID.
- Select the 'Own Damage / Standalone' and pay the premium as prescribed.
- Make the payment via any online payment method like net banking, credit card, or debit card, Paytm or UPI.
What All is Covered Under Digit Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Digit standalone bike insurance policy covers the following risks:
- Any injury to or death of the policyholder owner.
- Accidental damages
- Bike theft
- Man-made disaster
- Natural calamities
What All is not Covered Under Digit Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Digit standalone two-wheeler insurance policy does not cover the following:
- Third-party liabilities.
- Damage to bike outside of geographical boundaries.
- Drunk driver.
- Intentionally performed an accident.
- Driver less than 18 years age.
- Driver without valid driving licence.
- Regular wear and tear of the bike.
- Mechanical or electrical failures of the bike.
- Mishaps involving illegal driving.
- Depreciation of the vehicle.
Key Benefits of Purchasing Digit Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance
Digit two-wheeler standalone insurance policy provides several benefits to the policyholders, including
- 24x7 helpline service, including on national holidays
- Smartphone-enabled self-inspection
- Paperless claims process
- Super-fast claims in just 11 days
- Cashless repairs
- Customize your bike’s IDV
- Bears tow charges of up to INR 300
- Wide range of add-on options available
Digit Standalone Two Wheeler Insurance Review
The smooth, swift and hassle-free process of buying standalone two-wheeler insurance from Digit makes it stand out amongst all other competitors in the market. With their quick and seamless claim settlement services, Digit always ensure to make your insurance journey remarkable.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Digit Standalone Bike Insurance FAQs
1. What is the claim settlement ratio of Digit General Insurance?
Digit General Insurance has successfully settled 97% of the claims with its 2200+ network garages.
2. Is it mandatory to buy a Digit standalone two-wheeler insurance policy?
No, it is not mandatory to buy the Digit standalone bike insurance. As per the Indian traffic rule, every two-wheeler owner must have at least third-party insurance.
3. What are the cost factors of Digit standalone two-wheeler insurance?
The cost of the Digit standalone bike insurance policy depends upon the following factors:
- Your bike's IDV (Insured Declared Value)
- Your bike's cubic capacity
- Age of the bike
- Model of bike
- Add-on covers you availing
- Geographical location of insured
4. What is the claim process of Digit standalone bike insurance?
For that, you need to inform your insurance company that you have met with an accident and let them know about any loss or damage or injury. Provide all the relevant information. The insurer will examine all the evidence provided by you to settle the claim accordingly.
5. Does Digit standalone two-wheeler insurance cover towing charges?
Digit standalone two-wheeler insurance policy covers towing charges of up to INR 300 from the place of accident to the workshop.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More