Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
SBI Car Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The claim amount refers to the amount you get after the accident or the damage incurred to your vehicle or you, depending upon your insurance policy. Filing the claim is your legal right, and you must do it within the purview of your car insurance policy document. SBI General Insurance has certain criteria and procedures that all policyholders must adhere to when filling the SBI four-wheeler insurance claim. Its procedure is completely simple, and in case of any difficulty, you can contact customer care to help you with it. Let's look at the SBI four-wheeler insurance claim process.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
Mentioned below are the documents that you need to provide to the insurer at the time of the claim settlement depending upon the situation for which you are filing the SBI four-wheeler insurance claim:
Claiming After an Accident
- Photocopy of driving license.
- Photocopy of FIR.
- The original or the copy of the insurance policy document.
- Duly filled and signed SBI four-wheeler insurance claim form
- Photocopy of registration certificate book.
- Repair cost estimates.
For Third-Party Claims
- SBI four-wheeler insurance claim form duly filled and signed.
- An original or copy of an insurance policy document.
- Photocopy of driving license.
- Photocopy of registration certificate.
- Photocopy of FIR (If filed).
Claiming for Vehicle Theft
- Theft declaration issued by the Regional Transport Office (RTO).
- Original registration certificate book.
- All sets of keys.
- 'No trace report' issued by the police regarding an insured two-wheeler
- Warranty card and service booklets
- Additional documents, if required by the insurer
How to Make SBI Four Wheeler Insurance Claim Online?
Following are the steps to file the SBI four-wheeler insurance claim online:
- Inform SBI immediately after the accident for a hassle-free claim settlement experience. Just fill in the claim form online to intimate the car insurance company.
- SBI Insurance personnel will get in touch with you within the 24-hour time frame after placing the claim request.
- In case of theft, the FIR needs to be filed. The insurer will ask for a copy of the FIR while filing the claim.
- In case of vehicular injury, an eyewitness account is preferred. If not, then photographic evidence can also be provided. But don’t move the vehicle to the garage till the surveyor appointed by SBI visits the accident site for inspection.
- All the documents need to be submitted to the insurer.
- The claim will be processed and settled after all the documents are authenticated.
How to Make SBI Four Wheeler Cashless Insurance Claim?
Follow these steps to file the SBI four-wheeler cashless insurance claim:
- You will receive a call from SBI General within 24 hours after you inform it about the mishap.
- The insurer will also ask you to file a police complaint if someone is seriously injured. If only the vehicle has sustained damage, an eyewitness report will also work.
- The surveyor will come for the assessment. That time, you also need to submit the required documents.
- You can request SBI for the pickup services or any roadside assistance that you require.
- Your vehicle will be taken to the garage with which SBI has a tie-up.
- After the repairs, the claim will be settled.
How To Make SBI Four Wheeler Reimbursement Insurance Claim?
The SBI four-wheeler reimbursement insurance claim process is outlined below.
- Intimate SBI General Insurance about the reimbursement claim the moment your car is damaged due to an accident or stolen.
- Before sending the surveyor, SBI will ask you to perform some primary activities such as filing the FIR if someone is injured or taking an eyewitness account or photographic evidence if only the vehicle is damaged. In case of car theft, the FIR will need to be registered. This will aid you in getting your claim settled early.
- The surveyor will come for the assessment with whom you need to provide evidence along with the documents that SBI asks for.
- Roadside assistance or pickup facilities will be provided to you if you put in a request for such.
- Post the inspection by the surveyor, you can take the vehicle to the garage of your choice for repairs.
- After the repairs are done, submit the original invoice to the insurer.
- The insurer will look into it and settle the claim with the garage, after which you are free to take your vehicle home. You need to pay the deductibles (if any) to the garage.
Common SBI Four Wheeler Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
SBI can reject your car insurance claim if it finds out that there was a discrepancy or anything wrong or illegal with your claim application. Mentioned below are some of the reasons why your SBI four-wheeler insurance claim can get rejected:
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown of the vehicle.
- Accidents because of voluntary negligence.
- Falsifying the claim.
- The driver was under the influence of intoxicants such as alcohol or drugs when the accident occurred.
- Not filing the SBI four-wheeler insurance claim on time.
- Driving without a proper driving license at the time of an accident
SBI Four Wheeler No Claim Bonus
You get a no claim bonus or NCB from SBI for each claim-free policy year. This NCB ranges between 20% and 50%, which actually is a percentage of discounts on the SBI four-wheeler insurance renewal premium. The discount would, however, apply to the own-damage premium component only. To avail of NCB, you must renew your SBI car insurance policy before it attains a lapsed status due to non-payment of the renewal premium. Ideally, one should do so on the due date itself. But in case you are not able to do that on the said date, do it within the next 90 days to keep your policy and the NCB benefits intact.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
SBI Car Insurance Claim FAQs
1. How many days does it take to settle an SBI four-wheeler insurance claim?
As per the information available on the website of SBI General Insurance, the company settles the four-wheeler insurance claim within 30 days of receiving the final survey report and/or necessary document submission by the insured.
2. Can I make the SBI four-wheeler insurance claim online?
Yes, you can intimate the SBI four-wheeler insurance claim on the official website of the insurance company. Mention details such as your name, mobile number, policy number, etc. After doing these, click on the ‘submit’ button’ to round off your claim intimation to SBI.
3. Can I dial the toll-free number to register the SBI four-wheeler insurance claim?
1800 22 1111 is the toll-free number of SBI General which you can dial to register your claim.
4. How many SBI network garages are there for cashless claim settlement?
SBI General's huge garage network for cashless claim settlement is available all over India. The exact count of garages is not known yet.
5. Can I check the status of my SBI four-wheeler insurance claim online?
The official website of the SBI General will provide you with all the claim-related and other updates regarding your insurance policy.
Recent ArticlesView All
Want to check your car insurance policy status or get other details about your insurance online? Here's how yo...Read More
Modifications help showcase your personality. If you are looking to modify your dream car, here are the top th...Read More
All cars in India need to be insured according to the law. Besides a basic plan, your car insurance should mee...Read More
Get your roadside assistance cover from Shriram General Insurance for smooth and hassle-free assistance during...Read More
A car insurance surveyor is a person who investigates the damages to estimate the losses incurred. Here's all ...Read More
The Aadhaar-enabled Digilocker initiative by the Indian government stands to add tremendous value for motorist...Read More