Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Reliance Car Insurance Highlights
Reliance General Insurance is one of the leading general insurance companies of India, incorporated in the year 2000. The company has over 139 offices and more than 28,900+ intermediaries across India.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Reimbursement within 7 working days for non cashless garages
- Reimbursement within 7 working days for non cashless garages
Available upto Rs 10,000
Available upto 50%
As the name suggests, the Reliance comprehensive car insurance policy protects you financially against car damage and third-party liabilities. Car damage owing to accidents, man-made or natural disasters is covered under this comprehensive insurance plan. Whereas the damage caused to some other person due to your insured vehicle in case of accidents come under third-party liabilities. Both car damage and third-party liabilities can be financially and mentally draining. So, you can consider Reliance comprehensive car insurance policy as your companion to deal with such adversities. Let’s check more about this policy below.
Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance – How does it Work?
The mere possession of Reliance comprehensive car insurance gives you driving peace as mishaps occur unannounced. Thus, whether it is an accidental loss, natural or human-engineered calamities, the car insurance policy provides necessary financial compensation and a legal shield. You need to lodge a claim first before getting it settled through the company’s robust customer care.
Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance vs Third-Party Car Insurance:
The best way to understand the coverage extent of Reliance comprehensive car insurance is by comparing it with its third-party coverage.
|Feature||Comprehensive Policy||Third-party Policy|
|Coverage||Damage to your car due to accidents and other disasters plus the third-party protection by default.||Protects against third-party financial and legal liabilities sustained in an accident.|
|Add-on Facility||As many as eight add-on options for augmenting the coverage||It does not allow add-ons.|
|Premium Cost||The insurance premium is usually higher due to its extensive coverage||The insurance premium is affordable because of its limited coverage|
What All is Covered Under Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Reliance comprehensive car insurance provides extensive coverage to the policyholder and the insured vehicle. The indicative inclusions in the policy are:
- Damages sustained by your vehicle.
- Damages to third-party vehicles and property in an accident.
- Damages caused by fire and explosion.
- The loss suffered due to natural calamities.
- The loss suffered due to malicious human acts.
- The loss suffered due to theft, burglary, and housebreaking.
- Optional add-on covers.
- Facility to customize the IDV.
- Personal accidents cover up to INR 15 Lakh.
What All is not Covered Under Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance?
It is essential to thoroughly understand the exclusions in the Reliance comprehensive car Insurance policy to ensure a hassle-free claim settlement. Moreover, knowledge goes a long way in submitting a flawless claim. So, let us check the indicative list.
- Depreciation and consequential loss sustained by the insured car are not covered. However, a nil depreciation add-on compensates for the depreciated parts.
- Damages sustained while driving under the influence of alcohol, intoxicants, or drugs.
- Damages sustained due to negligent behaviour like rash driving and without a valid license.
- Damages sustained by the insured car for violating the policy terms and conditions
- Damages incurred due to war and nuclear emergencies.
Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits:
Reliance comprehensive car insurance helps you gain these advantages:
- Instant purchase and renewal through multiple channels, including SelfI App
- Personal accidents cover up to Rs.15 Lac
- Default protection against third-party liabilities
- 241/7 active assistance and support over the phone and digital platforms
- Attractive discounts for purchasing the policy
- Multiple add-on options to augment the standard insurance coverage at an additional cost
- Lodge video claims to post easy and hassle-free self-inspection using the “Selfi” App
- 5000+ cashless garage network with a pan India presence
How to Buy Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Purchasing Reliance comprehensive car insurance online is quick and easy. Firstly, give your consent to the car insurance premium quote offered by Reliance. Once done, you will need to submit the following information online.
- Car registration number
- Car’s engine and chassis number
- Existing insurance policy number.
- Car manufacturing date
- Contact details, including email address and phone number
- Keep the RC book handy
You can even choose to buy Reliance comprehensive car insurance online at several aggregators who extend the facility. However, that does not prevent you from purchasing the policy from any Reliance General Insurance office near you.
Reliance Comprehensive Insurance Review
The efficacy of a good insurance plan is evident in the claim settlement experience. The Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy stands out for its coverage and digital environment for effective delivery of services. In addition, its “Selfi” app provides unique functionalities including lodging claims using the self-inspection video facility.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
1. What factors determine the Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy?
The critical factors that determine the Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy are:
- Make and model of the car.
- Manufacturing year.
- Number of chosen add-on.
- Whether no claim bonus is available.
- The customized IDV.
2. Are there any discounts for purchasing the Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy?
You can get the following discounts for your Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy based on the following incidents -
- Automobile Association of India (AAI) membership.
- Installation of anti-theft devices.
- Opting for a higher voluntary deductible.
- Premium discounts on not claiming in a financial year.
3. How does the IDV impact the Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy premium?
The renewal premium depends significantly on the IDV besides NCB and add-on covers. However, the higher the IDV, the higher the premium.
4. How can you renew the expired Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy?
You can renew the expired policy by paying the premium online on Reliance’s portal or through its “Selfi” App. Make sure to renew within 90 days of the expiry date to prevent the policy from getting lapsed.
5. How long does the Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy remain valid?
The Reliance car comprehensive insurance policy comes with a validity of one year, which you must renew before its expiry.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More